Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

08 Soldier?

ie Offline sakismine

• New User
08 Soldier?
on: November 06, 2011, 10:59:16 AM
Hello to everybody, I've recently become a lurker of your fine forum so thought it about time to register. I'm having great trouble sourcing a Victorinox 08 model soldier. Unfortunately I only got into collecting sak's after they stopped making this model.

I live in Ireland so ebay is out of the question for me. Would any of you fine gentlemen be interested in striking a deal??  :think:

Cheers!

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Re: 08 Soldier?
Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 11:53:19 AM
Hello sakismine, welcome to the forum. :tu:  I'm guessing you are after one of the older Alox Soldiers and not the 08 OH Soldiers.  You have a few options open to you I'd say;

1) get a Vic Pioneer.  It's basically the same but with a different shield and added keyring.

2) get a Wenger SI.  It's the one that Wenger supplied to the Swiss Army at the same time as Vic did and is still being produced, though now lacks the blade date stamp.  Plus it's the one I have and I love it. :D

3) Stick up a thread in the 'Tools Needed' forum and see who might be able to help you out: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/board,9.0.html

4) Check out EDC Source, a quick search throws up a couple of options; http://www.edcsource.com/auction_search.php

best of luck. :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

ie Offline sakismine

• New User
Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 12:10:06 PM
Yes, your right it is one of the older Alox Soldiers, I have a definite preference for these over the newer models, just a beautiful knife!

I already have a Pioneer and SI so it would be just the Vic Soldier i'm looking for. I wasn't aware there was a tools needed forum so I will check down there. It's quite frustrating that ebay UK and Ireland banned all sales of knives, sourcing would be relatively easy otherwise.

Cheers bud

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 01:30:06 PM
Ah, so you're well ahead of me. :)  Best of luck with the search, I'm sure you'll be able to turn up something here.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 04:37:59 PM
Never mind :)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 04:41:55 PM by Reinier »
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%