Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

wenger swissgrip

Offline muleysniper

• New User
wenger swissgrip
on: February 21, 2012, 05:12:28 AM
hi guys. been cleaning out some things and either placing on ebay, or specialty forums such as this. i have here, with thanks to this site and some searching, a wegner swissgrip in black. i am the original owner as i remember getting it as a gift when i was in my teens. i am now 31 so i am assuming the manufacture date is somewhere in the 90s but i am uncertain which year exactly. i never carried or used this tool other than when i was scrambling for a philips and didnt want to go to the garage. its sat in my nightstand over the years, boxed away at times and has spent the last 5 or 6 years living in the top drawer of our wine cabinet :D over the years i have misplaced the carry case so it is just the bare tool. no other items that may have come with it originally. ive attached two pictures. in the one showing it opened, i forgot to pull out the saw but yes it is there :D  im asking $100 plus some shipping charges. prefer united states shipping only. paypal payment. the pics are somewhat poor, i can send more detailed pictures to anyone more interested. thanks! ps. sorry for the poor typing, my shift key is broken on my computer. :)
DSC_3957.JPG
* DSC_3957.JPG (Filesize: 84.38 KB)
DSC_3958.JPG
* DSC_3958.JPG (Filesize: 151.22 KB)

us Offline Bruce909

Re: wenger swissgrip
Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 07:00:33 AM
Welcome to the forum!  You might consider going to the New Member Forum and posting a introduction.

Nice first post wanting $ 100 for a incomplete Swiss Grip.  By the way how did you type the $ symbol without a shift key? 

Bruce

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 10:57:53 AM
By the way how did you type the $ symbol without a shift key? 

$$$

ALT+036 ;)
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

Offline muleysniper

• New User
Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 03:25:41 PM
lol i get creative....google money symbol and see what you come up with ;) copy, paste. done deal. yeah just fishing on the price. im going to look around, i was thinking last night i may know where the case is. thanks for your concern on my first post also. im not at all a fan nor collector of multi tools. just looking to sell a item that isnt too common, like i said in my original post, thought id try a specialty forum before i put it on ebay. i honestly dont know what a fair price would be to start out asking. id rather go high and get razzed then sell low and have it sell in 5 minutes.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 03:31:52 PM by muleysniper »

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 04:18:18 PM
You could also try to sell in on EDC Source :tu:
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

Offline muleysniper

• New User
Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 10:14:51 PM
You could also try to sell in on EDC Source :tu:

cool thank you :)
oh and if i am delusional on the price i wouldnt mind if someone let me know what these typically sell for used in this type of condition? im open to offers. thanks again.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:55:40 PM by muleysniper »

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 01:29:39 AM
Hi Muley, welcome to Multitool.org! :salute: No problem at all with fishing for a good price. Either someone will pay it.....or they won't. :D Either way there's no harm in testing the waters. :)

The Swiss Grip has been out of production for several years now, but last year Wenger, utilizing leftover stock, made up an exclusive batch of them for Multitool.org. Some of these are still available through Felinevet, who currently has them listed for $124.99 on EDCSource:

http://www.edcsource.com/WENGER-MultiToolorg-SWISS-GRIP-SWISS-ARMY-KNIFE-TOOL,name,110701,auction_id,auction_details

I would guess a slightly used one like yours might fetch $60-$70...? :think: Maybe add another $10 to that if you can find the case.

Hope that helps,
Bob :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline muleysniper

• New User
Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 02:09:24 AM
hey thanks for the info bob! i spent a little time searching this tool since there are no visible part numbers or any identifying marks at least i could find. actually just learned it is called a swissgrip yesterday lol. id probably hang on to it but since im scraping up funds to pay for other hunting gear i actually will use i wont have any regrets selling this guy. :)  as far as multi tools, i find myself using my sog more than anything. thanks again.

us Offline stressmaster5000

• No Life Club
  • No PM's - just email please
Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 06:54:30 AM
Just an FYI --I bought a used one (black Swissgrip) on eBay just in the last 45 days and it sold for under $40 including the shipping here in the US. It was used and showed it but not abused. It also was missing the bits and case and spring that holds the bit holder too. I got it for a user and stuck it in my glove box. I might be abl to find the original sales auction url.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%