Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Oh man, it's begun! :D CRKT M21 M21-14 on the way!

us Offline Splat

Oh man, it's begun! :D CRKT M21 M21-14 on the way!
on: January 04, 2008, 07:22:11 PM
Oh man, I should burn the credit card NOW.   :-[  I just ordered a CRKT M21-14 Kit Carson designed beauty. What a beau-ti-ful knife. I handled one in-person a few days ago and it's been growing on me since.
http://tinyurl.com/pl44g

I've been doing a lot of reading... :drool:..wiping chin... :drool:...more reading.....  and though I like the BM Mini-Ambush I picked up it's a little small for my hand, but still a good IWB knife. So, I start thinking about a slightly bigger knife for a more comfortable fit. I like the BM Griptilian and almost took a roadtrip to Cabela's for the D2 version but I just dig the look and feel of CRKT's M21 line. There is one thing I'm slightly worried about. I called Fern to confirm this was the AutoLAWK model they had in-stock (2007+ models) and the woman didn't know and couldn't confirm it. Now, is this a big deal either way? I don't know, but they do have a 100% satisfaction-guarantee so I can return it if not happy...plus they're only an hour's drive away. Man, I'm stoked though!  Dontcha love the pure rush you get from waiting for something? I don't.  ;) :D

Anyone own a CRKT M21?
Splat

Offline yellowhammer

Re: Oh man, it's begun! :D CRKT M21 M21-14 on the way!
Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 07:24:43 PM
Nice choice, I keep looking at those :) Let us know how you get on, and what's coming next of course... :D
C

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 07:29:32 PM
I have one of the first M-16's, and it's a pretty neat knife.

The other M models were developed off of that.  It was one of the first production folders to incorporate the flipper, and I think it was largely because on the early models (like mine) the thumb stud fits so neatly into the handle that it's very difficult to open.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Splat

Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 07:33:50 PM
Def, how do you like the M16...still carry it?
Splat

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 08:19:04 PM
Naw, I haven't carried any tactical type folders in a while.  I just don't see much point nowadays, since I use pliers and screwdrivers much more often than a blade.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 01:31:20 AM
I know that I am now waiting on my Zilla tool, and I cant waite for that to come my way. By the way that is a cool looking piece! :ahhh
S

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD