Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My First Review: Leatherman Wingman (pics)

Gfou · 4 · 6151

spam Offline Gfou

My First Review: Leatherman Wingman (pics)
on: November 15, 2011, 04:34:04 AM
I know there is already a bunch of reviews on the wingman, but i thought i would share my thoughts on this nifty MT.

First off, I love the spring loaded pliers. It is a very neat feature, and it works perfectly with the wingman's handle design. 

My favorite tool has to be the package opener...it worked much better than i expected it too and has come in handy.

The knife works great out of the package as well. At first I wasn't too crazy about the half serrated blade, but it's turned out to be handy when you need that extra edge to cut something.

The one thing i don't understand is why they decided to put a 1-inch ruler behind the file, i think they should have made it double-sided one just like all of the other leathermans.  Or they should have put a full length file in...it seems like there is room (however i understand that they were doing everything possible to create a low-price MT)

I also like how the Wingman comes with a pocket clip. Personally I don't like messing around with a sheath, so i can just clip it directly to my belt.

Even though the Wingman doesn't have fully locking tools (besides the blade and scissors) they all stayed in place really well (At first I thought they were fully locking)

The bottle opener and screwdrivers are pretty standard.

Even though the wingman is 7 oz, for some reason it feels much lighter in the hand (if that makes any sense) Here is a picture of it compared to my Leatherman Blast

I hope this review helped at least someone out there. Let me know what you thought of the review.

-Gfou

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Re: My First Review: Leatherman Wingman (pics)
Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 07:57:39 AM
Good review and thank you for sharing. I fell in love with the Wingman after I bought mine. I went in thinking I was going to hate it but I was certainly wrong. I think I will carry mine tomorrow.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

gb Offline badwolf

• No Life Club
  • my best friends a dog
Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 07:29:41 PM
Nice review Gfou, thanks for some info I wasn't sure of myself, namely this bit
"Even though the Wingman doesn't have fully locking tools (besides the blade and scissors) they all stayed in place really well (At first I thought they were fully locking)"
Thanks again :tu:
"I like me, my wife likes me"

JC PT&A

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 01:07:39 AM
Thanks for sharing your thoughts mate. :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%