Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What do you have for Gloves?

br Offline Santos

• No Life Club
  • Product of 83
What do you have for Gloves?
on: March 27, 2012, 10:58:48 AM
anyone here rock gloves for work?

I'm trying to find some work gloves that fit like... well gloves.  Basically want something thats skin-tight, light weight, doesn't affect dexterity to much and is suited for mechanical work, improptu welding etc. They will be used 'occasionally when the occasion demands it'

Most of the stuff available locally at the hardware is poor quality, and the pricing doesnt scale. its also predominantly synthetic and i wouldn't trust it to sparks etc

I've been silently praying that i stumble upon vintage driving gloves in my size but i don't like my chances
“A good plan isn't one where someone wins, it's where nobody thinks they've lost.”
- Terry Pratchett

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: What do you have for Gloves?
Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 03:21:31 PM
I have a set of these:

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/high-dexterity-all-purpose-gloves-small/922556

Not skin tight but then I have thin fingers, and this is about as close as I'm likely to get.  Plus I have a thin set of gloves I often wear under them when the weather gets cold.  If it's even colder (which admittedly is probably not an issue for you in Portugal!) I stuff a small heater pack in them.  These have lasted me a couple of years and I like them a lot.  I also have a couple of pairs of gloves like these:

http://www2.marks.com/ProductDetails.asp?categoryID=-1&productID=296

I tend to stick to mechanic gloves as I need to be able to use my fingers at work, whether I'm climbing on equipment or writing notes.  I also use them around the house for any work that needs to be done.

You can also look for cycling and other sports gloves as you may find what you need there.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

br Offline Santos

• No Life Club
  • Product of 83
Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 03:05:14 PM
never been to Portugal   :cheers:

I'm a southern hemisphere type... Rio de Janeiro Brazil and Sydney, Australia are the two cities i call home.  :salute:

I appreciate the help though... just hard to find something when S, M & L are hardly indicative of fit on the net. Ussually i'd say i was a small M or large S . Seen some aviator pilot gloves that look promising on ebay.
“A good plan isn't one where someone wins, it's where nobody thinks they've lost.”
- Terry Pratchett

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 07:36:26 PM
I've found this place has great prices, and a great selection.  Don't have a pair from them myself, but a good friend has bought from them and he speaks highly of them.

http://www.northamericantrading.com/WorkAndOutdoor.asp
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 11:32:11 PM
never been to Portugal   :cheers:

I'm a southern hemisphere type... Rio de Janeiro Brazil and Sydney, Australia are the two cities i call home.  :salute:

I appreciate the help though... just hard to find something when S, M & L are hardly indicative of fit on the net. Ussually i'd say i was a small M or large S . Seen some aviator pilot gloves that look promising on ebay.

Sorry buddy- I meant to say Brazil but said Portugal for some dumb reason...  ::)  One of these days my fingers will speed up to my brain's level or my brain will slow down to my fingers and I may accidentally get something right!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%