Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Gerber Infinity Ultra (red led) 4.99!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Gerber Infinity Ultra (red led) 4.99!
Reply #30 on: February 18, 2008, 06:37:20 PM
Would applying a reflective foil to the end of the Infinity help?  You said before that it wouldn't help the factory LED, but would it make a difference for one of the fancier LED's that need a reflector?

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #31 on: February 18, 2008, 07:51:00 PM
Would applying a reflective foil to the end of the Infinity help?  You said before that it wouldn't help the factory LED, but would it make a difference for one of the fancier LED's that need a reflector?

Def

It would help the factory LED, but just by a small margin.  If you look at the business end of the Gerber while it is on, you will notice that a small amount of light does bounce off of the recessed part around the LED.  If that recessed part where shiny, that bit of light would be reflected forward.

I know several modders who have disassembled these lights, removed the anodize on the end and polished the recessed part to act as a reflector.  Most of them conclude that the slight improvement is not worth the effort.

Putting one of the newer LEDs in there would be too much effort also, even if the reflector were simple.  Getting the head apart is difficult with these lights, and the hole would have to be bored to fit them.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 07:59:31 PM by NutSAK »
- Terry

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #32 on: February 21, 2008, 09:46:13 AM
finally got my lights today! I do like the silver one, switched it out with my black one on my keychain.
and I agree, seems like a better coating.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%