Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What's your latest flashlight?

edap617 · 3061 · 245429

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Re: What's your latest flashlight?
Reply #2880 on: October 07, 2021, 05:07:05 AM
My Olight order came on Saturday, but only getting around to posting it now:

Couple of i1R 2s and the excellent Oport

Array 2, i5R in copper, and Seeker 3

Couple of O'pen Pros in purple aluminium and washed Titanium

The surprisingly nice looking and feeling Omino charger

Four Obulb MCs, each with their own Osling accessory

I'll post my thoughts on everything tomorrow after some sleep  :tu:
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

england Offline Kev D

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2881 on: October 08, 2021, 02:06:56 PM
Baton 3

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

england Offline Kev D

Reply #2882 on: October 14, 2021, 11:20:30 AM
Baton Pro

england Offline Kev D

Reply #2883 on: October 18, 2021, 02:05:25 PM
New work torch just got delivered, S2R II.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #2884 on: October 21, 2021, 01:54:41 PM
They look good for scratching too :)
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #2885 on: October 23, 2021, 09:57:00 PM
I bought a Streamlight ProTac 1L-1AA. I removed the pocket clip and added O-rings to improve grip.

Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

• No Life Club
Reply #2886 on: October 23, 2021, 10:26:39 PM
They look good for scratching too :)

What do you mean  :think:
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #2887 on: October 26, 2021, 02:14:28 PM
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

fr Offline m47mu74nt

• No Life Club
Reply #2888 on: December 18, 2021, 08:44:41 PM
Got Sofirn HS40 and HS10 today  :woohoo:

Sofirn HS40 is avery nice upgrade on the SP40, but I don't like HS40 tube design... and I like a lot SP40 and Wurkkos HD15 ones!
Good news: the tube lego between Sofirn HS40, Wurkkos HD15, and Sofirn SP40.

So I use HD15 with SP40 18650 tube and HS40 with HD15 18650 tube (and SP40 with its 18350 tube)

* Sofirn_wurkkos.jpg (Filesize: 137.85 KB)
Meet me also on youtube & instagram for mostly knives (and multitools) content

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #2889 on: December 19, 2021, 01:19:21 PM
My latest is a RovyVon Aurora A5. This is a neat little light with plenty of functions.

1. press button constantly with activate the front light for as long as you press the button.
2. Double tap the power button will get you the low front light activated. Press the button again to run through the low, medium, high beam.
3. Triple tap the power button will activate the side reading light. Press the button again to run through the higher beam, and flashing feature.
4. Quadruple tap the power button will activate the UV light. Great for looking at money, ect. Also used to activate the glow in the dark body.
5. Pressing the power button for a few seconds turns the unit off.

The flashlight is chargeable via micro USB, and the main beam is powerful enough for something so small. I understand the onboard electronics tone down the main bright beam after a while in order to cool the unit down. For what I am using this for, I have yet needed the full power for any length of time...so I haven't encountered this yet.

If there is any issues I have with the unit, I find you need to press the power button hard to activate it. I wish for something easier to press that is possibly slightly sunken to prevent accidental discharges. I also find all of this pressing in short sequences to get to the various functions a bit fiddly. I am finding with time, i am not thinking much about it...so I guess this is not much of a negative once you get used to all the features RovyVon packed into this little powerhouse.

Inside the package, you get  the light, a charging cable, instructions, a keychain ring, and a pocket clip.
20211219_064915A by Chako, on Flickr

Here I have activated the 2 side LED book reading function. It also does a good job illuminating a dark room in a pinch.
20211219_064935A by Chako, on Flickr

The UV light is great for finding scorpions, hidden things in money, not so clean washrooms and hotel bedrooms, etc...  :rofl:
20211219_064953A by Chako, on Flickr

The main shooter is activated. There are 3 different power levels. I am for the most part, happy with the lowest setting which the light turns on by default. At highest power, 650 lumens from something so small is impressive...for short periods of time.
20211219_065019QA by Chako, on Flickr

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2890 on: December 19, 2021, 03:25:48 PM
 :tu: I have the A5 as well tho with the red aux leds.  Its a well done light thats for sure.   
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #2891 on: December 19, 2021, 11:58:18 PM
:tu: I have the A5 as well tho with the red aux leds.  Its a well done light thats for sure.   
Just like every other light that operates with a push in my pocket,I tried one of these and had to return it as it turns on by itself all the time.

I wanted to love it but..... :dunno:

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #2892 on: December 20, 2021, 05:49:29 AM
Just like every other light that operates with a push in my pocket,I tried one of these and had to return it as it turns on by itself all the time.

