Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Crazy

ColoSwiss · 2534 · 224238

us Offline Myron

• No Life Club
Re: Crazy
Reply #2460 on: August 02, 2020, 06:07:23 PM
Yes, I think that's the same Black Beauty set I posted over on the Black Beauty thread months ago.  A European member here, can't remember who now, replied and said that the seller had just picked it up on ricardo.ch (Swiss auction site) for 2500 CHF. 

Crazy indeed.

ca Offline Altis

Reply #2461 on: August 02, 2020, 07:06:06 PM
Picked on up in early June.. Been my edc while out in the "Wilds" .. Nice knife..

For sure, I really want one. I can get the solid light-blue one for a reasonable price. Would prefer the black/yellow or black/orange but the prices go way up.

it Offline SirVicaLot

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2462 on: August 02, 2020, 07:27:40 PM
So this then.......   :rofl: 

There seems to be something about these BBs that makes them highly, highly desirable and sought after.
But this is sick ... bad sick ... not cool sick

I like the looks of them. Red shield on black alox looks really good. But the asking prices are beyond reasonable. One of these days I will stumble over one of them at a flea market for $10 or so  :D

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #2463 on: August 03, 2020, 01:37:49 AM
^^^ Me too!     :D    .....Dream on buddy

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #2464 on: August 03, 2020, 06:16:56 PM
Pigs, as requested
(Image removed from quote.)

If we are posting pigs lets at least post a pig with style...  :D

"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

00 Offline jnoxyd

Reply #2465 on: August 04, 2020, 05:03:14 AM
^^^ Me too!     :D    .....Dream on buddy
Hope you guys are more lucky than me! I bought it once for $40, not for $10

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #2466 on: August 04, 2020, 07:25:28 AM
No way  :o   Are you kidding us?  ???  - A Black Beauty for $40 .... That must be less than the original price - Or was it that ?

us Offline Captain Hook

• Don't read this......You rebel you ;)
Reply #2467 on: August 06, 2020, 03:40:12 AM
What's this guy trying to pull!? Better be next day delivery!
20200805_213841.jpg
* 20200805_213841.jpg (Filesize: 63.1 KB)
~Formerly _MattGyver_ ~

us Offline cody6268

Reply #2468 on: August 07, 2020, 05:28:47 PM
What's this guy trying to pull!? Better be next day delivery!

I see that a lot. I think sellers do that as a way to not only charge insane prices, but avoid as much eBay fees. Sneaky, and needs to be stopped.  A seller had a bunch of knives at pretty good prices, but was wanting $15 A KNIFE for shipping. They used a smalll discount, I'm thinking like 15% to get around offering combined shipping. SO, about $30 worth of knives would've been $50 shipping.

us Offline cody6268

Reply #2469 on: September 18, 2020, 03:08:50 AM
Six grand for a mediocre condition SwissChamp? $60 is way too much.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pocket-Knife-Rare/174319153663

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #2470 on: September 18, 2020, 04:15:22 AM
But it's rare and a First Aid Knife      :think:   .......  Gotta be worth $6k     ???

Surely though - It must be a typo    :o

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #2471 on: September 18, 2020, 03:40:52 PM
They could ask for 1 million for all I care. The problem is not the crocked sellers who try to sell stardard stuff or even crap at ridiculous prices, the problem is people with more money than sense who buy them, there for perpetuating the need for that supply to exist.
Supply (honest or dishonest) will only exist as long as the demand exists.
"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #2472 on: September 20, 2020, 07:43:15 AM
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

00 Offline jnoxyd

Reply #2473 on: September 20, 2020, 07:55:10 AM

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #2474 on: September 20, 2020, 07:59:14 AM
RARE BICOLOR PROTOTYPE NEVER PUT ON THE MARKET RARE RARE MUST SEE @@@LOOK@@@

:(
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

gb Offline Rizio Il Ghiro

• No Life Club
Reply #2475 on: September 20, 2020, 09:00:03 AM
Picks jaw up off the floor.....black beauties are nice, but not that nice...... :facepalm:

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #2476 on: September 20, 2020, 07:54:28 PM
They should at least do us the courtesy of listing that at $999 first...then discounting it 55% so we know we’re getting a bargain at $450.

We gotta archive some of these crazies!
If this post has been helpful in dating your Swiss Army Knife, please consider making a small contribution to help keep SAKWiki going

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #2477 on: September 24, 2020, 04:24:43 AM
Crazy isn’t always on the seller’s part...

This seller does a good job of showing the issues with this knife (IMO)...and they clearly state the cracked spacers/liners in the third sale description.

I’m wondering if it’ll go for sale again.
If this post has been helpful in dating your Swiss Army Knife, please consider making a small contribution to help keep SAKWiki going

us Offline cody6268

Reply #2478 on: September 24, 2020, 04:30:15 AM
Crazy isn’t always on the seller’s part...

This seller does a good job of showing the issues with this knife (IMO)...and they clearly state the cracked spacers/liners in the third sale description.

I’m wondering if it’ll go for sale again.

On the other side of crazy, I gave $10 shipped for my 236maU (kinda like a Ranger) of that era (WITH the cracked liners), and I got an Irish Shamrock Classic SD and an older Imperial USA shell handle knife with it in the same lot. I don't get how someone else missed it.

$130 is quite a bit.

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #2479 on: September 24, 2020, 06:56:25 PM
On the other side of crazy, I gave $10 shipped for my 236maU (kinda like a Ranger) of that era (WITH the cracked liners), and I got an Irish Shamrock Classic SD and an older Imperial USA shell handle knife with it in the same lot. I don't get how someone else missed it.

$130 is quite a bit.

Nice. That’s about all they’re worth once the liners crack (IMO). Instantly becomes a ‘for parts’ knife. Especially in vintage Champions...the anodized liners seem to almost all fail at once, and it’s not cheap or easy to source 7 of them for a repair or restoration. Or at least for a ‘correct’ looking resto.

EDIT:
Forgot to attach a pic if the cracked liners from the listings. Clearly shown since the first auction.

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #2480 on: October 22, 2020, 07:48:28 PM
Maybe not *that* crazy...but $193.25 shipped for a c. ‘74 Master Craftsman seem a bit excessive. Though I’d understand more if it were mint and/or in (correct) box! A Wenger box was included.

00 Offline Simon_Templar

• No Life Club
Reply #2481 on: October 22, 2020, 08:04:28 PM
This seems all so ludicrous to me. A question to those of you who have been collecting for a while: just when did the prices of ordinary vintage SAKs started to skyrocket? I like SAKs a lot and would certainly be willing to pay a premium for a vintage model, but at least in Europe Seller expectations on the bay seem completely out of proportion to me. Not a huge problem, I just go for current models and the odd LE, but still it saddens me that I will probably never own a Shuttle SAK :(

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #2482 on: October 22, 2020, 08:47:35 PM
I don’t know when, but I think it’s only getting worse. I do suppose it is worse for items available on the international market, because of the bigger demand ratio. I always expect to pay more when items are sold internationally.

I didn’t think the last couple of shuttles sold in the US were unreasonable at $80 + shipping. But both were used. One c. ‘82 vintage and I think one Japan version.

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #2483 on: October 22, 2020, 09:13:24 PM
I think I posted this one earlier too. Was listed at $299 and $279 before. So I guess $249 is a BARGAIN!!

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #2484 on: October 23, 2020, 08:15:36 AM
In many ways eBay, where it is accessed internationally, distorts the picture. Swiss members have said before, I think, that many of the items that may be uncommon in e.g. the US may be reasonably easy to get there, being just old knives.

The same with mass produced knives from old US companies like US made Camillus and Schrade that can go for a lot of money on eBay, if someone from e.g. Europe wants them, whereas in the US they can be found more easily and locally, as just old used knives.

In general prices for older knives have gone up considerably, on eBay, in the past 10 years.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #2485 on: January 16, 2021, 04:33:22 PM
Looks like Mora raised their prices... :think:

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #2486 on: January 16, 2021, 05:07:16 PM
Yeah but those are Aussie dollars which is like, uh,  300 euros in real money...
And the one I can get here for 16 euros (inc postage) doesn't have anywhere near as many airmiles as one that's gone from Sweden to the States to Oz. So that's something to bear in mind!

bavaria Offline Tomcat_81

Reply #2487 on: January 26, 2021, 09:43:17 PM
Invest in knives, I say to my wife.
Look at that enormous gain in value!
Forget the stock exchange... go for swiss steel.
Sent from my Boconcept sofa, using the 'post'-button

Owing a beer to Whoey since 2016

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #2488 on: January 26, 2021, 10:28:13 PM
Invest in knives, I say to my wife.
Look at that enormous gain in value!
Forget the stock exchange... go for swiss steel.

No kidding. Get the right ones and +100% to +200% gains possible. In as little as a few months.

:whistle:

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #2489 on: February 08, 2021, 05:52:05 AM
This seems all so ludicrous to me. A question to those of you who have been collecting for a while: just when did the prices of ordinary vintage SAKs started to skyrocket?

I reckon its been within my lifetime on this forum - Ie in the last eight years or so.
When I started here I did buy a few older models (although none pre-war) and they were expensive - But affordable to me
Since then I reckon prices have over doubled - and the rest - on the older ones - and this started to happen not long after I started.

So now ....... completely unaffordable
Just like you and your Astronaut - I would love to own an old Spartan / Officers Knife - But I am pretty sure I will never have one     :cry:     
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 09:50:13 AM by Huntsman »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD