Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What to do with pics?

Biru · 9 · 1864

Offline Biru

What to do with pics?
on: April 27, 2012, 04:51:04 PM
I've got to clean out my Photobucket account in a bit. While the loss of a couple of girlie pics in the "Women Thread" won't be a big deal, the broken links will cripple the "Cheapo Multitool" thread, which is a much more useful thread, I can't seem to modify or edit the posts to install the pics directly.

My question: Can you mods put the pics in "Cheapo Multitools" permanently in the thread?

Thanks for any help.

Bill.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: What to do with pics?
Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 05:32:14 PM
I've sent this link to Whoey- he may have a solution.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Biru

Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 05:57:28 PM
Thanks. I've got the pics so I can upload them again directly from my computer. The "Cheapo Multitools" thread is really the only big deal. There's certainly enough girlie pics in the "Women Thread" that two of Avril, one Kelly Monaco and one of Zira from "Planet of the Apes" won't be a big loss.

Regards and Thanks, Bill.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 06:20:59 PM
Thanks. I've got the pics so I can upload them again directly from my computer. The "Cheapo Multitools" thread is really the only big deal. There's certainly enough girlie pics in the "Women Thread" that two of Avril, one Kelly Monaco and one of Zira from "Planet of the Apes" won't be a big loss.

Regards and Thanks, Bill.

Just talking to Whoey at the moment and it seems like the best bet might be to just upload them as attachments to new posts.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 07:38:30 PM
just open another account  ;)

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 07:48:44 PM
just open another account  ;)

I'd do that. Actually I'm gonna do that, download all of my old pics I have on photobucket, organise them in specific folders and use these for future posts. And remember not to upload 500+ unnamed pics to a single folder. Much simpler than changing posts in hundreds of threads in a couple forums over a few years. Just leave the ones you have posted and start over.

Offline Biru

Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 08:25:13 PM
That wouldn't be a big deal, but the problem would be the same, wouldn't it? I can't get into the old posts to add the image location on the new account. If I could get into the post, I'd simply replace the PB image link with the actual picture upload. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

So if I understand, Whooey says to create a new "Cheapo Multitools" thread?

Thanks, Bill.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 08:31:23 PM
Not the Women thread,  :facepalm: please do not hurt the women thread....  :ahhh
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 08:42:17 PM
That wouldn't be a big deal, but the problem would be the same, wouldn't it? I can't get into the old posts to add the image location on the new account. If I could get into the post, I'd simply replace the PB image link with the actual picture upload. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

So if I understand, Whooey says to create a new "Cheapo Multitools" thread?

Thanks, Bill.

No, I say leave all the pics in this photobucket account as they are and forget about it. Use it as an archive. Open up a new one for your new pics. I wanted to reorganise my PB account fora long time but there are too many pics out there in threads I don't even know I posted in and some other people have used my pics in their posts too. Just yesterday I stumbled upon a thread from a year ago over on EDCF where someone used one of my pics to describe something. I don't know how many pics you have, but starting of fresh seems to be the simplest solution.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%