Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman Rebar Pictures

us Offline Tsquare

Re: Leatherman Rebar Pictures
Reply #60 on: January 24, 2012, 01:34:08 PM
It looks to me like the phillips driver on the rebar is the same size as the ones on the fuse kick and blast, if so then you could use the bit kit that has the adaptor and use standard 1/4 inch bits with it as well.  We will have to wait and see to be sure. 
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 01:39:31 PM by Tsquare »

us Offline powernoodle

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #61 on: January 24, 2012, 04:59:35 PM
I love what I see, and this one maybe be destined to be my favorite MT.

Of course, I have that hope with every MT purchase. 

I'm sure I'll end up with a Rebars in stainless and BO.  I think I would have liked it to be just a tad smaller, but Timmy didn't ask me.  :)

us Offline powernoodle

Reply #62 on: January 24, 2012, 05:16:09 PM
Notice also that the white painted lettering and ruler markings are no longer present on the black oxide tool.  Thats an improvement from the first protos.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #63 on: January 25, 2012, 03:46:52 AM
Did you guys (Bob and Grand) try comparing the angle of the open plier heads of Rebar, Charge and/or ST300? Were they around the same angle? whose was wider?

Thanks.

Hmmm, we did not do any actual comparison photos Max, but the Rebar opened quite wide. I would estimate it opened as far as the Charge or Wave.

Oh, and speaking of Wave and Charge, my guess is that this Rebar plier head might soon be making an appearance on those two models as well. :salute:
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #64 on: January 25, 2012, 03:51:07 AM
If it doesn't officially I'm certain there will be a few of them floating around here!  :D

It's typical- no matter how many shots we take on how many different angles, it's never enough to keep everyone happy or answer every question! 

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline maximus0723

Reply #65 on: January 25, 2012, 04:13:29 AM
If it doesn't officially I'm certain there will be a few of them floating around here!  :D

It's typical- no matter how many shots we take on how many different angles, it's never enough to keep everyone happy or answer every question! 

Def
I am not sure if this is a negative comment implying that we ask too much from you two for your trip, or a positive comment saying that this tool is drawing lots of attention and its good to see many fans of a MT regardless of it being the rebar.

If it's the first of the two, then I have shown my appreciation in one of the appreciation threads. I wasn't necessarily looking for new pics but just what you observed when you opened the pliers of Rebar and/or charge and/or ST 300.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #66 on: January 25, 2012, 04:18:25 AM

Def
I am not sure if this is a negative comment implying that we ask too much from you two for your trip, or a positive comment saying that this tool is drawing lots of attention and its good to see many fans of a MT regardless of it being the rebar.

If it's the first of the two, then I have shown my appreciation in one of the appreciation threads. I wasn't necessarily looking for new pics but just what you observed when you opened the pliers of Rebar and/or charge and/or ST 300.

We know, we're just funnin' with you. :D

I agree with you too, the Rebar was my favorite new tool of the Show. :salute: Hopefully they will be available for sale soon and I can get my own, then I promise to take lots of comparison pics for you! :D
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #67 on: January 25, 2012, 05:36:02 AM

Def

It was just a comment that guys here are so interested in any details that there could never be enough.  If I ever suggest that folks are asking too much or trying to get too much info then I might as well close the forum.  A site like this is all about asking questions and getting answers, and I'm sure I could take a thousand pictures and folks would still have questions because people are so interested in the subject matter.

Nothing derogatory implied or intended.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline turnsouth

• No Life Club
  • There is no spoon
Reply #68 on: January 25, 2012, 03:37:43 PM
Question:

With the little tapered handles, what current tool does it feel like in the hand?
Never underestimate the power of the fleece

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #69 on: January 25, 2012, 04:43:19 PM
Question:

With the little tapered handles, what current tool does it feel like in the hand?

Oooh good one, +1!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #70 on: January 25, 2012, 07:54:47 PM
I think Bob handled it more than I did- I was trying to take as many photos as I could as fast as I could since we weren't certain how much time we had.  To me it didn't really feel any different than any of Leatherman's other "box type" designs.

