Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Got Paracord?

Splat · 2375 · 317526

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Got Paracord?
Reply #1890 on: October 14, 2016, 04:54:40 PM
Black oxide Schmuckatelli Joe Skull between two crown and diamond knots

I can't see the pic.   :(

Fixed - Sorry about that  :)
(Image removed from quote.)

Nice work mate.   :tu:   :tu:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #1891 on: October 14, 2016, 04:58:46 PM
You forgot something, z...

:nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance:

It's the new banana page dance! The page new banana dance! The new dance banana page! The thing where we have bananas dancing on a post...

:cheers:
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 05:00:22 PM by pfrsantos »

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1892 on: October 14, 2016, 05:14:08 PM
Yeah nar I didn't forget, just not posting them anymore.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1893 on: October 14, 2016, 06:04:44 PM

WHAT?!

Show content

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1894 on: October 14, 2016, 06:16:01 PM

WHAT?!

Show content

Nobody knows me.

us Offline Noa Isumi

• No Life Club
Reply #1895 on: October 18, 2016, 09:29:23 AM
I know Ive shown my primary lanyard in other threads, and that this thread is mainly for self braided work but....
After 5yrs of carrying my own 20in french braid I lanyard wanted something less bulky in the pocket. I tried some diffrent knots I found here and on YouTube and didnt like how anything carried.
Then I won a CRKT Quick-Release bracelet in the Battleship game and saw it was made with a simple finger crochet knot I learned as a kid. So off I went digging in ammo cans to make a new lanyard. Except I made it way too long so it is still too bulky (see my SuperStack thread). Back to my old one.
That was a month ago and stupid me I had a good lanyard all along; that bracelet.
It isnt bulky. I dont have to undo the Sbener clip to use my knife. And I can wear it 3 ways: wraped around belt or loop and fastened to solidly attach to me; loose tucked in pocket like a fob; or I can pass the coin buckle between belt and waistband where it turns and anchors itself so my knife is attached yet easy to detach.

Edit w pic
Forgot to mention that I also tried making a belt loop with one of the octopus  OPT bike tools as a dangler when I realised the CRKT coin fit the OPT's bottle opener slot perfectly as a male & female conector. I scraped that idea because it rattled too much. I ended up with the octopus on my key holder as in the pic.
1476775636259-717440225.jpg
* 1476775636259-717440225.jpg (Filesize: 287.09 KB)
1476775702715-534273748.jpg
* 1476775702715-534273748.jpg (Filesize: 223.03 KB)
147677573878121308314.jpg
* 147677573878121308314.jpg (Filesize: 287.87 KB)
1476777687942508643765.jpg
* 1476777687942508643765.jpg (Filesize: 235.92 KB)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 10:01:56 AM by Noa Isumi »
I used to be a lot of things, and someday will again.
But for now I'm just a lost jack of trades with neither mastery nor home. ~NoaIsumi

us Offline TonySal

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • join The American Legion Family - since 1919
Reply #1896 on: October 19, 2016, 06:09:51 AM
I know Ive shown my primary lanyard in other threads, and that this thread is mainly for self braided work but....
After 5yrs of carrying my own 20in french braid I lanyard wanted something less bulky in the pocket. I tried some diffrent knots I found here and on YouTube and didnt like how anything carried.
Then I won a CRKT Quick-Release bracelet in the Battleship game and saw it was made with a simple finger crochet knot I learned as a kid. So off I went digging in ammo cans to make a new lanyard. Except I made it way too long so it is still too bulky (see my SuperStack thread). Back to my old one.
That was a month ago and stupid me I had a good lanyard all along; that bracelet.
It isnt bulky. I dont have to undo the Sbener clip to use my knife. And I can wear it 3 ways: wraped around belt or loop and fastened to solidly attach to me; loose tucked in pocket like a fob; or I can pass the coin buckle between belt and waistband where it turns and anchors itself so my knife is attached yet easy to detach.

Edit w pic
Forgot to mention that I also tried making a belt loop with one of the octopus  OPT bike tools as a dangler when I realised the CRKT coin fit the OPT's bottle opener slot perfectly as a male & female conector. I scraped that idea because it rattled too much. I ended up with the octopus on my key holder as in the pic.
Long ones - but Very nice!
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #1897 on: November 04, 2016, 05:09:48 AM
Threw something together for the little guys to play with, I'll hang them in the cage tomorrow..
JR
IMG_4999.PNG
* IMG_4999.PNG (Filesize: 194.13 KB)
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #1898 on: November 07, 2016, 09:29:41 PM
  I've got a recumbent trike and the seat has a frame. Over the frame is a nylon material that sort of works but I was thinking... is there a weave I can learn to make the seat better?

