Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Where are your lights?!

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Where are your lights?!
on: January 06, 2008, 12:58:16 PM
I was reading in another forum about people who have lost flashlights and their pain.
Some have found them (over time) but many have not. I wanted to start a thread about
good and bad habits to teach/remind us to organize, remember, plan, make good habits
so this doesn't happen to you! (and me).

One guy suggested to make a "Whereisit" list on your computer so you always know where they are,
instead of putting them someplace safe! (you know those secret hiding places that even "YOU" forget!).

I just made one and would like to hear ways and tips you have of keeping all your lights, knives, tools, etc
from getting lost/misplaced.

here's some of my lights;
coast red led pen-ultrafire B3-gerber infinity ultra-L1D-coast multi recon-L2D-lumapower M3

* 100_8544.JPG (Filesize: 49.7 KB)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 01:02:13 PM by WhichDawg »

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Re: Where are your lights?!
Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 02:30:15 PM
Actually I have a rollaway middle chest that sits in my closet that I keep all the stuff in. It has 4 drawers, and the top is blades, second is tools third is lights and wallet fourth is just all the other crap I need for the day. Keys to trucks,paperwork. ect. This way everythign is just where I need it.
S

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 02:43:40 PM
Keep most items from my collections of SAKs, multitools and flashlights in a Gerstner machinist's chest.  In an Excel spreadsheet, I keep track of these collections--detailed descriptions of each item, and what it cost me.  There is a notes field in that spreadsheet where I track the items that are stashed around the house, vehicles and PSKs.
- Terry

Offline kreskin13

Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 05:30:47 PM
I try to keep most of my toys in a tool chest of some sort, but I have lots in BOB's, work, around the house, in the car, pretty much everywhere. For me to try to keep track of them on a computer or even a hand written list wouldn't work because I move these around too often.

My rule of thumb is I can't worry or be afraid that I would lose or break it, (as much as we care about these things) after all it's just stuff.

Calvin
[

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21