Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Tool Logic T1 Tech Light

us Offline Spoonrobot

• No Life Club
Tool Logic T1 Tech Light
on: January 15, 2008, 11:12:00 AM
Tool Logic info page.

A tool after my own heart. Featuring both a light and a pocket clip this tool makes a good addition to other full-size tools.

It features the following implements:
• 5mm LED light with a On/Off clickie switch
• Ball Point Pen
• Philips and Flathead drivers
• Screwdriver Socket
• Removeable Clip

The tool also has an opening for attachment to a keychain or lanyard. The light runs on 2x1216 batteries, these batteries are available at most drug stores and are generally priced from 1.00-2.00$ each. The clickie for the light has both tactile and audible feedback, the beam is typical of a white 5mm LED in both tint and brightness.

The double-ended driver has crisp lines and fits most smaller screws. Having a removeable driver allows good feedback when interacting with the tiny fasteners. Allowing a better grip on the drivers the tool has a relief that allows the driver to be inserted and then the whole tool rotated. This system works well for sweaty hands since it gives a lot more to grip on stubborn screws. The driver snaps onto the tool with a positive click for storage, no problems were noted with accidental unattachment.

The pen is typical ballpoint, it writes fine but is interesting to hold since it is so short in body length. Good in a pinch but I wouldn't want to write a dissertation with it. The pen slides onto the tool securely, again no problems were noted with accidental removal.

The clip is easy to slide on or off pockets and hat brims, allowing hands free illumination of a given item.

Small in size and weight this tool gives the user another option for carrying a few extra items not normally found on full-size multis. It's a good keychain companion since it takes up no more room than typical keychain light but has several more features.

Pricepoints are between 8.00$-12.00$, a good price for this tool. Make sure to contact your selected dealer when purchasing this item since it is small enough to mail in an envelope and can slide under the typical shipping charges of a larger item. This tool is a good way to start your friends and family with a multi-tool. It's small enough that they will carry it and useful enough that they will slowly understand why we carry what we do. I gave one to my Mother for Christmas a year ago and she constantly tells me how much she uses it.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Tool Logic T1 Tech Light
Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 05:39:23 AM
Well written sir!

Some initial thoughts/questions:
The pocket clip is what really makes this device appealing.
Excellent pictures but still hard to see...what engages the tiny scewdriver when it is inserted in the body for driving? Is there some sort of hex engagement?
I've never handled any of the Tool Logic products. How would you rate the quality of construction?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline Spoonrobot

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 09:39:41 AM
Well written sir!

Some initial thoughts/questions:
The pocket clip is what really makes this device appealing.
Excellent pictures but still hard to see...what engages the tiny scewdriver when it is inserted in the body for driving? Is there some sort of hex engagement?
I've never handled any of the Tool Logic products. How would you rate the quality of construction?

That picture kind of bugged me too, photographing tiny tools really gives my close-in photo skills a workout  ;). The tiny driver is engaged in the body by a hex cutout in the plastic, I haven't used this feature much but it locks in solid with no discernible play.

Quality of construction is mid-range good. Mold lines are crisp and clear but there are some obvious manufacturing marks and the electronics look fair. It leaves a good first impression for the company, I'm going to check out some more of their tools after this first one.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 01:32:42 PM
They seem to have an extensive line currently, plus a number of models that have been discontinued. The Office Tool that Lonediver was referring to in another thread is an interesting example.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%