Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman Rebar Pictures

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Leatherman Rebar Pictures
on: January 18, 2012, 04:14:00 AM
We'll have more and better pictures tomorrow, but I snapped a few while walking past Leatherman's booth today and I thought folks here might appreciate seeing them.

More tomorrow!  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ph Offline Teofilo

• No Life Club
Re: Leatherman Rebar Pictures
Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 04:17:15 AM
A SUpertool 300 the size of a Charge! Nice Boss! :tu:

Offline Max Archer

Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 04:39:49 AM
Am I right in thinking it looks about the size of a SOG PPP or a PSTII?

If you can, a thickness comparison between the Charge and Rebar would be awesome.

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 04:50:30 AM
Oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!  (I think I've made my opinion clear in other threads!) (I WANT IT NOW!!!!)

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 05:03:21 AM
We saw a lot of tools at Shot today, both new and existing models, from all the major manufacturers, and the Rebar was clearly the class of the whole show in my opinion. :salute: 
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 05:06:14 AM
My Gut instinct , having never seen/held one is that it'll be a great tool .

Chris

us Offline bigelox

Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 05:24:52 AM

If you can, a thickness comparison between the Charge and Rebar would be awesome.

+1 - I've always been disappointed LM doesn't put thickness measurements in the specs for their tools.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 05:40:43 AM

Rebar thickness is about the same as a Charge. (which means it is slightly thicker than the PPP or the PST II of course)

You could also think of its thickness as being comparable to a Leatherman Fuse, thinner than a Leatherman Blast.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 05:44:57 AM
I'll try to get some good width comparison pics tomorrow- as you see from a number of the pictures so far I've been using my TTi as a size comparison for most things.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Max Archer

Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 06:32:42 AM

Rebar thickness is about the same as a Charge. (which means it is slightly thicker than the PPP or the PST II of course)

You could also think of its thickness as being comparable to a Leatherman Fuse, thinner than a Leatherman Blast.

Aw, that's too bad, I was really hoping for a slimmer tool that would carry well in the pocket. I guess I'll just have to get one and see.

spam Offline scrappy

• Turd Bucket
  • No Life Club
Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 06:34:36 AM
Thanks

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 06:51:09 AM

Aw, that's too bad, I was really hoping for a slimmer tool that would carry well in the pocket. I guess I'll just have to get one and see.

Yah, but the only way to make a tool thinner is to take away some of its blades, and I kinda like the Rebar's tool loadout as it is.

us Offline Ashley

• AKA Knife Crazied
Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 07:06:03 AM
I'm liking it myself.  :tu:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 09:47:59 AM
And i thought i would have a LM free year  :D   :drool: does anyone know a rough price on this  :tu:

Offline chris777

Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 03:23:36 PM
Is it just me or do the pliers look larger than the charge?

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 03:35:21 PM
These are some spur of the moment type pics so it's kind of hard to tell much for sure.  We'll be getting some new, better pics taken today.

Def

us Offline Caress of Steel

Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 04:02:35 PM
So it looks like the Rebar is to the Supertool 300 as the Pulse was the small version of the Supertool 200?  I have a two Pulse models and an original Supertool but have never had a Supertool 200 to compare the Pulse to.  The Rebar looks like a better size for me...even though I wear a size 17 ring.

John
Details are everything...much more important than your vague assurances!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 04:06:48 PM
That is a pretty accurate description- smaller version of the ST300.

Def

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 04:10:26 PM
So it looks like the Rebar is to the Supertool 300 as the Pulse was the small version of the Supertool 200?  I have a two Pulse models and an original Supertool but have never had a Supertool 200 to compare the Pulse to.  The Rebar looks like a better size for me...even though I wear a size 17 ring.

John

:o  Size 17!

I wear a 12, and the ST300/200/original are just a bit to big to use comfortably.  I prefer the Blast size tools.  Doesn't mean I won't carry the bigger ones, I just buy fewer of them.