I wanted to love it but..... :dunno:

Seeing as it takes two pushes in quick succession to turn it on I'm guessing you have something else in your pocket that is consistently pushing on the switch.  I keep one in a leatherette key pouch with the rest of my non-car keys, and it hasn't turned on in my pocket at all in the 18 months or so that I've had it.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2893 on: December 20, 2021, 06:07:22 AM
I rotate the clip to block the button.  I didn't have an issue but since its dangling from my side I chose to do it this way.  Its such a terrific light bummer yours didn't work out for you. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline fuyume

Reply #2894 on: January 06, 2022, 07:55:38 PM
About a month ago, for my birthday, I bought myself a new Nitecore EC11 with a Fenix ARB-L16-700UP battery. It’s my new EDC light, replacing the Fenix E12 v2.0 I bought back at the beginning of Summer, because I decided I wanted a light with a red secondary LED. I actually would have preferred the EA11 (14500/AA), but both of these models are discontinued and no one had the EA11 in stock.

冬芽 fuyume (女 she/her/anoko)

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2895 on: January 08, 2022, 12:08:53 PM
About a month ago, for my birthday, I bought myself a new Nitecore EC11 with a Fenix ARB-L16-700UP battery. It’s my new EDC light, replacing the Fenix E12 v2.0 I bought back at the beginning of Summer, because I decided I wanted a light with a red secondary LED. I actually would have preferred the EA11 (14500/AA), but both of these models are discontinued and no one had the EA11 in stock.

(Image removed from quote.)

that's a great looking compact light.  :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

gb Offline Tasky

• Galaxy-hopping garbage-man
Reply #2896 on: January 08, 2022, 01:32:45 PM
About a month ago, for my birthday, I bought myself a new Nitecore EC11
Interesting... that's sort-of a Fenix E18R, but Nitecored-up a bit and with what looks like a slightly less annoying UI.
Is the tailcap magnetic?

no Offline nakken

• No Life Club
Reply #2897 on: January 08, 2022, 02:08:30 PM
My latest flashlight is the Olight Seeker 2 Pro. An absolute beast that I got for Christmas by the company I work for. :tu:

* 20220108_135810.jpg (Filesize: 102.77 KB)

* 20220108_135945.jpg (Filesize: 62.41 KB)

• No Life Club
Reply #2898 on: January 08, 2022, 06:11:15 PM
My latest flashlight is the Olight Seeker 2 Pro. An absolute beast that I got for Christmas by the company I work for. :tu:

A very nice light  :like:

ca Offline buggs

Reply #2899 on: February 25, 2022, 08:02:16 AM

Late reply but I really like that light.  I have an orange Seeker 2 Pro that is easily my favorite large Olight.  It performs really well and if you aren't using it, holds a charge for an incredibly long time.  I know they've moved on to Seeker 3 now with improved specs but no intent of going that way on my part.  Proprietary battery though so may be an issue.  Mine is a couple of years old and performing admirably so no complaints at this point. 

That aside I've no big intent for buying new lights.  I know some aren't big fans of Olight but I've experienced no problems to this point.  I might try out a Rovyvon or something similar at a low price point but my my keychain Olight is an original that still works and has only been charged a couple of times over the years I've owned it.  I don't use it much, but it hangs on the keychain unnoticed. 

• No Life Club
Reply #2900 on: February 25, 2022, 02:37:46 PM
Late reply but I really like that light.  I have an orange Seeker 2 Pro that is easily my favorite large Olight.  It performs really well and if you aren't using it, holds a charge for an incredibly long time.  I know they've moved on to Seeker 3 now with improved specs but no intent of going that way on my part.  Proprietary battery though so may be an issue.  Mine is a couple of years old and performing admirably so no complaints at this point. 

That aside I've no big intent for buying new lights.  I know some aren't big fans of Olight but I've experienced no problems to this point.  I might try out a Rovyvon or something similar at a low price point but my my keychain Olight is an original that still works and has only been charged a couple of times over the years I've owned it.  I don't use it much, but it hangs on the keychain unnoticed.

Agree with this, well not the part about not buying more lights  :rofl: , I've never had an Olight fail, with my first from 2012 still working as the day I bought it  :tu:

The Rovyvon Aurora series is a nice in between size, bit bigger than the i1r EOS and more capable, but not as large as a AAA.

ca Offline buggs

Reply #2901 on: February 27, 2022, 05:50:13 AM
Agree with this, well not the part about not buying more lights  :rofl: , I've never had an Olight fail, with my first from 2012 still working as the day I bought it  :tu:

The Rovyvon Aurora series is a nice in between size, bit bigger than the i1r EOS and more capable, but not as large as a AAA.

Yeah, unlikely I never buy another light.  My wife would be thrilled but who am I kidding.   :drink:

• No Life Club
Reply #2902 on: February 27, 2022, 07:40:15 AM
Yeah, unlikely I never buy another light.  My wife would be thrilled but who am I kidding.   :drink:

I think there's a sale right now  :pok:

Picked up a new Omino charger that has a cool tech look to it myself  :ahhh

us Offline hsherzfeld

Reply #2903 on: March 01, 2022, 01:16:46 AM
My latest flashlight is a Streamlight Microstream USB. I bought it to replace my Olight i3T after I finally got tired of the Ollight's insatiable battery diet and excess heat. Before the Olight, I carried a regular Microstream for six years, so it's nice to find an upgraded version of my old standby.

I really like the sleeve that slides forward to provide a more focused beam; the product literature doesn't even mention this feature, only that it slides forward to reveal the charging port. As an engineer, I love to see dual-function components in products.

* IMG_1546.jpg (Filesize: 222.42 KB)
Current SAKs: Explorer, SwissChamp, Handyman (modded), Climber, Super Tinker, Tinker, Woodsman (modded), Electrician, Pioneer, SwissTool, Executive, Ambassador, Champion Plus
Current Leatherman tools: PST, Original Wave, Wave, Wave+, Blast, Bond, Curl, Style PS, Micra

Boomer Sooner!

• No Life Club
Reply #2904 on: March 01, 2022, 01:46:16 AM
My latest flashlight is a Streamlight Microstream USB. I bought it to replace my Olight i3T after I finally got tired of the Ollight's insatiable battery diet and excess heat. Before the Olight, I carried a regular Microstream for six years, so it's nice to find an upgraded version of my old standby.

I really like the sleeve that slides forward to provide a more focused beam; the product literature doesn't even mention this feature, only that it slides forward to reveal the charging port. As an engineer, I love to see dual-function components in products.

It's possible that it was accidental, does it have a mag lense like normal zoomies?  :think:

us Offline hsherzfeld

Reply #2905 on: March 01, 2022, 02:51:26 AM
It's possible that it was accidental, does it have a mag lense like normal zoomies?  :think:
No, the lens itself doesn't move, but the aluminum sleeve around the front half of the light slides forward to expose the charging port. Sliding it forward when the light is on basically halves the size of the light spot (by eliminating spillover light, I guess).
Current SAKs: Explorer, SwissChamp, Handyman (modded), Climber, Super Tinker, Tinker, Woodsman (modded), Electrician, Pioneer, SwissTool, Executive, Ambassador, Champion Plus
Current Leatherman tools: PST, Original Wave, Wave, Wave+, Blast, Bond, Curl, Style PS, Micra

Boomer Sooner!

Offline Carl0088

• New User
Reply #2906 on: March 02, 2022, 10:10:48 AM
I do have the Rider RX. This is a EDC light with fidgety.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #2907 on: March 09, 2022, 06:58:26 PM
Last night I got a Nitecore tiki, it was a present, but something I’ve wanted for a while, at first the kid didn’t think I’d really want it but when the Mrs turned the lights out so I could test it out his face lit up, so later I was explaining a few thing of it and he was liking it, I fully charged my old one which was the tube, then charged this one and put it in its place and gave the kid the tube, cause he was really liking how small these lights were and how much light they pumped out, grant it yeah the tube didn’t have as much but still a good amount, so I’ll have to get used to all the extra codes to use each setting on this new one, but I like it!
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2908 on: March 10, 2022, 12:15:12 AM
These lights really came a long way.  I like it.  Nice and easy to carry which means you'll actually carry it.  The kids gets a nice light too with the Tube.  WIN/WIN. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #2909 on: April 13, 2022, 12:29:31 AM
Two legos that I've managed to put together.

First one was done by Tad's Customs.It's a very old but very cool Surfire KL3 head.I bought two of these 15-18 years ago.One remains NIB while the other was modified by Tad to produce about 1,150 lumens.I placed it onto a 2012 Surefire C2 Centurian body.

The second is another Surfire body,a 2009 6P, with a clicky tailcap,bored to accept 18650 batts and using a head that produces 80,360 and 700 lumens.This has a very tight hot spot with enough spill to identify objects 20 feet to either side of the hotspot at 50 yards.

* surefire-centurian-lego-1.jpg (Filesize: 168.92 KB)

* surefire-6p-lego-1.jpg (Filesize: 184.46 KB)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 02:01:33 AM by toolguy »
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%