Def

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #71 on: January 26, 2012, 03:05:33 AM
When opened and using the pliers, I suppose the closest tool to compare it to would be the Pulse, what with the rolled metal edges and all. With the tool "closed" and using the knife, there really is nothing to compare the feel to. It fits in your hand way better than any flat-sided tool does.  :)

(Image removed from quote.)

us Offline turnsouth

• No Life Club
  • There is no spoon
Reply #72 on: January 26, 2012, 03:20:49 AM
Thank-You Sirs :salute:
Never underestimate the power of the fleece

Offline maximus0723

Reply #73 on: January 26, 2012, 04:22:24 AM
Good to know  :tu:

And thanks Bob, will gladly wait for those pics  :cheers:

us Offline Tsquare

Reply #74 on: January 26, 2012, 01:25:20 PM
Does it come with a different kind of sheath or one of the standard models?

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #75 on: January 27, 2012, 03:28:34 AM
Does it come with a different kind of sheath or one of the standard models?

The 2012 Leatherman catalog shows it with standard model sheaths.

us Offline Tsquare

Reply #76 on: January 29, 2012, 05:32:03 AM
That is okay. I think we all know where we can get a sheath from to our liking.   :tu:

Offline gadgetman7

Reply #77 on: February 28, 2012, 03:22:44 PM
Anyone have a release date yet? I'm looking forward to this one.

Offline K9-Handler

Reply #78 on: February 28, 2012, 04:55:02 PM
Anyone have a release date yet? I'm looking forward to this one.

I'm a (very minor) knife modifier/retailer and I asked one of my distributors about the ReBar the last time I phoned in an order.   Guy on the phone yells over his shoulder, "ANYONE KNOW WHEN LEATHERMAN IS GOING TO RELEASE THE REBAR???"  I hear mumbling in the background.  "Guy here says not until the Fall."
Well, that certainly is a bummer...if its really true and they weren't just blowing me off.   >:(

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #79 on: February 28, 2012, 05:13:46 PM
While I was interested in all of the new tools introduced at this year's Shot Show, the Rebar was by far and away the one that appealed to me most. :salute: I'm anxiously awaiting the release date also, as I foresee it becoming my new edc tool.

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #80 on: February 29, 2012, 03:40:10 AM
I disrecall , any talk of a pocket clip ?

Chris

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #81 on: February 29, 2012, 08:05:55 AM
I disrecall , any talk of a pocket clip ?

Chris
I can't remember hearing anything about one, no.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #82 on: March 01, 2012, 03:56:51 AM
Nope, I don't remember hearing anything about a clip either. A removeable one would be a nice feature tho... :)

us Offline MeadMaker

Reply #83 on: March 01, 2012, 03:20:46 PM
Nope, I don't remember hearing anything about a clip either. A removeable one would be a nice feature tho... :)

I had been planning to buy a Rebar when the came out, but without a pocket clip it would be worthless to me.
Tick Magnet

us Offline OddFuture

Reply #84 on: March 01, 2012, 08:28:12 PM
http://www.leatherman.com/product/Rebar

According to the website, doesn't have the pocket clip.

But since it's just a smaller Supertool 300, and the supertool doesn't have a clip i didn't think this would either.

us Offline MeadMaker

Reply #85 on: March 01, 2012, 09:50:52 PM
I as hoping, since it is smaller than the ST300 an would fit in a pocket, that they would include a pocket clip option.
Tick Magnet

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #86 on: March 01, 2012, 10:33:45 PM
I don't believe there is any plan for a pocket clip for the Rebar. It's about the size and weight of the Blast and there was never a pocket clip for that.

Def

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #87 on: March 01, 2012, 10:35:15 PM
I prefer it without a pocket clip.  From the pics I have seen, it looks pretty good the way it is.
SAW

Offline gadgetman7

Reply #88 on: March 02, 2012, 12:58:00 AM

I added a Nite Ize clip to a Blast. It works great. I suspect it would work on the Rebar as well.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 12:59:49 AM by gadgetman7 »

Offline SMK76

Reply #89 on: March 02, 2012, 04:35:52 AM
Rebar has now been featured on the Facebook page ready to ship in April ready for sale in May!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%