Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

In isolation at home right now

Zephon · 51 · 1641

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: In isolation at home right now
Reply #30 on: January 10, 2022, 03:01:57 PM
I'm sorry to hear your son may be sick too.  That has got to be the only saving grace of not having a family- I've got no kids to give it to if I get sick.

Still, not getting Megan sick is my biggest motivator to stay healthy myself.

I hope your son is okay!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ph Offline Zephon

Reply #31 on: January 10, 2022, 03:25:13 PM
Thanks for the kind words, everyone  :hatsoff:

My 14yr old and I are calling it a day (in isolation).  Fever hasn’t gone up though he’s gonna be trying to sleep tonight with a clogged nose from colds. Oh, and muscle pain like what you have during a flu.

I’m glad both our kids are vaccinated completely. This was the last thing I was thinking that would happen in January.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #32 on: January 10, 2022, 03:59:15 PM
Hoping you both recover soon and no one else will feel sick.  We are concerned at the rate of infections here for everyone.  Having the vaccine gave everyone a sense of safety.  While being vaccinated does for the most part keep those from getting very ill we've all got to continue to be vigilant. 

Boosters given today at my partners sons school.  We'll see if any are left when we're able to get there.  He'll get his today which is good. 
Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline MichaelGT83

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: January 10, 2022, 07:58:21 PM
You have my sympathy and empathy, Zephon. I'm currently isolating after testing positive for the second time. :ahhh I got a positive result on a lateral flow test last Wednesday (I have to test twice a week for work) and took a PCR test the day after. Which I've only just got the result from. ::)

I felt like I had a cold for a few days, but I feel a lot better now. I certainly feel better than I did when I got my first dose of the plague. And I've managed, so far, to avoid passing it to the parents as well. Technically I'm in isolation until Sunday, but if I get a negative result tomorrow and Wednesday on lateral flows I can come out early. Here's hoping...

Hope you and your son are better soon.
We have the tools, we have the talent!

ph Offline Zephon

Reply #34 on: January 11, 2022, 07:40:38 AM
Thanks guys!

My wife and 2 kids got swabbed for PCR a couple of hours ago. Due to the volume of tests, the doctor set our expectations that we won’t be getting the results anytime soon. He also set expectations that my 12yr old and my wife will be lucky if they do not get it, as the common scenario of households is that everyone eventually gets it.

My eldest joined me yesterday here so today is now quarantine day 1 of 10. 10 coz he isn’t asymptomatic. Would have been 5 if we were.

Hope you recover soon, Michael! 

ph Offline Zephon

Reply #35 on: January 11, 2022, 02:35:16 PM
We've got two kids much the same age and our place is small so if one gets it we'll probably all get it.   :dwts:

Looks like worst case scenario came true. I’m here in isolation with the 14yr old. During dinner, the youngest/12yr old complained about feeling warm. Now he’s got body pains. :facepalm:

Technically, he’s asymptomatic. Company nurse said not to mix him with his bro who is at the height of his cough and colds.  So basically he has to sleep separate, and my wife who’s been taking care of us has to sleep on the couch but has to watch over the 12yr old now.

Edit: PCR results are out. Both kids are positive. Wife is negative. Ouch. We didn’t expect that.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 02:42:14 PM by Zephon »

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #36 on: January 11, 2022, 04:12:53 PM
Sorry to hear that man.  Your job now changes from not getting everyone sick to looking after them when they do, and at least you get to spend time with them now.

Time to enjoy some classic movies together- may I recommend Cannonball Run for some good fun?  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #37 on: January 11, 2022, 05:28:25 PM
Sorry to hear this.  Hopefully they will have a fast bout of feeling ill then on to recovery.  Hope your wife will not get sick at all. 
Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline MichaelGT83

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: January 11, 2022, 07:09:15 PM
Hope you recover soon, Michael! 

Thankfully I tested negative today, so one more tomorrow and I'm out of isolation. Symptoms have pretty much dropped off and I feel fine. A huge contrast to the last time...

Looks like worst case scenario came true. I’m here in isolation with the 14yr old. During dinner, the youngest/12yr old complained about feeling warm. Now he’s got body pains. :facepalm:

Technically, he’s asymptomatic. Company nurse said not to mix him with his bro who is at the height of his cough and colds.  So basically he has to sleep separate, and my wife who’s been taking care of us has to sleep on the couch but has to watch over the 12yr old now.

Edit: PCR results are out. Both kids are positive. Wife is negative. Ouch. We didn’t expect that.

Ah, that's not good.  :( Fingers crossed everyone feels better soon.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #39 on: January 11, 2022, 07:31:05 PM
Gah, that is pretty rough. Kia kaha.

ph Offline Zephon

Reply #40 on: January 12, 2022, 09:38:35 AM
Sorry to hear that man.  Your job now changes from not getting everyone sick to looking after them when they do, and at least you get to spend time with them now.

Time to enjoy some classic movies together- may I recommend Cannonball Run for some good fun?  :D

Def

Wish that were the case, Grant. Right now it’s my loving wife who’s taking care of all of us.  The asymptomatic one is with her. The eldest with cough n colds is my ward up here with me.

