Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Boker plus Vox Access Tool 13944

Newbie Posts: 10
Boker plus Vox Access Tool
« on: September 25, 2010, 11:26:25 PM »
I've been looking for a new keychain pry bar and saw the Boker plus Vox Access Tool listed on Heinnie www.heinnie.com/product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=0&P_ID=5776 Does anyone have one? How does it compare to others? I have an Attwood g3 prybaby, which to be honest I find too small to be use full and a County Comm original pocket widgy bar, which I like, but Titanium always does it for me.
Multitool.org Main Site Manager Zombie Apprentice Posts: 15,287
Re: Boker plus Vox Access Tool
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 11:35:55 AM »
Ooh, I'd not noticed that before, looks good.  Hopefully someone can enlighten us.

Welcome to the forum by the way  :cheers:

I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.
No Life Club Posts: 3,570
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 11:38:40 AM »
Yup, saw it few days ago, and just....  :gimme: :gimme: :gimme:

Planning to get it, if someone beats me to it, please post a review....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
There is method to my madness....
http://svakodnevnesitnice.blogspot.com/
Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod Admin Team Zombie Apprentice Posts: 15,038 I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 01:44:02 AM »
It would rude not to get one of these really!

Heinnie are already out of stock  :(

A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke
Sr. Member Posts: 481 See Saw Seen
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 09:53:35 PM »
Titanium prybar?   :-\

Half-ass done wholeheartedly!
Multitool Enthusiast Admin Team No Life Club Posts: 2,789 Staff Writer
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 02:27:58 AM »
That definatly looks seweet!  :drool:
No Life Club Posts: 4,496 <*();::::::::;~
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 06:52:34 AM »
I like this one.  :tu:  Anyone know if it's going to be available in the states?

Sometimes change is a good thing, other times not so much!
New User Posts: 4
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 06:40:51 PM »
Let's hope they bring them to the US.
No Life Club Posts: 4,230 I just don't know what went wrong.
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 04:19:24 AM »

Seconded! I want this little pretty. :-X

Got those frog legs.
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,379
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 03:50:43 PM »

Seconded! I want this little pretty. :-X

Thirdeded. D
No Life Club Posts: 1,223 His name is Robert Paulson.
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 01:50:48 AM »
Titanium prybar?   :-\

Exactly what I was thinking. I suppose you can pry aluminum with it?

G
No Life Club Posts: 4,496 <*();::::::::;~
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 04:12:45 AM »

Sometimes change is a good thing, other times not so much!
New User Posts: 1
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2011, 03:43:19 PM »
Just posted this over on Bladeforums:

I ordered a couple of these a couple weeks ago and put one on each of my key-sets. I'm very impressed with the quality, it's a very well-made little tool. The carabiner function is a great idea. The gate is small and stiff, but I think that's pretty much what you'd want.

I think it's well worth the price, but it's not perfect. I'm planning to ease the corners all the way around to make it more comfortable to carry and use. Never done that with Ti, but I assume I can use a stone/file/sandpaper. Anyone with experience I'd be grateful to hear about it.

I'm not sold on the utility of the carbide glass breaker. Not sure I could get a good enough grip on the tool to make it work, and if I did the sharp prying tip would be buried in my palm and I can easily see it cutting my hand. Plus in an emergency situation (car in the water, need to break a window) with a full-on adrenaline dump I think it would be tough to peel back those tight little O-rings to expose the carbide.

But again, overall it's a nice piece, with the cool factor/strength/lightness of Ti, at a reasonable price. I'll probably order a few more to have for convenient man-gifts. Now I'm just looking for a chance to actually use it.

ETA: "Access Tool" sounds more like a prybar you'd use to open a door. Not the most accurate name for a 3.5" keychain tool.

ETA: The place where the carbide tip is would be a great spot for a screwdriver tip.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 03:47:48 PM by Ritt »
Keeper Of The PowerCut Admin Team Zombie Apprentice Posts: 16,887 - Allan

AHB dk

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2011, 11:25:52 PM »
Sound like some really good observations Ritt...  :salute:
Thanks for sharing and welcome to MT.Org..  :cheers:

"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius."
Admin Team Point Of No Return Posts: 33,891
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2011, 11:30:28 PM »
Yup, always nice to hear some first hand experience.  Welcome to the forum Ritt.  :cheers:

Try not to be the person who blunders around and causes everyone else to get out the way.  Everyone else thinks you're a utter...
No Life Club Posts: 1,176

Woz at

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 10:57:22 PM »
UP!

Are there any "new" owners of this little tool? I searched, but could not find many reviews worth reading on it.

edc-reviews.blogspot.com
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2011, 04:21:10 AM »
I'm not an owner, but I handled one at SMKW yesterday, along with the Schrade one-piece tool; I wasn't impressed by either, honestly.  The Boker is too light, IMO, with it being titanium, though individual impressions my vary. :/
Newbie Posts: 21
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2011, 02:19:39 PM »
I have one and, even if I don't put it under stress test, every time i need it it worked.. so if you are looking for the ultimate pocket pry bar probably this won't fill the bill but if you look for a small one to have with you this can be usefull since it is small and lightweight

On a side note: Jasper Vox(naes) is a very good knifemaker and an avid knife and tool user, designing both for his own firm and for Boker: all the stuff he make is top notch and he would have never put his name (and his hard earned reputation for that matter) on a poorly performing tool.

Cris out
Newbie Posts: 33
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2011, 08:13:09 PM »
I'm not an owner, but I handled one at SMKW yesterday, along with the Schrade one-piece tool; I wasn't impressed by either, honestly.  The Boker is too light, IMO, with it being titanium, though individual impressions my vary. :/

I was there in late June also and they told me the didn't have them and looked at me like I was stupid.
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2011, 08:31:04 PM »

I was there in late June also and they told me the didn't have them and looked at me like I was stupid.

It was somewhat hidden between their pocket knives; probably midway from either end of their Boker displays, effectively hidden behind the glass door overlap in the middle.  Very easy to miss. :/
Head Turd Polisher Administrator Just Bananas Posts: 62,263 Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2011, 12:12:12 AM »
I played with one at SHOT and I like it a lot.  I have been eying the ones Travis has listed in the Multitool.org store on EDCSource. 

Def

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.
Jr. Member Posts: 89
Boker plus Vox Access Tool
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2012, 03:56:37 PM »
Any members that have picked up one of these in the meantime? I've got one and was wondering if it is a numbered item, I've got 4999 stamped in the carabiner part of it...

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
November Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: $123.79
PayPal Fees: $7.60
Net Balance: $116.19
Below Goal: $183.81
Site Currency: USD
39%