Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Newbie needs advice for modding

Offline efendy

• New User
Newbie needs advice for modding
on: January 28, 2012, 04:42:13 PM
Hi All!

I would like to say hi to everybody as this is my first post.

I've been lurking in the forums in the last month or so and it's fascinating to see some of the mods people made.

I am actually very new to multi-tools too. As a start, a month ago, I bought a leatherman wave and it's awesome. I now have a freestyle for fishing and I have a victorinox minichamp for my key chain.

All good but as an avid fisherman and a DIY person I want to do a mod and I have some plans for my freestyle for fishing applications.

I would like to add a scissors and a combination diamond file/hook disgorger/fish scaler. I made a plan in my mind and did some measurements. I'll see if I can pull this out but;

I have a few some initial questions to the pros if you don't mind guys.

1. I basically would like to cut leatherman surge's replaceable diamond file to some shape and make some blunt saw tooth on it for scaling fish. what kind of tools I would need to do this? I have a jigsaw and circular saw. Would those suffice? I would prefer jigsaw as I can do curved cuts with that.
2. what kind of file (is there a special metal type for the file as the diamond file from surge is I guess hardened steel?) should I use to give the desired shape to the metal? 
3. I would also like to add a steel plate like the body of wave or freestyle. what kind of steel i should use for this? I also want to have a liner lock type thing protruding from the steel plate I would like to add.
4. I would like to add a scissors and large SAK scissors see that they would do but where can I get one apart from buying an old SAK and dismantling?

Thanks for all the help in advance!
Cheers
Efendy

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56