Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The pen and pencil thread

enki_ck · 302 · 40673

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: The pen and pencil thread
Reply #270 on: February 27, 2023, 03:45:09 PM
Good call on the 701 pencil.  Huge fan of the 701 pen.  Had mine well easily a decade.  It is as dependable as they come and I like the Zebra ink.
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #271 on: February 28, 2023, 09:35:22 PM
Left my Metro out on the counter next to the doodle pad and hid all the rest of the regular pens.

Wife was writing a grocery list. “This pen is nice”

Mwuhahaha! Devious plan complete.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #272 on: March 04, 2023, 10:59:44 PM
I kind of fell off the nice pen train. :o

Have emptied a few 4-colour bics in support of my university notes rather than use a space pen or anything.  :oops:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #273 on: March 04, 2023, 11:24:42 PM
I kind of fell off the nice pen train. :o

Have emptied a few 4-colour bics in support of my university notes rather than use a space pen or anything.  :oops:
Ditto, but kinda, I really fell for that knurled grip, yet I liked having the multiple colors, so having both multiple colors and also a pencil was working great, so I found this, depending on how you turn the pen (which ever is up) will come out,, worked great, so when I was doing morning paperwork, if it was good, id give it a blue check, if bad, a red check, management loved it, cause rather then having to go through all the paperwork they’d see what was a “must look at” because it was marked red, vs having to look through everything! Plus it was great having to carry just one pen/pencil, and when you needed to switch colors just hit the button on the clip then turn it to what you needed.. it originally came with a comp point, but also you could switch it to a pencil, which was also great for the other paperwork that needed to be done which might needed to be erased.. so like the perfect all in one!
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #274 on: March 04, 2023, 11:36:30 PM
Huh.... That looks like an excellent way to confuse people if you're sneaky. >:D
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #275 on: March 10, 2023, 06:24:17 PM
JINHAO X750 loaded with some cheap blue ink.  Its a nice looking pen and it writes very nice.  18K GP #7 (nib) not sure if what that number means as most call it a medium nib.     

* IMG_7688.jpg (Filesize: 53.42 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

pr Offline Juan el Boricua

• No Life Club
Reply #276 on: March 16, 2023, 12:03:13 AM
Here are my newest; Pilot Vanishing Point Fermo (accompanied by a pair of standard Vanishing Points) and my homemade pen rests.

20230315_190229.jpg
* 20230315_190229.jpg (Filesize: 118.92 KB)

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #277 on: March 25, 2023, 08:11:41 PM
is
Here are my newest; Pilot Vanishing Point Fermo (accompanied by a pair of standard Vanishing Points) and my homemade pen rests.
  [ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]

Vanishing point. Isn’t the point of a pen pretty much the opposite of that?

• No Life Club
Reply #278 on: March 26, 2023, 01:57:33 AM
Vanishing point. Isn’t the point of a pen pretty much the opposite of that?

Screenshot_20230325-205333_Chrome.jpg
* Screenshot_20230325-205333_Chrome.jpg (Filesize: 105.59 KB)

OTOH, I'm becoming very fond of these pens for work, as I do not have to fumble with posting and capping amidst an intervention; one-hand-opening! :2tu:

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #279 on: April 16, 2023, 04:24:32 PM
Took a little while but my Metro has become an excellent writer.

• No Life Club
Reply #280 on: April 16, 2023, 05:20:40 PM
Yes, it is; so is the quote!!
 :cheers:  :rofl:

england Offline Kev D

Reply #281 on: June 01, 2023, 12:40:42 PM
I love the smell of brasso in the morning

I blame Smashie, I wouldn't have found these cheap brass pens if it wasn't for him

* Brass pens.jpg (Filesize: 268.16 KB)

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #282 on: June 01, 2023, 03:23:48 PM
 :D Nice.  how's the ink? 
Esse Quam Videri

england Offline Kev D

Reply #283 on: June 02, 2023, 12:42:03 AM
Thanks

They have parker refills in them so it's good.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #284 on: June 02, 2023, 04:30:58 PM
Very nice.   :like:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #285 on: August 04, 2023, 01:30:50 PM
Thanks

They have parker refills in them so it's good.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Yeah so we are gonna need the details please.

Also curious which Parker G2 refills you guys prefer. Digging the Schmidt Easyflow atm here.

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #286 on: August 04, 2023, 01:33:31 PM
Only a week of use at work and the Copper is already starting to look sexy af.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #287 on: August 04, 2023, 02:17:17 PM
That’s pretty much what I’ve always wanted, a simple solid from top to bottom and a bolt setup, nice!
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

england Offline Kev D

Reply #288 on: August 07, 2023, 01:03:56 PM
Yeah so we are gonna need the details please.

Also curious which Parker G2 refills you guys prefer. Digging the Schmidt Easyflow atm here.

The last brass pens are ebay from a chinese seller, just search for brass pen

I use the parker quink flow medium tip.  I find the fine too scratchy.  Parker don't do a red one anymore so for the red refill I am using a Monteverde soft roll medium tip.

I don't bother with the gel refills as I also have a nice net of parker rollerballs on my desk to. 

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #289 on: August 12, 2023, 06:49:53 PM
The last brass pens are ebay from a chinese seller, just search for brass pen

I use the parker quink flow medium tip.  I find the fine too scratchy.  Parker don't do a red one anymore so for the red refill I am using a Monteverde soft roll medium tip.

I don't bother with the gel refills as I also have a nice net of parker rollerballs on my desk to.

My local office store had the Quink refills but I don’t care for em. It was a Fine and it also was scratchy like you said.

Just got some Fine Schmidt Easyflow refills in and very much enjoy em.

