Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SureFire P60L User Review

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
SureFire P60L User Review
on: January 13, 2008, 07:49:04 AM
First off it should be noted that I am in no way a flashlight expert at all. I know nothing of amps and LED bins and so forth. Other members can sound in with that information if they would like to. I am just a casual flashlight user that includes walking across the Dam near my house or taking night walks with my family at the Lake. It is that frame of mind that I write this review.

The P60L is a LED drop in offered by SureFire that fits any of their lights that take the P60 incandescent lamp assembly. The advantage of the P60L over the P60 is many fold. Not only is the output increased from 65 to 80 lumens with the P60L. The P60L like all LEDs will in last for thousands of hours and not burn out like the P60 incandescent. But the main advantage of the P60L in my opinion is the increase in runtime. Surefire states the P60L runtime as 12 hours thats 11 more hours of runtime over the P60s 1.

Output of the P60L in my 6P Defender is great. It throws a smooth beam with a nice hotspot and plenty of sidespill for walking on the shore of the Lake or down a wooden path. The beam is a very white with a hint of blue. I have read that there are many after-market higher output P60 size LED drop ins out there but for me the main advantage of the P60L is the runtime. I got my 6P LED in October and have used it maybe every other weekend for 20 to 30 minutes at a time and are still on the original set of cells. That good for me the user when you consider the cost and availability of those 123 cells.

This is the shed behind my house. Please bear in mind that I am still trying to master the manual settings for taking outdoor beamshots. The P60L isn't as blue as it appears in the shot. It's much, much more white with a hint of blue. Also to note and one of the main advantages of the P60L is runtime. The shot with the P60L is with taken with the original cells from October with many weekend walks across the Dam on it and the P60 incandescent is with fresh cells.

P60L

P60 incandescent

I know that there may be brighter drop-ins out there for my 6P. But the combination of 80 lumens and 12 hours of runtime make the P60L a great choice for any casual flashlight. One of my favorite choices.

For those who might be interested this is the Dam.

"

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: SureFire P60L User Review
Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 02:55:24 PM
Very interesting Prime! (nice pics too) Don't you have an E2D Defender as well? How does this 6PL set-up compare in terms of length/diameter/light output?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Re: SureFire P60L User Review
Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 08:00:26 AM
Very interesting Prime! (nice pics too) Don't you have an E2D Defender as well? How does this 6PL set-up compare in terms of length/diameter/light output?
Here are some photos for you Bob. The 6P Defender is a little bigger than the E2D. It has more output more as well. 80 lumens for the 6PD to 65 for the E2D. I think that the E2D throws more and I am able to spot things at a distance with it. I know that it's "old" technology, but I really like the E2D and it's output is really good in my opinion.

"

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD