Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The joys of my old bar...

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
The joys of my old bar...
on: January 08, 2008, 02:35:32 AM
http://www.hfxnews.ca/index.cfm?sid=95463&sc=89

Boy am I glad I'm not still there- in fact, I am nowhere near that vicinity anymore!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Re: The joys of my old bar...
Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 05:24:59 AM
Wow.  That would totally suck to work at that place on those nights.

Speaking of alcohol.  One of my friends got screwed up new years eve.  He got really drunk and wrecked his ATV on the ride home.  He told us the day before that he was not going to drive his truck because he didn't want a DUI well, he will probally get one now.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 01:17:14 PM
That's just asking for bloody trouble >:(
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 01:49:08 PM
On many of the ATV/snowmobile trails near my parent's place there are memorials stuck to trees from where idiots got drunk and plowed into them.  The nice thing is, the trees big enough to stand up to a charging Skidoo are also solid enough to hang substantial memorials.  One would think that riding along and seeing hundreds of these things hung from or nailed to trees would be enough to convince you to either slow down or consume a little less alcohol or both.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend though.  At least he proved himself to be smarter than many, and at least stayed off the roads where he could have easily taken others down with him.

As for the bars in Halifax, yeah, that's a mess waiting to happen.  I am glad there's about 10kms and a few bodies of water between the bar I am at now and those ones.  Alcohol is like pure oxygen- fine by itself, but when exposed to fire or stupidity it will have explosive results.  In this case, the bar management are the idiots.  They will have problems, their security won't be able to handle it (riots are called that for a reason) and eventually the legislators will have to step in and start regulating drink prices all over.  I don't think adding politicians and lawyers into the mix will settle anything.  Bar owners need to self regulate so other, more powerful idiots don't feel the need to step in.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline TWBryan

Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 05:33:59 PM
      Sounds like Spring break once a week....

TWBryan
T

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 07:39:51 PM
That's pretty well what it is.

Once again, I am glad I'm not at that bar, or even in that neighborhood these days!

Def

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 10:53:14 AM
omg! "Practically free drinks, come and get wasted and we'll take care of you!" yeah right!
that place is begging/pleading for trouble and they will get it! I'm glad your not there either Def...

00 Offline Dtrain

• "Southbound Whatchya Leave Behind Ya?"
Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 03:53:18 PM
When I was stationed at Fort Jackson many moons ago,a few of the local watering holes tried similair tactics.One in particulair on a friday night.That bar was already known as a rough spot to begin with.

My roomate and I visited that bar on that friday night for a few libations and hopefully an oportunity or two to fratenize with members of the opposite sex.

After bieng there for awhile a fight broke out.The two of us were fortunate enough to get out before local law enforcement arrived.To this day it is the only time I have ever seen a fight in a bar resemble something out of an old western.

The crowd that had gathered there that night was quite large,so we had to wait at my pickup until someone would move so we could leave.

After the first few officers arrived we were quickly questioned,and thet determined that we were innocent bystanders.Fortunately,for us no one examined our knuckles,or apearance closely.I reckon that they figured if we had enough sense to get out then we were not part of the problem.Or,maybe they figured that they were going to have their limit anyways.Either way I was happy,a call to the Provost Marshal was something that I would not have looked forward too.
The first officers opened the door,then closed it.A few minutes later a rather large group of Columbia SC's finest arrived with the Sherrif's dept backing them up.

To this day I think that they had the best solution to the problem...............................................................

They opened the door and tossed in a couple of CS grenades and sorted things out as everyone exited the building.

If I remember right the owner's lost their liquor license that Monday.

Aaaaah Youth.

Dtrain
"It seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time"

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 05:33:26 PM
I used to be quite fond of rough bars. Easy women and trouble everywhere, just my kind of place. I had a LOT of fun when I was younger but I'm glad I outgrew that phase. Now I'm a good boy  :angel:
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 04:04:43 AM
Yeah, but rough bars aren't like they used to be.  In the good old days you could get stabbed, but mostly folks were just looking for a good way to let off steam.  Nowadays stabbing is almost a given and the possibility of being shot is also pretty significant.

Def

00 Offline Dtrain

Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 04:05:03 PM
I used to be quite fond of rough bars. Easy women and trouble everywhere, just my kind of place. I had a LOT of fun when I was younger but I'm glad I outgrew that phase. Now I'm a good boy  :angel:

Same here,I got to the age where I realized even though I did not start a problem,not walking away from one was not always the smartest thing to do either,I guess that is what alot of people go through when they are that age when I was younger 18 to early 20's.You think that you can"Take on the World",and that you are"Bullet Proof" so to speak.I guess at that time I never really thought of the long term ramifications of my actions,or lack of.

Then,suddenly at least in my case,I realized that there are no "Winner's" in a fight.Only how banged up you are afterwords.I have never claimed to be a Saint  so to speak,and I am far from innocent.I am sure that a few times my
lack of concern,or attitude that I presented caused the same result as throwing the first punch.

I am glad that I "Grew Up" without really getting hurt or seriously injuring someone else.Now that I am knocking on the door of 40 if my wife or I walked into a bar and saw that it was a Rough" crowd we would turn around a head out someplace else.At this point it's been ages since we have been to one ourselves.

Defender, still bieng active in the Security is very right.Twenty or 30 years ago,a beat down or a stabbing was the most a person heard about.These days it seems like everday I hear or read about a shooting,that occurred at a club or outside one that originated between several individuals inside.

Up here in Cleveland Ohio there have been alot of problems as of late in the "Flats".It's the location in Cleveland where a majority of the more popular Clubs and Bars are located.

God I feel old right now as I post this,sometimes it feels like only yesterday,as I look back at where I was and where I am now.Then I realize it has been almost 20 years and how so much has changed in my life and how much society has changed as well.

I almost feel like I am having an "I've become my Parent's" moment I guess I better go sit down in my rocking chair,wrap up in my comforter and watch the "Price is Right"

Hope I did not offend,just remembering a bit.

Dtrain

A good emoticon formula for this......

Too much of this  :cheers: or this  :drink: plus  :ahhh can result in this  :twak:

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 04:17:22 PM
I guess at that time I never really thought of the long term ramifications of my actions,or lack of.
Me neither. 1 fight I got into(I didn't start it) ended with me dislocating my shoulder when a HUGE friend of mine grabbed me. I was fixin to hit a guy with a small tool box so it's probably good that he did but regardless I've had several more dislocations in it and 5 surgeries to try and keep it in socket over the last 13 years. It was New Years Eve 1994/1995 when I did it the 1st time.

It's still a problem and I'm very limited to what I can do now. Because of the nerve damage I can't shoot powerful rifles or shotguns anymore, I can't go bowling or really do ANYTHING that stresses my shoulder. I've been told that eventually I'll probably have to have a total shoulder replacement. That doesn't sound like a lot of fun.

So, I don't drink much anymore. I NEVER go to bars. If I do drink it's at home, and I only have a couple and am in bed by 11:00PM.

Edited at add, I LOVE that Emoticon Formula.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 04:18:59 PM by ducktapehero »
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 04:33:16 PM
Why don't they just ask someone to smash up the bar assault their staff and generally cause havoc around the area?They would save a fortune on marketting
All the cheapo bars in the city centre of Glasgow  are just toilets that attract drunken A-HOLES I don't imagine any other countries being any different

00 Offline Dtrain

Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 05:48:11 PM
I agree,unfortunately that is one thing that most countries do  have in common.Personnally I wish "Getting along with each other" was instead.Of course,maybe if "World Leaders" would go and settle their problems in a bar instead of sending soldiers off to go get killed everytime there was a disagreement the world might be a better place.Either they will fight or realize that now they have to do their own fighting for a change,they'll decide to shoot a few games of pool,throw some darts,and sing a few karoke songs and go home and answer to the missus like the rest of us have.I could just hear that conversation now......

(Insert name of World Leader's Signifigant Other Here) "Where have you been,do you know what time it is!)

and the reply...."Well you know how it is, a leader's job is never done.We had a crisis today in the (Insert Area Here)
So we had an Emegency Meeting at the UN Sports Bar to work it out,it was a tough negoitations session,but after a few :cheers: and  :drool: the waitresses we were able to work it out :D

followed by the standard"Well why didnt you call!" ???

and the Leaders response........." :oops:,my bad I left the Red Phone in the Car, ::)just giving you a heads up now,it's nickle wing nite tommorrow :angel:,could be another crisis,it seems like our work is never done since the World has adopted this new peace keeping policy :drink:

Just a Thought,I am sure we all know a few good bars they could drink at......The Swiss might have an Unfair advantage,though.......

They got Corkscrews on their SAK's,they could be labelled as weapons of "Mass Intoxication". :D

Dtrain

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: January 10, 2008, 05:59:18 PM
maybe if "World Leaders" would go and settle their problems in a bar instead of sending soldiers off to go get killed everytime there was a disagreement the world might be a better place.
AMEN!!!!! I think it should be world wide law that if a leader decides to declare war with another country his/her children have to be drafted and sent to fight 1st. I'm sure the leaders of these countries would think twice if it were their son's and daughter's paying the price.

Ugh, I hate politicians. Bass-turds. They take my money to give it to OTHER people who are too lazy to work, then they give us guns and tell us to go kill people on the other side of the world to solve a problem THEY created.

Now I'm in a bad mood. I gotta play with my tool.  :climber: :multi:

00 Offline Dtrain

Reply #15 on: January 10, 2008, 06:21:18 PM
Just think,with my method they would be so worried about this that they wouldnt have any time to screw things up for the rest of us...

Dtrain

I had better quit here before Def breaks out the "Punishment Chicken"

* angrywifesaks.jpg (Filesize: 4 KB)

* youbetternotbelookingather.jpg (Filesize: 3.71 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD