Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I figured out why the slide lock on 111 mm SAKs is on the "wrong" side.

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
It's because the blade is on that side of the knife. 

Okay, why is the blade on that side?  If it were on the other side, the blade would be in front of the other tools.  You'd have to turn the knife around to open the other tools, then turn it back around again to use them, once you got them out.

Don't know why it took me so long to figure it out, but that's what I think. 
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

us Offline Ashley

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • AKA Knife Crazied

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
Yeah, it was weird... I was goofing off with my Outrider today when it hit me...  I've always wondered whey the blade is on the right side of the knife...  I've always thought it should be on the left side if you're right handed (like I am), because then the blade would be closer to the work... 

That's when it hit me.  The blade sticks up more than any other tool in the knife (except for the pliers, like on the Work Champ), so if the blade was on the other side, it would block access to all the other tools with the left hand.

I think it makes sense for the lock to be on that side too; if you're right handed, and using the knife, if it was the other way around that would put the button for the lock right under your thumb, and increase the chance of accidentally opening the lock during use.

So call me Sherlock for a while! :D
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

us Offline Ashley

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • AKA Knife Crazied

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31