Was going to just lace back and forth, up and under, but though that wouldn't be of much help probably. So... though of this page with all you experts out there and thought perhaps you might have a weave or two up your sleeves. I'll put the nylon cover back over the top though it lacks what I'm hoping a paracord weave could do.

Other fellas on the TerraTrike Forum said to use pool noodles cut in half and stuff in there. Pffft. Think a flat weave material would do far better then pool noodles, but then why not paracord? :D
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

us Offline Stormdrane

• No Life Club
  • Be Prepared
Reply #1899 on: November 08, 2016, 01:18:19 AM
  I've got a recumbent trike and the seat has a frame. Over the frame is a nylon material that sort of works but I was thinking... is there a weave I can learn to make the seat better?

Was going to just lace back and forth, up and under, but though that wouldn't be of much help probably. So... though of this page with all you experts out there and thought perhaps you might have a weave or two up your sleeves. I'll put the nylon cover back over the top though it lacks what I'm hoping a paracord weave could do.

Other fellas on the TerraTrike Forum said to use pool noodles cut in half and stuff in there. Pffft. Think a flat weave material would do far better then pool noodles, but then why not paracord? :D
Perhaps some crochet pattern might work, with 550 or one of the smaller variations of paracord...

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #1900 on: December 24, 2016, 08:59:18 PM
I had me a juice this morning and I thought the can was only can at the top and bottom, well I guess I was wrong, I took the label off then cut the top off, I was like this is cute, adrboy was like yeah, make a little pencil holder out of it! Then it hit me, why not wrap some paracord around it? Here's a pic, I haven't done anything yet, I just wanted to see what it would look like..
JR
IMG_5639.PNG
* IMG_5639.PNG (Filesize: 246.34 KB)
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #1901 on: December 24, 2016, 09:46:48 PM
Good idea JR   :tu:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #1902 on: December 24, 2016, 10:46:01 PM
Good idea JR   :tu:
Ty, had to have my juice! I just finished it, just took a hot glue gun and put a dot every inch or so and pulled the cord across it, the finished project looks no diff from the other pic. But I showed the little guy and asked if he wanted it, needless to say it ended up on his desk.. but I have five more so I'm not worried..
JR

I take that back, the yellow cord in the green kinda made a pattern,
JR
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 10:49:26 PM by MadPlumbarian »

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1903 on: December 25, 2016, 12:29:59 AM
Nice idea mate.  Also it's lovely when a simple thing like that can make your kids happy. :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Spork, Lord of Lime Jello!

• No Life Club
  • Benner fan club #003
Reply #1904 on: December 25, 2016, 05:29:34 AM
Mora dangler...the toggle goes through a "buttonhole" created with two Matthew Walker knots
toggle03.jpg
* toggle03.jpg (Filesize: 78.01 KB)
toggle04.jpg
* toggle04.jpg (Filesize: 88.32 KB)
toggle05.jpg
* toggle05.jpg (Filesize: 86.92 KB)
toggle06.jpg
* toggle06.jpg (Filesize: 89.66 KB)

us Offline Spork, Lord of Lime Jello!

• No Life Club
  • Benner fan club #003
Reply #1905 on: December 25, 2016, 05:30:32 AM
Variation of the same using a firesteel...
toggle07.jpg
* toggle07.jpg (Filesize: 87.42 KB)
toggle08.jpg
* toggle08.jpg (Filesize: 91.57 KB)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #1906 on: January 08, 2017, 06:53:43 AM
Ok, I got my bookmark and they gave you this little piece of silk, I was like seriously? This book is about survival, silk? So I took a piece of a unique paracord, put a diamond knot on and frayed the end to give it that tassel effect, and the paracord is black with a little red, so it totally matched!!
JR
IMG_5750.JPG
* IMG_5750.JPG (Filesize: 327.37 KB)
IMG_5751.JPG
* IMG_5751.JPG (Filesize: 338.69 KB)

us Offline Ashley

• AKA Knife Crazied
Reply #1907 on: April 22, 2017, 03:05:06 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gb Offline nicolaeb

• Stay sharp
Reply #1908 on: April 22, 2017, 08:18:18 AM
That's how I distressed myself on board of ships .There are old pictures from my last years. Enjoy

Trimis de pe al meu SM-A310F folosind Tapatalk

gb Offline nicolaeb

• Stay sharp
Reply #1909 on: April 22, 2017, 08:24:28 AM
Couple of years back one of my mate from the boat lost his mora sheath and I made it for him one from rope - notice the brush handle that he added on hid knife , he got bulkie hands lol

gb Offline nicolaeb

• Stay sharp
Reply #1910 on: April 22, 2017, 10:16:12 AM
Couple of years back one of my mate from the boat lost his mora sheath and I made it for him one from rope - notice the brush handle that he added on hid knife , he got bulkie hands lol(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Am yeah , I forgot to mention that I made a rope mat as well for outside door on dirty mess cabin.Good memories, great times, owesom crew

us Offline TonySal

Reply #1911 on: April 27, 2017, 02:30:57 AM
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #1912 on: April 27, 2017, 03:43:27 AM
I got a stool the other day and fig it could use a little touch up, that and a little butt cushion. So I had a couple pieces of cheap imitation mountain climbing rope, so I took the small piece and just spun it to see what size it would come out to, while like that it was a little small and I did a turks and it was just not right, the over passes were so thick it would just be uncomfortable, so I asked the knot god himself(Stormdrane) for a few tips, and one was to remove the inner core. So I figured since removing it would make it a tad longer that I would make it into a pattern to just see if it was long enough. Well it came out a little small so I figured I could put it into a diff pattern which I wanted to put it in for the backrest, and low and behold I just finished it so here's a few pics, I have the longer piece for the bottom piece but I'm calling it a night! So tomorrow I'll be making that 3rd one into a larger piece..
JR
IMG_6818.PNG
* IMG_6818.PNG (Filesize: 148.41 KB)
IMG_6817.PNG
* IMG_6817.PNG (Filesize: 310.99 KB)
IMG_6816.PNG
* IMG_6816.PNG (Filesize: 341.06 KB)
IMG_6815.PNG
* IMG_6815.PNG (Filesize: 305.54 KB)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 03:45:12 AM by MadPlumbarian »

gb Offline nicolaeb

• Stay sharp
Reply #1913 on: April 27, 2017, 03:49:12 AM
I got a stool the other day and fig it could use a little touch up, that and a little butt cushion. So I had a couple pieces of cheap imitation mountain climbing rope, so I took the small piece and just spun it to see what size it would come out to, while like that it was a little small and I did a turks and it was just not right, the over passes were so thick it would just be uncomfortable, so I asked the knot god himself(Stormdrane) for a few tips, and one was to remove the inner core. So I figured since removing it would make it a tad longer that I would make it into a pattern to just see if it was long enough. Well it came out a little small so I figured I could put it into a diff pattern which I wanted to put it in for the backrest, and low and behold I just finished it so here's a few pics, I have the longer piece for the bottom piece but I'm calling it a night! So tomorrow I'll be making that 3rd one into a larger piece..
JR
Now that's lovely mate and the paracord color it's lush

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #1914 on: April 27, 2017, 03:57:03 AM
JR
Now that's lovely mate and the paracord color it's lush

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
Thanks, I bought that some like 9yrs ago and it's been sitting in the basement for like 4yrs, so I fig it would be cool to make into something..
JR

us Offline TonySal

Reply #1915 on: April 27, 2017, 04:19:23 AM
JR
Cool!   An old lab stool!
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #1916 on: April 27, 2017, 04:52:16 AM
JR
Cool!   An old lab stool!
That it is, I used to have one of the square ones back in the day, and I needed a stool to go with the workstation and I almost got one of those newer bar styles with the hand grip through the top but the wife said maybe you should get something with a backrest, so I went with what you see, they didn't have my old square ones, plus this was a little smaller..
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #1917 on: April 27, 2017, 11:23:18 PM
I got some time to putts around, but then had to do things, then eat, so I just might get to finishing this, but here's a pic of the larger one at two passes.
JR
IMG_6830.PNG
* IMG_6830.PNG (Filesize: 333.66 KB)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #1918 on: April 28, 2017, 02:10:44 AM
Ok, I'm done..
Made a few more passes then tightened it up and made a final pass to make it a little bigger, then glued the under half to make sure it wouldn't come undone! Then with the glue gun out I laid the chair down and put on only a couple passes on the back half to make sure that would stay put but not ever come off, the bottom half I just laid there, cause that's wood and the glue would rip it off, but I think it turned out kinda cute, what do you think?
JR
IMG_6835.PNG
* IMG_6835.PNG (Filesize: 376.02 KB)
IMG_6833.PNG
* IMG_6833.PNG (Filesize: 252.52 KB)

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1919 on: April 28, 2017, 01:10:57 PM
Ok, I'm done..
Made a few more passes then tightened it up and made a final pass to make it a little bigger, then glued the under half to make sure it wouldn't come undone! Then with the glue gun out I laid the chair down and put on only a couple passes on the back half to make sure that would stay put but not ever come off, the bottom half I just laid there, cause that's wood and the glue would rip it off, but I think it turned out kinda cute, what do you think?
JR

Sooo... your stool just turned purple?...

Show content
You should see a doctor...

:whistle:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD