Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What's your latest flashlight? 185746

Zombie Apprentice Posts: 19,460 Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Re: What's your latest flashlight?
« Reply #2730 on: September 06, 2020, 01:02:16 AM »
A NEBO PaL +.

3 functions on tap.

1. 400 lumen flashlight with strobe and variable power from 40 lumen up to 400 lumen. Press the button once to power up the flashlight. Double tap it to get the strobe. Hold the button down and the light will dim and get brighter...with a blink at both the lowest and highest end. Simply release the button at the desired light level.

2. A built in 3 inch knife that is also easily removed for those countries where having a liner locked blade is undesirable.

3. A power bank.

The flashlight uses rechargeable batteries. When plugged in, the flashlight will flash red to indicate charging at the charging port. When the red led is constant, then you are fully charged. To use the flashlight as a charging device, insert the USB cable in the flashlight, and the other end into the device you need to re-charge. When using it for this purpose, the tail red indicator light will change to blue.

DSCN0831A by Chako, on Flickr

The blade is of good size and also features both a plain and serrated edge.

DSCN0837A by Chako, on Flickr

The end cap pulls off and gives you access to the charging port and the USB port to use the device as an emergency charging device.

DSCN0838A by Chako, on Flickr

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles
No Life Club Posts: 1,581 4x4 since '74
« Reply #2731 on: September 22, 2020, 05:22:06 AM »
My latest flashlight is a Streamlight ProTac 90.  It is shown next to 2 Energizer right angle lights.  All of them can be powered by a single AA battery, but the ProTac 90 can be powered with either an AA, AAA, or CR123 battery.

Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass
Admin Team Point Of No Return Posts: 32,710
« Reply #2732 on: September 22, 2020, 02:22:36 PM »
My latest flashlight is a Streamlight ProTac 90.  It is shown next to 2 Energizer right angle lights.  All of them can be powered by a single AA battery, but the ProTac 90 can be powered with either an AA, AAA, or CR123 battery.

(Image removed from quote.)

I picket up the middle Energizer for my father-in-law.  An excellent light for those who don't require multiple modes etc.

Try not to be the person who blunders around and causes everyone else to get out the way.  Everyone else thinks you're a utter...
Full Member Posts: 149
« Reply #2733 on: September 22, 2020, 02:28:22 PM »
I love the Protac 1l-1aa lights! So many batteries that they can take. Not just the ones that you listed but the Lithium ion version of them as well so the 16350, 14500, and 10440.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

No Life Club Posts: 1,581 4x4 since '74
« Reply #2734 on: September 22, 2020, 09:21:20 PM »
I picket up the middle Energizer for my father-in-law.  An excellent light for those who don't require multiple modes etc.

Yes, that Energizer Hardcase light is so handy.  The rubber-like case is rugged and the magnets in the pocket clip make it easy to affix to steel surfaces.  The beam is a very broad flood compared to the Streamlight ProTac 90 which has much less spill and more throw.  Amazon has temporarily reduced the price of that Hardcase light to about $10 (US).

Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 19,376 Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
« Reply #2735 on: September 23, 2020, 06:42:03 PM »
A NEBO PaL +.

3 functions on tap.

1. 400 lumen flashlight with strobe and variable power from 40 lumen up to 400 lumen. Press the button once to power up the flashlight. Double tap it to get the strobe. Hold the button down and the light will dim and get brighter...with a blink at both the lowest and highest end. Simply release the button at the desired light level.

2. A built in 3 inch knife that is also easily removed for those countries where having a liner locked blade is undesirable.

3. A power bank.

The flashlight uses rechargeable batteries. When plugged in, the flashlight will flash red to indicate charging at the charging port. When the red led is constant, then you are fully charged. To use the flashlight as a charging device, insert the USB cable in the flashlight, and the other end into the device you need to re-charge. When using it for this purpose, the tail red indicator light will change to blue.

The end cap pulls off and gives you access to the charging port and the USB port to use the device as an emergency charging device.

That looks quite handy.

:tu: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

No Life Club Posts: 2,210 This isn't me, but I'm just as dysfunctional
« Reply #2736 on: October 07, 2020, 06:21:31 PM »
Fenix TK11 Tac.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
No Life Club Posts: 4,646
« Reply #2737 on: October 07, 2020, 08:36:52 PM »
A NEBO PaL +.

3 functions on tap.

