Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

A few Cadet pics

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
A few Cadet pics
on: December 26, 2011, 10:23:56 PM
Got a new prime lens for our DSLR yesterday and was messing around a bit.

What do you think?
DSC_0312small.jpg
* DSC_0312small.jpg (Filesize: 71.82 KB)
DSC_0313small.jpg
* DSC_0313small.jpg (Filesize: 71.64 KB)
If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Re: A few Cadet pics
Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 10:24:42 PM
This one is probably my favorite:
DSC_0314small.jpg
* DSC_0314small.jpg (Filesize: 85.37 KB)
If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?

gb Offline 5hif7y

• tooled up
Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 10:26:42 PM
 :tu: classy pics mate very nice
-----5hif7y-----

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 10:29:44 PM
Thanks!

I probably got a little carried away with the bokeh effect (the shallow depth of field), but I've never had such a low f-stop to play with before  :D

us Offline MirrorEdge

Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 10:31:43 PM
Good pictures  :tu: , and nice SAK  :drool:

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 01:10:48 AM

Wow!  Really nice pictures, I just might have to switch to the SLR for SAK photos.

gb Offline 5hif7y

• tooled up
Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 02:35:29 AM
more pics  :tu: :D
-----5hif7y-----

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 04:04:17 PM
Good pictures  :tu: , and nice SAK  :drool:

Thanks!  :cheers:

The cadet was a cheap flea market find which has been my EDC for about a year now.  :tu:

Wow!  Really nice pictures, I just might have to switch to the SLR for SAK photos.

An SLR really opens up the possibilities when it comes to photos, and this lens with a low f-stop makes it even more interesting.  Now if I was only artistic enough to make it work...  ::)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 04:51:31 PM by gustophersmob »

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 04:06:06 PM
more pics  :tu: :D

Its overcast and raining here today, so the lighting isn't the greatest, but I've been playing around abit  :D

Here is my latest attempt at something artsy...  I just wish I had a better eye for composition.  :-\
DSC_0325small.jpg
* DSC_0325small.jpg (Filesize: 93.3 KB)

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #9 on: December 27, 2011, 04:15:34 PM
One more attempt with the knives switched around.  I was trying to make it seem like the knife on top was laying on an "infinite" line of knives. 

Kind of hard since I only have a few  ;)
DSC_0330small.jpg
* DSC_0330small.jpg (Filesize: 95.45 KB)

bn Offline jojotlc

Reply #10 on: December 27, 2011, 04:42:50 PM

I like the reflected pics..artistic..to make reflection disapper, prolly try a cPL filter ;)

Umm... Try with the lowest fstop available (f/1.4?), and if there is a focus point variables select it to the foremost,  say blade tip..
The last one seems to have focus point in centre of viewfinder.. ::)

Have fun..
Btw..Nikonians?
Inner Peace  8-)

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #11 on: December 27, 2011, 04:45:10 PM
Last one today, then off to help the in-laws move...
DSC_0328small.jpg
* DSC_0328small.jpg (Filesize: 96.31 KB)

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #12 on: December 27, 2011, 04:48:05 PM

I like the reflected pics..artistic..to make reflection disapper, prolly try a cPL filter ;)

Umm... Try with the lowest fstop available (f/1.4?), and if there is a focus point variables select it to the foremost,  say blade tip..
The last one seems to have focus point in centre of viewfinder.. ::)

Have fun..
Btw..Nikonians?

Thanks for the tips!

The lowest this lens will go is 1.8, it is the less expensive DX lens.

I will try what you were saying, focusing on the blade tip (hopefully later, I have to help move today  ::)).  I was trying to just have the shield in focus and everything else blurry, but maybe the tip would look better :)

I had to google nikonians  :o  I'm not on there, but I'll have to check it out, thanks!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 04:50:58 PM by gustophersmob »

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: December 27, 2011, 04:58:43 PM

An SLR really opens up the possibilities when it comes to photos, and this lens with a low f-stop makes it even more interesting.  Ow if I was only artistic enough to make it work...  ::)

Ya, I just find once I pick up the SLR I'm forced to really take my time and make a worthy picture, hours can pass, then the processing is more involved and more hours pass.  I've been ignoring my film SLR for more than 1/2 a decade and my DSLR for a couple of years.  SAK pics with my pile of pocket cameras has been a good way to keep my foot in the door, but not getting burried in photography.  I take mostly documentary style SAK pics for their educational purposes, I've been keeping the art to a minimum.  Still maybe after I clean things up a bit I might be ready to return to the SLR for more stuff, dust off the tripods and set up a light box,  sometime in the new year.  I think I like using the P&S because I can use it as an excuse to be fast and lazy with the pics. 

I like your image concepts. Keep it up.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 05:00:54 PM by ICanFixThat »

bn Offline jojotlc

Reply #14 on: December 27, 2011, 05:11:44 PM

An SLR really opens up the possibilities when it comes to photos, and this lens with a low f-stop makes it even more interesting.  Ow if I was only artistic enough to make it work...  ::)

Ya, I just find once I pick up the SLR I'm forced to really take my time and make a worthy picture, hours can pass, then the processing is more involved and more hours pass.  I've been ignoring my film SLR for more than 1/2 a decade and my DSLR for a couple of years.  SAK pics with my pile of pocket cameras has been a good way to keep my foot in the door, but not getting burried in photography.  I take mostly documentary style SAK pics for their educational purposes, I've been keeping the art to a minimum.  Still maybe after I clean things up a bit I might be ready to return to the SLR for more stuff, dust off the tripods and set up a light box,  sometime in the new year.  I think I like using the P&S because I can use it as an excuse to be fast and lazy with the pics. 

+1...now p&s mostly, except travelling...dusty tripod,  monopods..the same!
Inner Peace  8-)

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #15 on: December 27, 2011, 07:49:07 PM

I know what you mean.  Photography is really my wife's thing, I just get the bonus of playing with her camera  :D

Thanks for the encouragement!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%