Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

No pockets?

Offline TeeJay

No pockets?
on: February 10, 2012, 08:47:11 PM
Just been skimming through, and seeing a lot of pouch talk, but not seeing any mention of pockets ??? I keep my multitool, a small LED torch, and thanks to Badwolf's generousity, a Gerber Shard, all in the watch pocket of my jeans, and housekey, torch and zippo-esque lighter in another pocket without any issue, and just wondered what other folks thoughts on pockets were :)  My every day rucksack, is a simple plain laptop bag I bought several years ago, and modified by swapping the existing strap buckles with two piece clips, for ease of putting on and taking off :)

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Re: No pockets?
Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 08:51:53 PM
I strongly detest sheaths and pouches.  However, because smartphones have gotten bigger, with more intricate touch screens, I find that I can no longer pocket carry a phone.  Generally, at work I have a Vic in one pocket, small flashlight and one piece tool in the other pocket with my keys.

At home on the farm, I have a leatherman in my left front pocket, One piece in right front pocket and my phone, bit cards, Vic farmer and flashlight in a sheath.

I carried my Leathermans in my left rear pocket for years, but they kept jumping ship and I got tired of wandering around pastures with my head down.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 08:55:21 PM
Pockets all the way for me :tu: I've got a bag which accompanies me quite a bit with plenty of goodies in, but most of what I use is pocket carried. It's VERY rare I'll use any form of sheath/pouch. General rule of thumb for me is right front is primary, left front is suplemental and back up ... the actual contents vary greatly though

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

ca Offline Beerplumber

• No Life Club
No pockets?
Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 08:55:31 PM
I'm pro pocket! Lighter, SAK, + lipchap in one side, Kershaw leek + cigs other side , then wallet and iPhone in the back. I usually favour multi's with pocket clips save for the spirit. Mid sizers usually work in pockets it's when you want to carry a surge or ST300 I find are way too much for pocket carry. After all that then you need to find a place for your keys. Love my edc bag for these reasons, empty pockets are so comfy!

Stay multi my friends

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 08:58:14 PM
empty pockets are so comfy!

I can't remember that far back  :P

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

Offline TeeJay

Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 09:10:59 PM
Glad to hear that there're fellow pocket users :tu: I keep my iPhone in my right front pocket, never with anything else though, to prevent it getting scuffed up :) I only tend to keep my bank card in my back pocket if I'm going to use it :)

ca Offline Metropolicity

• No Life Club
  • Hack Virtuoso
Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 06:49:25 PM
I keep this in my backpocket if I don't have a coat on.

I try and keep my front pockets clear, so I put my iPhone in my chest pocket on my coat most times. On occasion if I know I am going to be doing stuff, I'll throw on one of my growing collection of Skinths :)

Why stop now?

Visit the whole Skinth family here: http://www.skinthsolutions.com

Keep up with The Skinths on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SkinthSolutions

Shapeways - Metro's Q-branch:
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/metro-qbranch

PayPal: metrogradegoods [at} gmail. com

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30