Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Timberline +B

Woz · 4 · 2393

at Offline Woz

• No Life Club
Timberline +B
on: October 12, 2011, 07:01:02 PM
I found a quite cheap one piece tool on a newsletter today.
 A Timberline designed by Swissbianco. I do not like Swissbianco, for all the +B designs I tried so far just did not work for me. I tried his NeckAngel, his Swiss Key Tool and his UL ultralight knife as well as his tactical pen, and always felt somehow disappointed. Anyways, it is a matter of taste, some people do not like Spyderco or Leatherman, so no problem here.

The Timberline tool is very inexpensive, MSRP is just $17.-, street price even lower. What you get is a small knife with a serrated edge, a linecutter, screwdriver tip, bottle opener and oxygen wrench (btw, who has to open oxygen bottles in his every day life?) it comes with a sheath and lanyard. I have to admit, I like the idea. Some may argue a blade and so the need for a sheath are downsides on a keychain tool, and I guess they may be right, but still, it seems to be a great deal for the money they ask for it. I would not even consider buying it at 25 Dollars or more, but 17? Guess I have to give it a try.

Can anyone share experiences with this tool?

Here is a link to the manufacturer site. http://www.timberlineknives.com/product/fixedblades/key_ring.mgi
edc-reviews.blogspot.com

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Re: Timberline +B
Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 07:27:23 PM
IMO, it would be hard to effectively use the blade.  I would like to see a better "handle" or more of a guard to prevent a finger/thumb slipping up onto the blade.

Plus, how are you going to use the cutting hook?  Your hand has to go on the blade (and the sheath covers the blade AND cutting hook.) :ahhh

ca Offline jekostas

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 07:28:44 PM
Besides Gadget Guy posting a thread last year that it must obviously be a copy of Atwood's mini son of prything, I don't think anyone's really spent any time with that particular piece.

Frankly, it scares the bejesus out of me - one bad night of drinking with the placement of the blade and bottle opener on that tool and you'll slice your thumb clean in half.

at Offline Woz

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 08:14:47 PM
That is why I don not like his designs. They just do not work in practice.
edc-reviews.blogspot.com

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD