Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Sog Tool layout in a PT ? hows yours,

Zed · 7 · 2418

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Sog Tool layout in a PT ? hows yours,
on: February 06, 2012, 04:46:14 PM
Well some might know but the PT is my MT for 2012 , so far i really like this MT and with help from Alan i decided it should be spot on for me as a uk legal MT, i decided to add a wood saw as do use it now and then while camping plus compines nicely with my vic explorer, i also wanted to add the V-cutter as not tried one before, ok all fitted and working well, but the pliers dont close as flush as they did , its no big problem and dont make much difference as sticks out as far as the bolts do, but could i switch anything around to improve it  :think: i need help from you sog experts  ;) hers a fanned pic  :tu:

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Re: Sog Tool layout in a PT ? hows yours,
Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 06:08:20 PM
I wish I could show mine, but it's still en route!  I do have a large selection of SOG parts though, so I can fiddle when I finally get it.  Your pic looks cool and its making me want mine even more!  I wish other manufactures would let you customize the loadout as well, that's the biggest plus of the SOG system for me.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 06:15:24 PM
I wish I could show mine, but it's still en route!  I do have a large selection of SOG parts though, so I can fiddle when I finally get it.  Your pic looks cool and its making me want mine even more!  I wish other manufactures would let you customize the loadout as well, that's the biggest plus of the SOG system for me.

This is why i really like sogs now ive tried one, although ive been a big LM fan since 98 im a converted sog user now  :D this has pretty much got all the things i used on my wave but in a lighter and smaller package, plus uk legal  :tu: let me know how you get on with yours when it arives   :tu:

de Offline Dr. Bahn

Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 08:05:51 PM
but the pliers dont close as flush as they did , its no big problem and dont make much difference as sticks out as far as the bolts do, but could i switch anything around to improve it 
The "problem" is that you have got 3 large tools in one handle now. I think there is nothing you could do about it, if you want to keep this configuration.  ;)

Here are mine:

I EDC the polished PT in my backpack.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 08:09:42 PM by Dr. Bahn »

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 08:14:34 PM
but the pliers dont close as flush as they did , its no big problem and dont make much difference as sticks out as far as the bolts do, but could i switch anything around to improve it 
The "problem" is that you have got 3 large tools in one handle now. I think there is nothing you could do about it, if you want to keep this configuration.  ;)

Here are mine:

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

I EDC the polished PT in my backpack.

Very nice mate, i guess im stuck with it unless i remove the v-cutter or possibly the blade, i might get the combo blad and remove the serrated one, but i might just leave it as no big issue but just wondered if i was doing something wrong  :D  cheers for the pics  :cheers:

de Offline Dr. Bahn

Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 09:40:48 PM
just wondered if i was doing something wrong  :D  cheers for the pics  :cheers:
No, everything is good.  :multi:  I like the black saw in contrast to the polished handles/tool. Cheers  :cheers:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 09:47:04 PM
just wondered if i was doing something wrong  :D  cheers for the pics  :cheers:
No, everything is good.  :multi:  I like the black saw in contrast to the polished handles/tool. Cheers  :cheers:

cheers mate again for the help, yeah i could only get black but do like it as stands out  :tu: im looking forward to testing this tool out this year, ive got a few trips planned plus usualy every day tasks,  :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%