Here she is after two weeks.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #290 on: August 13, 2023, 12:19:33 AM
My local office store had the Quink refills but I don’t care for em. It was a Fine and it also was scratchy like you said.

Just got some Fine Schmidt Easyflow refills in and very much enjoy em.

Here she is after two weeks.

(Image removed from quote.)
Looks great, just like my Kaweco. It's gained the same patina.

:cheers: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

fi Offline Pilotsupergrip

Reply #291 on: September 01, 2023, 04:15:10 PM
Tend to use these all the time. From left to right.

Pokka Pen. Gets carried in my jeans fifth pocket most of the time. My EDC pen. Previously carried the Space Pen for years but got 3 of these pens with 3 extra refills so cheap I had to prefer the Pokka's. Don't mind losing one. I use it all the time for various notes and logs. Got the orange color as I like it best for these.

Stanley mini permanent marker. Been using these for several years and the size is perfect to carry around if needed. Sometimes gets carried, sometimes not. Good tip for marking stuff. Use it all around the house primarily for marking stuff.

Pilot Supergrip M. My favourite is F (fine) but these are what I got right now. My favourite pen and I've used these for many years at work and at home. Currently have few lying around at home and one clipped to my EDC A5 size notebook that's in my go bag.

Parket Jotter with Quinkflow F black ink. This is my diary pen. Very smooth writing and I tend to use this with birthday cards etc. Like the quality of the pen and ink a lot.

Lähetetty minun SM-A426B laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Curl, Surge, OHT, Crunch, Micra, Squirt PS4, Style CS, Huntsman, Spartan, Classic SD, Armbar Slim Cut

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #292 on: September 14, 2023, 09:12:31 PM

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #293 on: September 15, 2023, 03:19:06 AM
It is :drool: :like: :like:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #294 on: September 15, 2023, 05:35:38 AM
I so want a bolt pen, I’d love to carve it myself on a machine lathe, I pretty much have the blueprint hand drawn on a piece of paper, all made from a standard $3, 1/2” x 8” bolt! I actually made a pen using a 3/8” bolt and the tip of a bic, as seen on the end, the thread is used as the grip, those other blue ones are actually crochet needles, I must say a very nice pen, a light aluminum pen, both flat ended or tipped! Yet also a retractable one made out of something aluminum and by Lowe’s kobalt section.. sorry about the pic, if interested I could take a new one, I thought it was better from way back,
JR

* IMG_2258.jpg (Filesize: 97.46 KB)

us Online nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #295 on: September 15, 2023, 06:01:57 PM
I so want a bolt pen, I’d love to carve it myself on a machine lathe, I pretty much have the blueprint hand drawn on a piece of paper, all made from a standard $3, 1/2” x 8” bolt! I actually made a pen using a 3/8” bolt and the tip of a bic, as seen on the end, the thread is used as the grip, those other blue ones are actually crochet needles, I must say a very nice pen, a light aluminum pen, both flat ended or tipped! Yet also a retractable one made out of something aluminum and by Lowe’s kobalt section.. sorry about the pic, if interested I could take a new one, I thought it was better from way back,
JR
When I first started reading, I though you meant something like this, not a pen made from a bolt…

* IMG_1655.jpg (Filesize: 39.17 KB)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #296 on: September 15, 2023, 07:07:58 PM
When I first started reading, I though you meant something like this, not a pen made from a bolt…
Yes! I want a bolt pen kinda pretty much like that, something very simple made from one piece of metal so very solid with a knurled grip, but yes a simple bolt mechanism, and spring, that’s it, yet why pay so much for a piece of steel when you can just buy a simple bolt for like $3 and make it from that?
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #297 on: September 15, 2023, 08:48:46 PM
Here’s a better pic of the ones I made, as you can see clearly yes it’s a bolt, I drilled the center out and made it fit a simple bic pen, I also filed the threads down to make it a little more comfy on the fingers, along with simple crochet needles again with bic pens,, oh and the simple hand drawn blueprint I did..
JR

* IMG_2264.jpg (Filesize: 142.72 KB)

* IMG_2266.jpg (Filesize: 111.7 KB)

us Offline Enginears

Reply #298 on: September 25, 2023, 07:20:07 PM
I have been on a bit of a journey since I started doing a lot more hand written calculations again. Throughout school I eventually came to love the Yellow Pentel P209. I even had a backup. Fast forward a few years and I misplaced my main one and one of my sons had stabbed the backup into the table crushing the tip. So I used what I had, which was a Zebra M-701 I got at a conference. Occasionally I’d check the shop for the Pentel 209 and they never seemed to have them. Apparently I am a bit absent minded because then I misplaced the Zebra and bought the Pentel P207 to replace it. Until yesterday I was in an unexpected place and found one Delfonics branded P209 in red/orange, score! I also found the Zebra again when looking for my lead refills. So today I am back to my beloved 9mm lead. Here is a pic of the full lineup. 
FullSizeRender-compressed.jpg
* FullSizeRender-compressed.jpg (Filesize: 169.25 KB)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #299 on: September 25, 2023, 11:20:33 PM
That 09’s got to have some heavy hold to it, when I was in drafting I used to use and I still have it, yup, my 03, that thing would break idk how many times, I had to have a very easy hand, yet I was also taking plumbing so I also had to have a very strong hand, not an easy mix, most of the others stuck with a norm size yet I think one other kid went to a 05, of course him and I had some of the sharpest drafts, at he end of the year we had to draft the teachers house and then put in a heating system, everyone played simple, yet of course me with the thinnest lead put in a subfloor heating system, (pretty much a line every like 8in, yet in scale was like every 1/4”) yeah NUTS! But I scored a 105 on it..
JR

* IMG_2371.jpg (Filesize: 172.55 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%