Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Surefire 6P LED

Dunc · 10 · 2662

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Surefire 6P LED
on: December 28, 2007, 01:53:58 PM
I used to have a SF 6P with a KL3 Gen 2 led head on it and it was awesome

Seen here with a Z49 clickey and a Kershaw Boa

It took me along time to get the KL3 head as it was new out and sooooo much brighter then the first gen KL3 .
  This made in heaven match came to an end when I had some hefty bills to pay ( same old story ) .I've often thought about getting one again but the cost involved and the hassle of getting them always put me off .Until I spotted this

http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/prrfnbr/24459/sesent/00

Anyone got one ? They look superb to me with up to 11 hours runtime  :D
Where is the cheapest place I can get One ?

Dunc
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 04:35:08 PM by dunc5 »

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Surefire 6P LED
Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 09:02:04 PM
eeek! I seen this earlier in the week! http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=172906
I hope you can still get one.

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 11:34:36 PM
Thanks for the link but they are all sold out and also its the incandescent version and not the new LED one which I think is called a 6PL .

Cheers

Dunc

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 08:04:24 AM
I have one http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,2439.0.html Dunc and really like it. I used it allot when my wife, kids and I would walk across the Dam. I tried my hand at some quick ( and blurry) beamshots of the shed behind my house. 6PL vs 6P. Keep in mind that I have no idea how to do good outside shots, that I just fiddled with the manual settings until they looked close. Also the 6PL isn't near as blue as it looks in the shot. More white with a hint of blue. Also to note that I am still on my first set of cells with the 6PL and I have had it since October 6, using it like I said when I got to the lake maybe once every other week or so and using it for maybe 20 to 30 minutes. The 6P is with fresh SF cells. 

6P with fresh cells, 1 hour of run time 

6PL with over 3 month old cells, 11 hours of runtime

Also there is more side spill for both lights that the shots don't show.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 08:06:46 AM by prime77 »
"

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 09:26:19 AM
Thanks prime  :D   Thats convinced me . Just get over Christmas andI may have to gey one in the new year  :D

Dunc

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007, 09:45:16 AM
No problem Dunc, glad I could help. Your 6P in your first post was really cool looking. Too bad you had to part with it. I may be wrong but I remember reading a while ago on CPF that you were considering getting a A2. Did you ever get one and if so what are your thoughts on it?
"

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #6 on: December 29, 2007, 10:12:28 AM
No problem Dunc, glad I could help. Your 6P in your first post was really cool looking. Too bad you had to part with it. I may be wrong but I remember reading a while ago on CPF that you were considering getting a A2. Did you ever get one and if so what are your thoughts on it?

Yes I did have an A2 ( had to sell that aswell ) . It was very nice with usual SF quality . The LED and bulb combo worked very well but the bulb was not as bright as the P60 but for general use it was very good .The best one I had for sheer fun was a 9P with a P91 lamp .I once melted a nylon Leatherman sheath with it ( it was smoking and everything   :D  ) But the most usefull was the 6P with the LED head on it .

Dunc

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #7 on: December 29, 2007, 10:25:40 AM
Where did you get it from Prime ? They are not easy to get hold of in the UK and they also cost a fortune .

Dunc

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: December 29, 2007, 12:32:06 PM
I got mine at a hunting and outdoor store near my mother and laws house in Athens, GA. Believe it or not Lowes Home Improvement Center which is a large hardware store chain hear in the US ( I don't know if they are in the UK)  are carrying the 6PL and G2L. The 6PL goes for $85.00 there. Which is the same price I paid If I remember correctly.

I don't know if you still have the 9P. But if you do SureFire is selling the 6PL Led drop in http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/carfnbr/0/prrfnbr/24502/P60L-LED-Assembly on it's website by itself. From what I read with the 9P you  don't get don't get improved output but even longer runtime.
"

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #9 on: December 29, 2007, 01:10:22 PM
I got mine at a hunting and outdoor store near my mother and laws house in Athens, GA. Believe it or not Lowes Home Improvement Center which is a large hardware store chain hear in the US ( I don't know if they are in the UK)  are carrying the 6PL and G2L. The 6PL goes for $85.00 there. Which is the same price I paid If I remember correctly.

I don't know if you still have the 9P. But if you do SureFire is selling the 6PL Led drop in http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/carfnbr/0/prrfnbr/24502/P60L-LED-Assembly on it's website by itself. From what I read with the 9P you  don't get don't get improved output but even longer runtime.

Yes your right about the 9P runtime . Unfortuantly I have no surefires now so am looking to start again .

Dunc

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD