Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What's your latest flashlight?

edap617 · 3061 · 245339

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Re: What's your latest flashlight?
Reply #2790 on: April 04, 2021, 08:33:03 PM
Trust me they will always turn on in my pocket.
Do I sound like I have not tried every conceivable precaution?
Every one Every time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you so consistently turn on so many different UIs of flashlights? It sounds more like a common denominator issue.

I recall you saying the same thing about Olights, but your experience increasingly seems nonstandard.
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2791 on: April 04, 2021, 08:45:09 PM
I suppose it might depend on what else you carry in your pockets, or what type of trousers you wear even.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #2792 on: April 04, 2021, 09:10:20 PM
I always have way too much in my pockets for sure and that is just not compatible with a light without a mechanical lockout.
Every light with some press sequence lockout is not reliable for me.

I also have trouble with Remote Key Fobs and can not really carry this as well.

As long as I have a Twisty light I can not count on it staying off in my pockets.

Or a Zebra clipped tp the top of my pocket,no lockout at all but a decently recessed button floating above all of the pocket stuff and clipped with the button against the fabric.

• No Life Club
Reply #2793 on: April 04, 2021, 09:15:23 PM
It seems like consistent user error, I've never seen anyone have such a consistent issue with so many items. You might want to consider just changing how you carry. Belt carry is nice  :dunno:
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #2794 on: April 04, 2021, 10:42:15 PM
It seems like consistent user error, I've never seen anyone have such a consistent issue with so many items. You might want to consider just changing how you carry. Belt carry is nice  :dunno:
No big deal I just only carry lights that will not turn on in pocket,there are plenty!

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #2795 on: April 07, 2021, 09:26:18 AM
Jetbeam Mini one SE
DSC00330.JPG
* DSC00330.JPG (Filesize: 122.17 KB)
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #2796 on: April 08, 2021, 05:20:30 PM
Not had this long but its quickly become a firm favourite that has been in my pocket over the past few days.
Its not winning any lumen wars with a maximum output of 350 lumens, nor is it exactly small at 5 inches, and you cant charge the batteries in the torch.
so on paper it should not be what i reach for in the morning but i don't know why, i really like it.
Fenix e20v2
My trouble is i never show initiative, but that's only because no one has told me to.

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #2797 on: April 08, 2021, 07:19:21 PM
Not had this long but its quickly become a firm favourite that has been in my pocket over the past few days.
Its not winning any lumen wars with a maximum output of 350 lumens, nor is it exactly small at 5 inches, and you cant charge the batteries in the torch.
so on paper it should not be what i reach for in the morning but i don't know why, i really like it.
Fenix e20v2
(Image removed from quote.)
They make a solid light that you can count on which is more than can be said for others.

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #2798 on: April 08, 2021, 07:55:55 PM
They make a solid light that you can count on which is more than can be said for others.

I own a few fenix lights now, this and my E28r  are my current favourites. No fancy colours just good reliable lights and no proprietary batteries.
My trouble is i never show initiative, but that's only because no one has told me to.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2799 on: April 09, 2021, 01:11:00 AM
Fenix e20v2

It's been a long time since I carried a 2xAA but that still looks like a solid choice.  :)

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #2800 on: April 09, 2021, 01:47:14 AM

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #2801 on: April 09, 2021, 01:56:45 AM

Looks really good ezdog, I recently bought my first sofirn from Amazon and was so impressed I have ordered another from sofirn’s website which will probably take weeks to arrive from China. But for the value for money I can wait.

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #2802 on: April 10, 2021, 09:07:54 PM
It's been a long time since I carried a 2xAA but that still looks like a solid choice.  :)

Thanks, I used to carry a 2AA mini maglite for years in the 90s and the fenix e20 despite being quite long it is very slim so does not take up to much space in the pocket when using the pocket clip.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2803 on: April 11, 2021, 02:12:34 AM
Thanks, I used to carry a 2AA mini maglite for years in the 90s and the fenix e20 despite being quite long it is very slim so does not take up to much space in the pocket when using the pocket clip.

Slim is a thing I look for in a Pocket light as well.  :)

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2804 on: April 21, 2021, 01:46:19 AM
My Tiny Nugget arrived today

Offline MisterB

Reply #2805 on: April 22, 2021, 08:41:23 AM
I didn't need another light, but I got this anyway.  Manker E02 version 2, AAA, (accepts ni-mh, alkaline, or 10440), easy access to 6 possible moonlight levels, nice Nichia neutral emitter, reasonable user levels with a "turbo" mode just in case. 
Strobe hidden behind 3 clicks, lockout on 4.   Double click for turbo. 
E-switch is not recessed but doesn't sit as high some.   A tiny turn of the tailcap locks it out easily.   Good runtimes, lousy clip but I've seen worse. 
It is a great light for creeping around the house in the dark when you don't need a whole lot of light, the waffle lens works magic but I wouldn't mind an even wider hotspot.
(apologies ahead of time if the pic is giant or tiny, trying to figure out what looks best on this forum)
E02.jpg
* E02.jpg (Filesize: 146.86 KB)

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #2806 on: April 22, 2021, 08:58:56 AM
Sofirn d25S
IMG_7317.JPG
* IMG_7317.JPG (Filesize: 175.22 KB)
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline Sos24

Reply #2807 on: April 22, 2021, 11:21:18 AM
I didn't need another light, but I got this anyway.  Manker E02 version 2, AAA, (accepts ni-mh, alkaline, or 10440), easy access to 6 possible moonlight levels, nice Nichia neutral emitter, reasonable user levels with a "turbo" mode just in case. 
E-switch is not recessed but doesn't sit as high some.   A tiny turn of the tailcap locks it out easily.   Good runtimes, lousy clip but I've seen worse. 
It is a great light for creeping around the house in the dark when you don't need a whole lot of light, the waffle lens works magic but I wouldn't mind an even wider hotspot.
(apologies ahead of time if the pic is giant or tiny, trying to figure out what looks best on this forum)

“Need” is subjective, especially when it comes to tools and light.

us Offline Sos24

Reply #2808 on: April 22, 2021, 11:21:39 AM
Sofirn d25S

Looks like a nice bright headlamp

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #2809 on: April 22, 2021, 03:07:54 PM
Mine came with the headband too and it can be a really handy headlamp and easily carried too,I have a few of them squirreled away and always have them handy when I need them.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2810 on: April 22, 2021, 03:42:05 PM
I've been looking at the Sofirn sc31 pro.
Esse Quam Videri

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2811 on: April 22, 2021, 03:46:58 PM

I've looked at them before and always they always appealed.  I really, really, don't need another light either though.  :D

(pic size is good BTW)

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2812 on: April 22, 2021, 03:59:20 PM
I have the Manker E02 older version with Nichia led, its a nice light.  The UI does take a moment to get used to.   
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline cody6268

Reply #2813 on: April 22, 2021, 10:56:17 PM
I have a boatload of Maglites on the way (mostly old-school incandescent models). May have gone a little bit overboard, but hey, they were 30% off.

us Offline Sos24

Reply #2814 on: April 23, 2021, 03:22:28 AM
A MATEMINCO CSF-04 keychain flashlight

Offline MisterB

Reply #2815 on: April 23, 2021, 08:26:08 AM
I've looked at them before and always they always appealed.  I really, really, don't need another light either though.  :D
(pic size is good BTW)
Nor did I, but these modern lights are pretty amazing.  10 years ago you could've sold 1000 of these for $100 each on candlepowerforums.  Just amazing the tint and performance we can get for a little over $20 now.

I've been looking at the Sofirn sc31 pro.
I use one at work and it's performed nicely.  So handy to have onboard charging and the Anduril UI allows easy enough access to different output levels.  Of course there's a ton of stuff in there I'll never use at work but the voltage check is great.  As above, another amazing value at barely more than $20 if you buy without battery and can wait for the slow boat.  I've got some US made lights, (HDS, Surefire, Frelux) and have had lots more in the past but their value is so high I'm loathe to carry them any more outside the house in fear that I might lose one.  Pretty sure I haven't lost a light or knife in 20+ years but still...

“Need” is subjective, especially when it comes to tools and light.
EZdog said they can be squirreled away and I snorted a little because I guess we all have a little squirrel DNA cuz I'm never more than a few feet from a light or knife.

us Offline Sos24

Reply #2816 on: April 23, 2021, 08:41:37 AM
EZdog said they can be squirreled away and I snorted a little because I guess we all have a little squirrel DNA cuz I'm never more than a few feet from a light or knife.
Exactly.  Currently my end table has 2 SAKs, an HDS and a headlamp.  My philosophy is if you always keep a minimum of SAK and flashlight within arms reach, you should be able to take care of most situations.

• No Life Club
Reply #2817 on: April 23, 2021, 08:59:35 AM
Exactly.  Currently my end table has 2 SAKs, an HDS and a headlamp.  My philosophy is if you always keep a minimum of SAK and flashlight within arms reach, you should be able to take care of most situations.

So if you keep two within arm's reach you'll be able to take care of all situations?  :think: :pok:

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #2818 on: April 23, 2021, 05:13:10 PM
I picked up a Streamlite Stylus pro the other day when they were on sale on Amazon.  I use it for work primarily, and it's been great.  Bright little light that I hardly notice on my belt.  The one thing I don't like is the crappy nylon sheath it came with.  I don't have anywhere to clip a 2AAA torch in my pockets, so it has to go on my belt.  I'll be searching for a better solution.

• No Life Club
Reply #2819 on: April 23, 2021, 05:29:25 PM
I picked up a Streamlite Stylus pro the other day when they were on sale on Amazon.  I use it for work primarily, and it's been great.  Bright little light that I hardly notice on my belt.  The one thing I don't like is the crappy nylon sheath it came with.  I don't have anywhere to clip a 2AAA torch in my pockets, so it has to go on my belt.  I'll be searching for a better solution.

I like using elasticated sleeves, they let you carry a lot within the width of your belt horizontally, the clip would help retention:

https://www.readyman.com/products/readyman-edc-belt-sleeve

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%