Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

CS Trail Hawk Mod (Photo Heavy)

us Offline The Warrior

CS Trail Hawk Mod (Photo Heavy)
on: October 22, 2011, 01:03:02 AM
Here's my CS Trail Hawk mod. Ground the eye socket, stripped and gun blued the head, painted the handle black, and added olive drab tiger stripes, then 550 paracord wrapped it. As you can see, it matches my olive drab tiger striped grivory on the Becker BK2.

With, and without the kydex sheath Snakedoc made for me:

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: CS Trail Hawk Mod (Photo Heavy)
Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 11:34:38 AM

Nice pictures  :tu: Great tools  :drool:
Everything’s adjustable

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 11:36:59 AM
Massive improvement on the stock one :tu:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline The Warrior

Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 03:43:38 PM
Nice pictures  :tu: Great tools  :drool:
Thanks, appreciated.

Massive improvement on the stock one :tu:
Thanks. I was thinking about getting another, and make it look more rustic.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 03:36:17 AM
Here here, what's all this racket about?! >:(

:D

Fabulous work you've done there TW :tu: A naive question though; what keeps the paracord wrap from sliding down the handle when you swing the axe?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline The Warrior

Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 05:01:17 AM

Fabulous work you've done there TW :tu: A naive question though; what keeps the paracord wrap from sliding down the handle when you swing the axe?
Thanks. It's just wrapped very tight. Really, it is tight, but also technique. Here's an example of how to do it: http://www.bushcraftusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16476

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 10:14:12 AM
I'm just thinking that I might have to try that cord wrap on something. :cheers:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline The Warrior

Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 01:14:27 PM
It really makes a big difference. I love it. Of course, the other side isn't as neat looking, but the cord underneath the main wrap actually fits in my hand perfectly. The cord near the head, is for over strike protection, but also to use as a handle for close up fighting. You don't need the length of the handle for close up fighting. It makes it into more of a knife then.

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: October 29, 2011, 10:47:27 PM
It really makes a big difference. I love it. Of course, the other side isn't as neat looking, but the cord underneath the main wrap actually fits in my hand perfectly. The cord near the head, is for over strike protection, but also to use as a handle for close up fighting. You don't need the length of the handle for close up fighting. It makes it into more of a knife then.

How well does it work for chopping and splitting?  With the narrow blade I'd suspect that it's not quite as good as a regular hatchet or small axe for woodcutting.
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

us Offline Smitty44

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 05:28:15 AM

Thanks. It's just wrapped very tight. Really, it is tight, but also technique. Here's an example of how to do it: http://www.bushcraftusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16476

Great job Warrior,and thanks for the tip on the paracord,and if nothing else a little extra paracord in a emergence is always welcome. :salute:

us Offline The Warrior

Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, 02:05:28 AM
Sorry for the delayed responses, just got back from camping.

How well does it work for chopping and splitting?  With the narrow blade I'd suspect that it's not quite as good as a regular hatchet or small axe for woodcutting.
It chops very well, but in all honesty, I would recommend a hatchet. To begin with, the blade's wider on a hatchet, covering more surface area per chop. The tomahawk will bite in deep, with the narrow blade and long handle, but not covering as much area at once.

Great job Warrior,and thanks for the tip on the paracord,and if nothing else a little extra paracord in a emergence is always welcome. :salute:
Thanks, and you're very welcome.

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: December 24, 2011, 09:43:32 PM
Damn good job mate I have been oooing and aahhing about one of these puppies for over a year you have made up my mind to do it :tu:

us Offline The Warrior

Reply #12 on: December 27, 2011, 03:33:45 AM
Damn good job mate I have been oooing and aahhing about one of these puppies for over a year you have made up my mind to do it :tu:
Thanks. It was a fun mod to do.

gb Offline 5hif7y

• tooled up
Reply #13 on: December 27, 2011, 03:47:51 AM
luv it mate. you done a great job on those tiger stripes. nice  :tu:
-----5hif7y-----

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00