I am honestly starting to miss our Korean Drama & Korean Variety Show nights. It’s not the same when there’s little ‘audience reaction’ around.

Stay safe everyone!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #41 on: January 12, 2022, 12:07:11 PM
I don't know if there is any way to get it there, but there's a Canadian show called Kim's Convenience, about a Korean family running a convenience store in Toronto that is quite hilarious.

You may recognize Simu Liu (Shang Chi from Marvel) and Paul Sun-Hyung Lee (Blue from Mandalorian) in it.

Def

ph Offline Zephon

Reply #42 on: January 13, 2022, 08:25:25 AM
Thursday Jan 13. I think it’s already been a week since this whole thing started.  Went to drugstore on Thursday and got hammered by flu on Friday and tested positive on Saturday. I think that’s how it went….

Anyway, word in the news has it that quarantine days are being reduced (from 10 to 7), for better or worse.

That means by next week, everyone should be up and about already!

Gawd there’s gonna be a ton of laundry and stuff to disinfect then  :gimme:

……then there’s the leaking flush tank in the half bath in the 4th floor….possible source of seepage in the concrete awning outside the roof deck….  :whistle:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #43 on: January 13, 2022, 11:28:51 AM
Everyone thinks a house is a static object until they buy one, and find out the hard way that it is a complex machine with many independent components that all have to work together..... or else!

At least in the flush tank it's probably a pretty clean job, as opposed to a problem lower down!

Good luck with all of that man!  Despite the impending dread of plumbing repair, how are you feeling?

Def

nz Offline Syncop8r

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #44 on: January 14, 2022, 12:14:27 AM
Everyone thinks a house is a static object until they buy one, and find out the hard way that it is a complex machine with many independent components that all have to work together..... or else!

Many houses need instructions eg: some aluminium window manufactureres recommend washing the frames twice a year, some metal roofing manufacturers recommend washing their cladding once a year, etc.

I have actually seen a comprehensive instruction book for a property with details on where the water pipes go in the garden, how the pump works, who they get to mow the paddock with his tractor, etc. Very useful. :tu:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #45 on: January 14, 2022, 12:56:00 AM
That certainly would be nice.  I was given a set of keys and that was it.  Not even a description of what keys went where.   :facepalm:

Def

ph Offline Zephon

Reply #46 on: January 14, 2022, 02:29:39 AM

At least in the flush tank it's probably a pretty clean job, as opposed to a problem lower down!

Good luck with all of that man!  Despite the impending dread of plumbing repair, how are you feeling?

Def

Hi Grant, I’m feeling a lot better now. Enough to think about breaking quarantine (am on day 7 anyway) to be able to help a little downstairs coz it’s my wife and 12yr old’s turn to have a bad cold, but no fever. I think it’s the next stage after the fever is the cough and colds that follow. I honestly think it’s the most contagious part of Omicron or any flu for that matter. The fever you keep in you. The colds and cough you sneeze and cough out into the air.

I agree about the house.  Just last night I found a puddle under the closet under the sink here that soaked the toothpaste boxes. Added to the work next week would be emptying the said closet to see where leak is coming from.

2022 is more and more becoming like twenty twenty, too! :ahh:

among the ‘out of stock’ items out there are fever meds (Paracetamol), colds meds (anything with Phenylphrene) and possibly even cough meds (carbocistine or ambroxol). It’s NUTS out there!  Home test kids are also out of stock.

In the picture: the only EDC that matters today.  (Yeah, there’s also the thermometer and oximeter but these get used every minute).

ph Offline Zephon

Reply #47 on: January 15, 2022, 04:01:58 AM
I’m breaking quarantine/isolation today - to be able to help running the house at the least.  We still segregate symptomatic and those with cough n colds just to be sure the virus doesn’t ping-pong back to those feeling better already.

Since I could go down already, this allowed me to pick up a post-quarantine gift from a friend halfway around the globe! 

Despite all happy thoughts of everyone on the slow road to recovery, I’m still kicking myself for letting this virus into our household.  The truth is that this will haunt me for some time, especially in the future when we travel and face the question ‘have you had Covid before?’

gb Offline MichaelGT83

• No Life Club
Reply #48 on: January 15, 2022, 10:56:36 PM
I wouldn't worry too much. I've tried to pinpoint where I picked it up from, but I could drive myself mad overthinking it. This latest variant is that widespread you could pick it up from something so innocuous. Don't beat yourself up about it.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #49 on: January 15, 2022, 11:11:37 PM
I doubt too much future travel will be affected by COVID- I am pretty sure we are all going to get it sooner or later, it's just a matter of when.  If they start to exclude people that have had it, then there will be only a very small number of people allowed to go anywhere!   :ahhh

Def

us Offline Fireman

• No Life Club
  • Truck Monkey
Reply #50 on: January 16, 2022, 11:14:53 AM
I’m still kicking myself for letting this virus into our household.

I would recommend you don't beat yourself up over that.  If you made it this far in the pandemic before exposure, you've done very well.  If everyone is OK, you've done even better. 

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%