Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

[Sold] Pocket Watches

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
[Sold] Pocket Watches
on: February 22, 2012, 11:05:36 PM
US ONLY

PAYPAL

Up for sale are two pocket watches. They are both Ingraham's. One is a Viceroy and the other is a Autocrat. They are NOT 100% functional. I am not sure whats wrong with them. They are Vintage pocket watches MADE IN THE USA. I was told 1940-1950's. I believe there is a date under the back cover. I will pop it off and get some more pictures after I finish this thread. I'm going to be straight up with you and tell you I paid $20 a piece for them. I am willing to take a small loss on these. With what I spent and gas/time I have around $60 in both. I'm looking for $40 shipped for both. Thank you for looking looking and feel free to PM me with any questions.  :tu:

« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 12:49:53 PM by AHB »
I'm the milk man!

ca Offline Suveges

Re: WTS: Pocket Watches
Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 11:15:20 PM
If you're willing to ship to Canada I'll take 'em (plus extra shipping of course).  My old university rommate is now neighbours with an old retired German watchmaker, he could fix those right up!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 11:22:00 PM
If you're willing to ship to Canada I'll take 'em (plus extra shipping of course).  My old university rommate is now neighbours with an old retired German watchmaker, he could fix those right up!

I prefer not to ship outside the US. Is anyone willing to help out?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 11:36:31 PM by captain spaulding »
I'm the milk man!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 02:27:26 AM

If you ship to me, I'll ship to him....  :pok:

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 02:45:58 AM

If you ship to me, I'll ship to him....  :pok:

Def

How nice of you.  :D
I'm the milk man!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 04:02:33 AM
I'm nothing if not helpful!  :D

Def

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline Suveges

Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 05:49:59 AM
How about this?  I'll paypal you 60 USD, you ship the cheapest way possible for you.  If they get here, they get here if they don't, they don't.

I'm not so much interested in the watches themselves as I am in watching Hans (the retired German watchmaker) do his thing. 

Let me digress into a story:

My wife and I visited my old roommate and his family earlier this year.  Him and I went over to the neighbours place to invite them to the BBQ we were having.  They accepted and a few german beers later we were talking about watches (my old roommate is a big watch fan too).  So old roommate has this super old Elgin pocket watch from his grandpa.  Hans says "no problem, i fix".  Down to his basement we go where he has this huge workbench with all this old watchmaking stuff and a ton of old parts.  This guy doesn't really work on anything after 1960.  Opened 'er up, replaced all the hands and gears, put it back together, good as new.  It was a joy to watch.  After he told me "you bring old pocket watch, I show you how to fix".

So, for my 60 bux that's way better than a dinner or a few movies, I get to see an old master at his craft and I may learn something.

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 06:03:07 AM
How about this?  I'll paypal you 60 USD, you ship the cheapest way possible for you.  If they get here, they get here if they don't, they don't.

I'm not so much interested in the watches themselves as I am in watching Hans (the retired German watchmaker) do his thing. 

Let me digress into a story:

My wife and I visited my old roommate and his family earlier this year.  Him and I went over to the neighbours place to invite them to the BBQ we were having.  They accepted and a few german beers later we were talking about watches (my old roommate is a big watch fan too).  So old roommate has this super old Elgin pocket watch from his grandpa.  Hans says "no problem, i fix".  Down to his basement we go where he has this huge workbench with all this old watchmaking stuff and a ton of old parts.  This guy doesn't really work on anything after 1960.  Opened 'er up, replaced all the hands and gears, put it back together, good as new.  It was a joy to watch.  After he told me "you bring old pocket watch, I show you how to fix".

So, for my 60 bux that's way better than a dinner or a few movies, I get to see an old master at his craft and I may learn something.

I completely agree with learning/watching is worth the money. PM me and I will give you my e-mail to send the Paypal funds to. Once the money clears I will ship them out.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 06:07:55 AM
These beauties are SPF to Suveges.
I'm the milk man!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 06:19:06 AM
Payment has been received and they are officially gone.  :salute:
I'm the milk man!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20