Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

A "Nice" Surprise

us Offline ColoSwiss

• Absolutely No Life Club
A "Nice" Surprise
on: November 29, 2011, 01:58:37 AM
Recently won an old large Wenger on ebay. Notice in the photo below how the main blade is accidentally cut off. No accident; turns out the tip is broken off. The ad says no refunds, but I emailed the seller about one anyway. We'll see what happens.

Karl

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260896236572?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_1289

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Re: A "Nice" Surprise
Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 03:31:41 AM
Recently won an old large Wenger on ebay. Notice in the photo below how the main blade is accidentally cut off. No accident; turns out the tip is broken off.

I hope you rated appropriately. This is why if I can't see the tip, I don't bid.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline ColoSwiss

Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 05:44:46 AM
Worked out very well. Apologies, a full refund and keep the knife. Very decent to do business with.

As mentioned, the knife has a broken tip on the main blade. Its not a collectible piece and I don't need another user. If someone wants it to rework or for parts its yours. First person to message me with their address gets an early Christmas gift.

Karl

ca Offline pthycrpg

• Tourist Season in the Alps
Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 08:42:19 AM
I have to give the seller credit for "writing" a correct  explanation. {{This multi-tool knife comes with 2 inch blade}}  They just failed to include the tip was broken.  BUT the size was correct. ::) ::) ::) ::)

AND he did include a picture of himself. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Soft-Latex-Skull-Mask-/260901456054?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbef048b6
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 08:46:26 AM by pthycrpg »

us Offline ColoSwiss

Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 08:47:27 AM
Mark (farmman) from Britain was first off the block, so I'll send the knife to him later this week.

Karl

gb Offline Farmman

A "Nice" Surprise
Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 09:30:06 AM
Cool pm me your address too. I will find something suitable from my home city to send you as a token of thanks.

us Offline ColoSwiss

Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 10:19:12 PM
Appreciate the offer but no need. However if the next time you're in London and happen to be near Dover Street Market, you might pick up one of the special 91mm Vics they have with six tools but no main blade. Not sure what it's going for (probably pricey) but will pay for it with Paypal.

Your Wenger went out this morning. Hope you enjoy it.

Karl

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 10:28:37 PM
Appreciate the offer but no need. However if the next time you're in London and happen to be near Dover Street Market, you might pick up one of the special 91mm Vics they have with six tools but no main blade. Not sure what it's going for (probably pricey) but will pay for it with Paypal.

Karl

Need pictures; that sounds neat.

us Offline ColoSwiss

Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 01:14:54 AM

Karl

Need pictures; that sounds neat.

It's the one on the right.

Karl

http://www.highsnobiety.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Dover-Street-Market-x-Victorinox-Swiss-Army-Knives-02.jpg

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 01:18:01 AM
Wow, that'd be a nice SAK to have. o.o

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 08:04:40 AM
Oh I want one!
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

us Offline ColoSwiss

Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 06:27:46 PM
Mark (farmman) called Dover Street Market (thanks again Mark) and found the knife is no longer available. Still, something SAKaholics in the UK can keep an eye out for.

Karl

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD