Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Received Spirit Today

Offline Carthas

Re: Received Spirit Today
Reply #30 on: January 13, 2008, 03:30:12 AM
I saw my first Real Life Spirit today.  :ahhh

$139. (for comparison - LM Kicks retail in most places at $99)

I didn't get a chance for a fondle, so I'm not sure if it was regular or "S" model, but I do declare it was an effort of will to keep it in my pants (My wallet that is)

1 usd= 1.12 aud (and our dollar is bad now) so 100 usd= 112 aud
I payed 36 usd for my bo spirit (deal of course but online and free shipping) so that would be 40 aud!
Aussie prices are expensive!!!

They are. About the cheapest price I've been able to find a spirit online is for $91AUD. That's pretty much over twice the price in AUD that you're buying them for over in the states. Not sure why that is, but it's the reason why most people are happy to buy the $20AUD chinese knockoff multi with builtin hex driver and locking blades. Sure, it may break on you, but you can buy 4 of them and still have change left over for the price of the spirit.

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #31 on: January 13, 2008, 03:35:42 AM
I really  cant believe the prices some of you guys pay for tools in your countries. I mean wow I would not only have to give up beer for a month but I would also have to give up my Jack Daniels!

And that aint gonna happen. :cheers:
S

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: January 13, 2008, 04:05:41 AM
I really  cant believe the prices some of you guys pay for tools in your countries. I mean wow I would not only have to give up beer for a month but I would also have to give up my Jack Daniels!

I don't know if it affects anything at all but - Lots of our business is tourists. We've got 3 major cities, and they're all on beaches with hotels, malls, and that kind of crap.
This possibly means that when it comes to "designer" items, we pay Tourist prices - but I could just be talking out of my arse there, I don't understand economies as much as I should.

I also don't know if there's a tax on imported stuff or other costs that are getting passed on to the end consumer (other than of course our 10% "I Will Never introduce This Tax" Tax )

Onwards - If we standard one "unit" (ie, Case of Beer or Bottle of preferred spirits (On special of course, I only ever buy on special. Sure, it just encourages more marketing, but if I can save a dollar, I damn well will) - to $40, and we say the average Australian drinks 1 of these units a week* (Not including nights out with mates or whathaveyou), it would thusly take 5 weeks to save for a Swisstool (I think a Wave goes for around $200 as well)

Have you seen someone who hasn't had a drink for five weeks? That man should not be allowed around pointy objects, no matter how much money he has saved.

ca Offline ufox9al

Reply #33 on: January 13, 2008, 04:42:26 AM
The interesting thing about SAKs is that US seems to be the primary market for them. Even in Europe the prices are higher than in the US, and the variety seems to be much less as well. Luckily, I am in Canada, and FeliveVet ships here :D
-------
Alexei

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #34 on: January 14, 2008, 05:30:06 AM
WoW I had no idea (my bad) if I ever visit your countries I won't be taking clothes or personal stuff, just multitools! :multi:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%