3. A power bank.

I think I'm gonna buy one of those to keep in my truck as a backup tool. I already have a good knife and light in there, but I am a walking example of Murphy's Law.
Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 29,483 Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
« Reply #2738 on: October 09, 2020, 06:11:44 PM »
Does a hat count?
I’ve had this one for a while but just never put it to use, my other hat had all my patches and pins on it and I kinda got tired of every once and a while getting bumped on the head and one of the pins poking me, so I said I want a hat that only has patches and preferably only the pvc ones, but I also said how about we make this even better and go with one of those lighted hats?
Was a pain to stitch up the Velcro for the patches but it’s getting there, still have some room for more patches, there just hard to find in pvc, the only ones that are not pvc are my JR and MadPlumbarian on the back, cause well I’m not ordering a min of like 50 each! I also made a unique patch which is nothing but two pieces of Velcro, both ends folded, yet the one end stitched shut along with the sides while the other is left open, it goes right where a normal patch would go, then you’d put a patch right on it, yeah it sticks out a very little but you’d really never know, but, you could put a few bills or a spare key in it and it wouldn’t show!
As far as the light, it has 4led, 2 that kinda point down and 2 that kinda point a little more forward, they run on 4 watch size batteries and if you order them in bulk pretty cheap, just don’t order them from the manufacture! Here’s a few pics the one of us walking it was one spot pitch black and we couldn’t see the sidewalk, so I used the light, and it lit it up!
JR

"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Water Closet and explode in the Commode, I think with my Head, that my flush will always beat John’s or Jerry’s pair! But Jack’s ran for the Reading Room and tripped on a Can and bowed to the Porcelain God!
Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 29,483 Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
« Reply #2739 on: October 09, 2020, 06:16:28 PM »
Guess I couldn’t post the others?
JR

"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Water Closet and explode in the Commode, I think with my Head, that my flush will always beat John’s or Jerry’s pair! But Jack’s ran for the Reading Room and tripped on a Can and bowed to the Porcelain God!
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 5,843
« Reply #2740 on: November 05, 2020, 05:30:57 AM »
The new Jetbeam Mini 1 rechargeable

I had been looking at a couple other similar flashlights, but when I saw this one, I decided to try it out.  I’m hoping it will make a nice keychain light, which it should, as long as the side button doesn’t accidentally turn on.

http://www.jetbeamlight.com/products_show315.html
No Life Club Posts: 1,026
« Reply #2741 on: November 16, 2020, 03:24:55 PM »
Ledlenser P3

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Global Moderator Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 23,666
« Reply #2742 on: November 16, 2020, 05:28:59 PM »
The light hat is pretty cool MadP. 

Nice lights Sos and marko.  Been running a Photon X on me keyring for a good long while.  I almost bought the many different keychain lights that came out since but nothing tempted me beyond  :drool:.  Accidental on is never a good thing for a light that will mingle with keys and car fobs.  I hope yours will remain off and only turn on when activated. 

Esse Quam Videri
No Life Club Posts: 1,026
« Reply #2743 on: November 16, 2020, 07:20:54 PM »
The light hat is pretty cool MadP. 

Nice lights Sos and marko.  Been running a Photon X on me keyring for a good long while.  I almost bought the many different keychain lights that came out since but nothing tempted me beyond  :drool:.  Accidental on is never a good thing for a light that will mingle with keys and car fobs.  I hope yours will remain off and only turn on when activated.
Thank you

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

No Life Club Posts: 1,219
« Reply #2744 on: November 16, 2020, 08:47:12 PM »
Today I had a couple of fenix E01 v2 keychain torches arrive and they look top banana for the money. :tu:

My trouble is i never show initiative, but that's only because no one has told me to.
Full Member Posts: 156
« Reply #2745 on: November 18, 2020, 08:03:47 PM »
Two recent AAAs. One is a very hot-rodded ToolVn Ti and the other is a Prometheus Beta Ti.
No Life Club Posts: 1,440
« Reply #2746 on: January 07, 2021, 07:40:26 PM »
latest is Wurkkos HD20 (on the right)

from left to right :
Manker e02II (not modded yet), Sofirn SP40 (18350) with DC-fix 'mod', Sofirn SP40 (18650) with LED swap : LH351D 4000K, Wurkkos HD20 (not modded, yet) 
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 07:50:19 PM by m47mu74nt »

No Life Club Posts: 3,035
« Reply #2747 on: January 17, 2021, 06:03:52 PM »
NEBO Poplight and Angle light AA.

I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 7,426
« Reply #2748 on: January 18, 2021, 02:19:53 AM »
Two recent AAAs. One is a very hot-rodded ToolVn Ti and the other is a Prometheus Beta Ti.

I love my old regular Tool Vn and saw he has a Ti one now. How do you like it so far? What options did you go with??

Leatherman:
Wave, Surge, Skeletool, PST I,  Squirt S4, Micra, Rebar,

Victorinox:
Explorer, Super Tinker, CyberTool, Yeoman, Champion Plus, Red Shield Syph Custom, Pioneer, Ranger, Workchamp, Classic, Vagabond, Swisschamp, OH GAK

Wenger:
Handyman, Pocket Tool Chest

Spyderco:
Southard, Dragonfly 2, Para Military 2, Native Tan, Sage 3, Endura, Delica, Manix 2, Military
New User Posts: 2
« Reply #2749 on: January 19, 2021, 09:30:09 AM »
Mine is SolarForce L2T.

Yours is great! I think mine is not bad too.
I own a multi-functional penlight which seems more like a "plus it's a pen" then a pen that does other stuff.
I want to share the pictures of my REMOVED Penlight but don't know how lol
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 10:12:02 AM by zoidberg »
Full Member Posts: 149
« Reply #2750 on: January 19, 2021, 02:01:31 PM »
NEBO Poplight and Angle light AA.
I just got my wife a Nebo poplite for Christmas. She loves it! Couldn't care two hoots for any of mine but she loves that thing!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

« Reply #2751 on: January 20, 2021, 01:23:32 AM »
I just got a used Oveready BOSS.
Global Moderator Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 20,578 I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
« Reply #2752 on: January 20, 2021, 01:47:01 AM »
I just got a used Oveready BOSS.

Never heard of it before but wow,whata flashlight :o

Congrats :tu:

Pictures and thoughts once you have had time to play with it a bit :pok:
Admin Team Point Of No Return Posts: 32,710
« Reply #2753 on: January 20, 2021, 01:49:41 AM »
Never heard of it before but wow,whata flashlight :o

Congrats :tu:

Pictures and thoughts once you have had time to play with it a bit :pok:
:iagree:

Try not to be the person who blunders around and causes everyone else to get out the way.  Everyone else thinks you're a utter...
« Reply #2754 on: January 20, 2021, 08:36:49 AM »
Here is a picture of it

I’ve heard a lot of great things about them but never seemed to catch them in stock on their site plus wasn’t sure I wanted to spend to get a new one.  I was happy when I found this one used in the configuration I wanted (Nichia w/red).

I am pretty happy with it so far, just from a night of using (playing with it).  It is lighter weight than I was expecting, but feels solid.  The beam and tint are nice.  I don’t have a meter to measure actual brightness/throw but in comparing to other lights I have it seems on par with their listed states.  The tail switch boot is a little swishing for my liking, but not a deal breaker. 
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 12,557
« Reply #2755 on: January 20, 2021, 08:50:38 AM »
Congrats Sherry, that's a stunner  :like:

Formerly known as MTMatt
Hero Member Posts: 551 Improvisational Engineer
« Reply #2756 on: January 20, 2021, 03:59:48 PM »

I’ve been carrying this MecArmy SGN3 for a couple of months now. 3 levels of white light with red and UV LEDs. It’s also USB rechargeable. Built like a tank.

-Todd

Every moment is an adventure. Are you equipped?
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 12,557
« Reply #2757 on: January 26, 2021, 02:51:50 PM »
Nice little light pipedreams  :tu:

Do you use the UV mode often?

Formerly known as MTMatt
Hero Member Posts: 551 Improvisational Engineer
« Reply #2758 on: January 27, 2021, 02:03:22 AM »
Nice little light pipedreams  :tu:

Do you use the UV mode often?
I use it fairly regularly to charge glow-in-the-dark items. I use the red light a lot.

-Todd

Every moment is an adventure. Are you equipped?
No Life Club Posts: 1,280
« Reply #2759 on: January 27, 2021, 06:57:33 AM »
Lumintop Tool AA 2.0

I like it a lot. Using a 14500 it is seriously bright  :)

Funny thing is when you using a 14500 the clicky glows blue but it doesn't when using a NIMH battery  :think:

I've only had it for a day but it will definitely enter the flashlight rotation.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $20.00
PayPal Fees: $1.34
Net Balance: $18.66
Below Goal: $281.34
Site Currency: USD
 6%