Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Got horn

gb Offline Farmman

Got horn
on: January 13, 2012, 07:15:13 PM
Ok like many here I have drooled over the scales ong has been showing for various saks he has done.  I fancied having ago so ordered 4 buffalo horns off of eBay.

Quite alot of work and Anglo Saxon words went into producing this modified waiter

The scales are thicker than the original ones 3mm instead of 2mm however as this is a one layer tool the end result is still very pocketable.

Not claiming this is anywhere near as good as ong stuff but feel it is a good start and will be used as my weddings carry.

The small eye glass screw driver, gave me the most trouble and was also the easiest to fix. I did not like the gray as it looked bad with the black of the horn. Having tried to make one   (unsuccessfully) out if horn I realised the application of a black sharpie fixed my aesthetics problem.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 07:19:10 PM by Farmman »

gb Offline 5hif7y

• tooled up
Re: Got horn
Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 07:19:17 PM
they look really nice  :tu:. well done.

now make  100 of them and sell them to us  :D
-----5hif7y-----

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 07:22:01 PM
Great work Farmman..  :tu:
I've worked with Buffalo horn a few times and it's smells like s**t, when sanding/polishing doesn't it..?  :D :D

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 07:24:42 PM
Great work Farmman..  :tu:
I've worked with Buffalo horn a few times and it's smells like s**t, when sanding/polishing doesn't it..?  :D :D

+1  Bad smell  :ahhh bad smell  :ahhh    :rofl:

Everything’s adjustable

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 07:28:20 PM
Looks excellent mate. :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

gb Offline Farmman

Got horn
Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 07:39:32 PM

Now to own up to what I class as my super power ...... I have no sense of smell. Good for changing babies nappies, working with older people and now working pieces of horn. Although from the way swmbo made me shower after each session in the garage I guess it does.

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 07:43:32 PM
Wow, well done!
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 07:43:43 PM

Now to own up to what I class as my super power ...... I have no sense of smell. Good for changing babies nappies, working with older people and now working pieces of horn. Although from the way swmbo made me shower after each session in the garage I guess it does.
Trust me, in this particular case you're a lucky bugger..  :ahhh If your taste buds are working try chewing some burnt hair and you'll get the drift..  ;) :D

us Offline 82brutus

Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 07:44:02 PM

:rofl:

Nice work on those scales!!!!
“We shall neither fail nor falter; we shall not weaken or tire...give us the tools and we will finish the job.” - Winston Churchill

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 07:51:01 PM

Thats a use full superpower!  :tu:
I found that when you sand it the dust gets into your cloths so everything has to go straight in the washing machine
And if you take your coffee in to the workshop

:D
Everything’s adjustable

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 09:22:31 PM
Lovely job :tu:

I imagine the smell is akin to burning hair... not good at all :(
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30