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #19 on: January 18, 2012, 07:48:27 PM
Definitely "Need-To-Have"... :multi:

gb Offline badwolf

• No Life Club
  • my best friends a dog
Reply #20 on: January 18, 2012, 08:00:44 PM
This could be the "one" for me, nice size with the looks and grunt of its big brother :tu:
"I like me, my wife likes me"

JC PT&A

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #21 on: January 18, 2012, 08:07:26 PM

Now that is good news. :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

gb Offline 5hif7y

• tooled up
Reply #22 on: January 19, 2012, 03:02:54 AM
thinner than a blast sounds great.  :tu:
-----5hif7y-----

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #23 on: January 19, 2012, 03:17:57 AM
The blast IS just a little clunky.  Glad to hear that the Rebar is taking a slimmer approach, it will be less bulky on the belt.

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #24 on: January 19, 2012, 05:03:33 AM
 :drool:

The closer we get to production, the better it looks. And the $50 MSRP sounds just fine to me. Any further word as to when they will be hitting the street?
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #25 on: January 19, 2012, 05:43:12 AM
Here are the "good" pics of the Rebar- I hope you like them!

Howzat?  :D

Def

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #26 on: January 19, 2012, 05:59:37 AM
VERY NICE!!  I like the spring on the plier handle pivots.  Little Victorinox intuition being borrowed there eh?  The wire crimper was not in the prelim photos, glad to see it on the prototype.  I think the retention of the small flat head is awesome, I don't know about the rest of you but that is my go-to poke, prod, and scrape tool.  The awl will be good for that too, but I like to keep those sharp.

I notice the fine grip section of the pliers has been cut similar to the Wingman, the Blast has finer teeth.  Does it look like they are as good as the blast? 

Also, what is on the reverse of the file?

us Offline David

Reply #27 on: January 19, 2012, 07:15:19 AM
Can`t wait to get my hands on one of those!    :D    :D
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

Offline chris777

Reply #28 on: January 19, 2012, 07:29:01 AM
Sweet, I have been vacilating on a supertool for a while but this thing just cinches it, size wise.

Glad to see the non painted on inch marks on the ruler.

Does the awl have any sharpening on it at all? Not sure about the point either, I have used my otherones to run belt notches and this looks a little too wide for that.

I am also not a fan of the sharkhead overhang on the saw in particular, does this serve any purpose, or is it an astethics thing?
File too, I would rather have the extra real estate than a pretty rounded edge.(plus wishing for diamondfile)

I really wish LM would add scissors to this thing, I think they could have done it killing the lanyard ring, and going old school with a PST ring, and possibly thinning out (or just ditching one of) the flat drivers.

Has anyone ever put a wave pocket clip on a blast or ST300,  I really think it might be possible if you remove the lanyard ring , but you might have to figure out a way to keep it from slipping side to side, and rearrange the file unless you only open it 90 degrees.

I love one hand opening knives, but this thing is so nice It makes an excellent alternative.

Unless they surprise us with this plier head (and I cant tell if it looked bigger than the charge or not now the original pics have been taken down) on a wave style frame, I will definitely get one for my edc rotation.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #29 on: January 19, 2012, 07:46:11 AM
VERY NICE!!  I like the spring on the plier handle pivots.  Little Victorinox intuition being borrowed there eh?  The wire crimper was not in the prelim photos, glad to see it on the prototype.  I think the retention of the small flat head is awesome, I don't know about the rest of you but that is my go-to poke, prod, and scrape tool.  The awl will be good for that too, but I like to keep those sharp.

I notice the fine grip section of the pliers has been cut similar to the Wingman, the Blast has finer teeth.  Does it look like they are as good as the blast? 

Also, what is on the reverse of the file?

I didn't take notice of the fine teeth on the plier Merc, so I can't help you there. :-\

The plier handle pivot springs were sweet though. :tu: Very snappy-open / snappy closed, like the Juice tools.  (and the Vic tools as well)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%