Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Awesome pants for MTs

Offline Max Archer

Awesome pants for MTs
on: February 10, 2012, 10:33:25 PM
This might seem like a weird thing to post about, but I just bought a pair of these North Face pants on clearance at REI and they're absolutely amazing for carrying a multitool.

http://www.rei.com/product/817925/the-north-face-dirt-pants-mens-30-inseam

They have a pocket that at first glance looks a lot like the "watch pocket" on jeans, but it's much deeper. It easily swallows a Wave, and it's comfortable to walk around and sit down with it in there. I'm a front pocket wallet person, and having the MT in there doesn't interfere much with getting it out, certainly much less than having an MT clipped into the pocket the normal way. The tool is effectively invisible when inside this pocket, too. They're also quite comfortable, and are made well out of some nice tough material.

Anyway, they're definitely worth a try if they're your style and available in your size.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Awesome pants for MTs
Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 01:10:56 AM
I have been looking at pants like those for a while.  Usually I just wear jeans but I've been getting more and more into cargo pants lately.  I want a nice pair of pants that is comfortable, look nice and are tough enough to stand up to the crap I put them through. 

That's not an easy thing to find...

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Max Archer

Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 03:46:14 AM
Cargo pants are a nice thing if you're in a situation where they work. I wear them when I'm shooting sports and they're great for that. I generally avoid them for normal wear, though, except ones with really subtle cargo pockets.

Kuhl's pants are pretty cool (no pun intended), and they make some awesome cargos. I have a non-cargo pair, and would've bought some cargos except that they didn't have my size at the time. The pocket design on them is really cool, though.

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 06:32:18 PM
A number of manufactures have gone into low profile cargo/tactical pants . 5-11 , Blackhawk spring to mind .

Chris

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 06:38:03 PM
I would be laughed at if i walked outside in the uk with just my pants on  :D  plus ilegal exposure  :rofl:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD
53%