Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

ATF Squirts... 318

No Life Club Posts: 1,349
ATF Squirts...
« on: May 12, 2020, 02:55:28 AM »
Just a little mini collection I have.  The “NCETR” is short for National Center for Explosives Training and Research.  I’m assuming they went to the PS4 when the E4 was discontinued.  The other 3 are E4s, nice gift tin for one of them.   :cheers:
Global Moderator Just Bananas Posts: 61,211
Re: ATF Squirts...
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 03:58:27 AM »
That is a very cool set of Squirts 8) Thanks for the pics and for sharing :tu: :like:
No Life Club Posts: 4,387
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 04:07:01 AM »
The EL/E4 is far superior to the ES4 due to the fine SD and tweezers vs. flimsy scissors. For small electronics, RC, and trains, I'm using what it has more than scissors. Never have I had to reach for it.

Nice little collection! I guess these things are just what's needed for bomb diffusal in well-trained hands.
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 03:58:22 PM »
Thanks Poncho and Cody, couldn’t agree more about the usefulness of the E4.  That tiny grip at the end of the wire stripper pliers is a super tweezer and the 3d Phillips is a nice touch also.   :cheers:
No Life Club Posts: 4,387
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2020, 05:30:55 PM »
Thanks Poncho and Cody, couldn’t agree more about the usefulness of the E4.  That tiny grip at the end of the wire stripper pliers is a super tweezer and the 3d Phillips is a nice touch also.   :cheers:

I am surprised at how strong the gripper is on the EL/E4. As I bought, and am finally now using my Radio Shack EL for model trains,  I have been using it to remove damaged rail joiners from the ends of the Markin "M-Track" model railroading track, and it has been able to take quite a bit of pulling force removing it.  And isn't the 3D Phillips exclusive to the EL/E4? I have not seen it on another model, but have used it a lot also.
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 05:32:00 PM »
Cody....I believe you are correct about the 3d Phillips being exclusive to the EL/E4.  Haven’t seen it elsewhere.  I used the gripper to remove a broken Wenger toothpick that I couldn’t get a grip on with anything else.  Saved removing the scales...yea!!!  👍. It’s a shame that the E4/S4/P4 series is no longer made but I guess that compromises must be made to stay profitable 😢.     :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
October Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: $109.46
PayPal Fees: $6.30
Net Balance: $103.16
Below Goal: $196.84
Site Currency: USD
34%