Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Hunting for Leatherman on the coast

us Offline Accujohn

• No Life Club
on: November 20, 2011, 12:38:59 AM
Headed out to the Oregon coast for the weekend. Love to hit the shops for used treasures or whatever. Heck thats where I found the 1984 PST I just sold here. Not so much this time. But my sense of humor has improved:

First contact: my wife couldnt stay away from the fing outlet mall... Enter Eddie Bauer. They had something that seemed awful similar to a Gerber for $17. From China. Nope.

Second contact: the chinese as seen on TV store. Mtech multitool with spring loaded pliers. I bought it for the actual Spring in the plier :) photo to come :)

More to come: Leatherman...

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Re: Hunting for Leatherman on the coast
Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 01:41:33 AM
Headed out to the Oregon coast for the weekend. Love to hit the shops for used treasures or whatever. Heck thats where I found the 1984 PST I just sold here. Not so much this time. But my sense of humor has improved:

First contact: my wife couldnt stay away from the fing outlet mall... Enter Eddie Bauer. They had something that seemed awful similar to a Gerber for $17. From China. Nope.

Second contact: the chinese as seen on TV store. Mtech multitool with spring loaded pliers. I bought it for the actual Spring in the plier :) photo to come :)

More to come: Leatherman...

HMMM......... Very interested.  :)
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Accujohn

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 02:22:07 AM
Anyway, I had never bought a Chinese multi tool but since it had the slinky spring in the plier jaws, and is proudly labled "USA DESIGN, Handcrafted in China" I had to fork it out. I'll elaborate in another thread.

Third contact: a Gerber MP400 or something that had been loved way too much for $35. in a pawn type shop.

Lastly, I found a Leatherman at the same place I think I found the 1984 PST. Nothing spectacular but certainly unusual... a 04/97 Micra with USA on the scissor pivot. Completely unused MINT. I actually had missed my Micra from many moons ago and had my eyes pealed for one. So, I was pretty happy I didn't come up too dry. Leatherman was mostly what I was looking for (and Gerber secondly, or anything vintage)

I did see a couple oddball Solingen multi tools, one name Bonsa with nice attachments (exchanger saw, etc). They had it as WWI but looked closer to WWII to me. And it was $95 which seemed high :)

Anyway, loved finding a 1997 mint USA Micra. That's all I got so far. 1 or 2 places tomorrow on the way out. Here's that wierd slinky spring loaded plier. I'll post the Micra after I take pictures :)
DSCN3475.jpg
* DSCN3475.jpg (Filesize: 63.64 KB)
DSCN3480.jpg
* DSCN3480.jpg (Filesize: 86.85 KB)

us Offline Accujohn

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 02:23:59 AM
Micra photos to come...

us Offline Accujohn

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 06:09:16 AM
here's a photo of the 97 Micra
DSCN3481.jpg
* DSCN3481.jpg (Filesize: 77.41 KB)

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 06:14:46 AM
I think you just made me carry my Micra tomorrow.  :D
I'm the milk man!

us Offline The Copilot

Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 07:43:10 PM
Glad to hear you had a good trip, and the USA Micra is a bonus find!  Those are getting tougher to find these days.

us Offline Accujohn

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: November 20, 2011, 08:28:23 PM
Yeah, not going to hit any places on the way out, unless they beckon me :)......... Or if they have an animatronic Leatherman on the roof
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 08:31:03 PM by Accujohn »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD