Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

How rare is your 2011 GEC knife?

dks · 5 · 1860

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
How rare is your 2011 GEC knife?
on: March 12, 2012, 07:02:04 PM
GEC published the 2011 production figures, so you can see how many exactly ;) like yours were made.

http://greateasterncutlery.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/2011-Production-Totals.pdf

There are around 32 more like the ones I have!

for older ones check:

http://greateasterncutlery.net/blog/information/
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

de Offline Jmora

Re: How rare is your 2011 GEC knife?
Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 01:28:34 PM
I can't tell if mine are 'rare' or not. I am not so convinced by this sort of manufactured collectibility of small runs and serial numbers, or non-serial numbers, prototypes.

On the other hand, I really like that GEC put out so many different knives, rather than large runs of just a few patterns. Its just nice to have variety.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 05:00:15 PM
I can't tell if mine are 'rare' or not. I am not so convinced by this sort of manufactured collectibility of small runs and serial numbers, or non-serial numbers, prototypes.

On the other hand, I really like that GEC put out so many different knives, rather than large runs of just a few patterns. Its just nice to have variety.

Maybe yours is a 2012 model?
  :think:

What they do is make a model but have several versions of it using various handle materials, brand names... so that even though there could be a lot more similar to the one you buy, the ones exactly like yours (same model and handles material and brand and even year) are not that many.
Serialised ones seem to cost about $10 more, though in all other ways they are the same as the regular ones.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

de Offline Jmora

Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 12:42:52 PM
I did actually find my model numbers, but I wasn't sure if the number of pieces meant that it was rare or not. I have heard that the non-serialized ones can actually also go for higher prices sometimes.

00 Offline Dtrain

• "Southbound Whatchya Leave Behind Ya?"
Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 04:17:24 PM
All I know rare or not I love my 73!
"It seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time"

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30