Multitool.org

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What's your latest flashlight? 180406

Wielder of the Bow of Banishment. Admin Team Point Of No Return Posts: 31,881 El Presidente del Fan Club Micky D
Re: What's your latest flashlight?
« Reply #2700 on: June 30, 2020, 04:38:16 PM »
Got in a Nitecore Tiki today.  First impressions are very good.

https://flashlight.nitecore.com/product/tiki

Try not to be the person who blunders around and causes everyone else to get out the way.  Everyone else thinks you're a utter...
Hero Member Posts: 652
« Reply #2701 on: July 06, 2020, 06:11:52 AM »
Olight PL Pro Valkyrie in Desert Tan and Olight S2R Baton II. Cant wait!
New User Posts: 2
« Reply #2702 on: July 13, 2020, 06:45:56 PM »
I received an olight i5t Eos yesterday. So far so good. I normally like my torches with AAA batteries, but time will tell. Was actually looking the i3t but got too good a deal on the i5t.
Hero Member Posts: 500 Outdoorsy type and over-opinionated buffoon
« Reply #2703 on: July 24, 2020, 02:42:05 PM »
I just received a Nitecore LR12.  A much appreciated gift from my daughter, this is a really good flashlight. 

It has four light settings from "just about enough to see in really dark conditions" (58 lumens) and then rising in increments to "wow it's daylight in here" (1000 lumens).  Runs on CR123 batteries and also on 18650 rechargeables. 

It works well as a flashlight, but also has a wind out diffuser to use as a tent light or for power outs etc.

Positives:  Light, fairly compact, and a whopping 1000 lumens if you need it. Wind out diffuser for blackouts etc.  It is the big brother of the Nitecore LA10 which is a superb tent light / electronic candle so has the magnetic base and proven robust build quality of that model.

Downsides: Smooth barrel, so ideally needs the lanyard (supplied).  Base tightening for switch rather than push button, so does need two hands to turn on/off & adjust (I'm happy with this arrangement but I know some folks prefer a traditional on/off switch).  Diffuser not as good as on LA10, but works better as a flashlight.

Overall: I'm very pleased with the build quality and compact nature of this flashlight  :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
August Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: $60.00
PayPal Fees: $3.14
Net Balance: $56.86
Below Goal: $243.14
Site Currency: USD
19%