Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SOG Topo Meridian

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
SOG Topo Meridian
on: December 25, 2007, 11:14:59 PM
Because I've recently been informed that plain knives could be reviewed (I thought only multi-function knives, i.e. Delta, were allowed) I have several knives that I want to review. To start, I'll give a quick review of the Topo Meridian that I got for Christmas today. I will post pictures up later, possibly tonight.

The SOG Topo Meridian is the only survivor of the unique Topo series, the fatalities being a smaller version- The Mini Topo, and a fixed blade version- The Topo Contour. What makes the Topos unique is their handles. They are made from layers of aluminum and zytel, with "SOG" cut out in the middle, so that when the blade is out you can see through the handle.
    Similar to the Twitch series, the TM has a "kick" that sticks out of the back, and can be pressed to launch the blade out with SOG's assisted opening technology. When the blade is out, the kick serves as a hand guard. At first, it was fairly difficult to press the kick, but after a few minutes of playing with it, it got a lot easier. The wavy grip is very comfortable, as is the rounded pocket clip.
    I haven't done much work with it, but I'm sure that it will hold up. After breaking it in, the only potential problems are the strange blade shape, and the lock; the blade much more than the lock. The lock is only a minor inconvenience as it is a lock-back- not a big problem for most people.

Good-
Stylish
Comfortable, even with pocket clip
Sturdy
Fast-opening once broken in

Not so good-
Lock-back may be inconvenient for some people
The unusual blade shape may not suit some people
The kick is hard to use at first.
[

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: SOG Topo Meridian
Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 11:40:09 PM
Thanks Viper :)  I'm looking forward to the pictures!
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%