Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Very disapointed

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Very disapointed
on: May 25, 2013, 11:29:22 PM
The weather has been pretty crappy all week and well, the rain stopped for a little bit today and it was warm, so I decided to say screw it, I'm going kayaking.

As I loaded up the boat I started to notice a slight problem- the wind was picking up.  By the time I got to the canal and unloaded my boat it had picked up a bit more- so much in fact that the Deep Cut section of the canal which is almost always perfectly calm had ripples on it.   :ahhh

Once I got to the end of the canal and it opened into Lake Charles I could feel the wind getting pretty intense, and as I got out onto the lake I could really feel it.  I still didn't realize how bad it was until I looked down and realized I'd been surfing on the waves kicked up by the wind.

I got about a quarter of the way out onto the lake and decided that I'd better start heading back while I still could.  As I turned around I noticed whitecaps starting to form and I was glad that I had the sense to turn around when I did.  Many times I have made great time out on this lake only to find out it's a major struggle to get back.  This was no exception, and paddling as hard as I could into the wind meant that I was barely making headway back.

All told I was out for just over half an hour and covered a little less than 2 miles.

It was a bit disappointing, but it's the longest trip I've been able to make this year, so I'm glad I got out at all.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Re: Very disapointed
Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 11:56:56 PM
Hey, at least you got to get out! JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 12:24:08 AM
Yeah, I have to look on the bright side and appreciate that at least.  Plus it's always fun to see water crashing over the bow of a boat.  It wasn't so bad that the bow was going completely under as it has in the past- that's a neat feeling, seeing the thing that's keeping you above water suddenly going under!  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 06:35:59 AM
Yeah, I have to look on the bright side and appreciate that at least.  Plus it's always fun to see water crashing over the bow of a boat.  It wasn't so bad that the bow was going completely under as it has in the past- that's a neat feeling, seeing the thing that's keeping you above water suddenly going under!  :D

Def
Hey even I got to see that happen, but I was stuck inside watching it on tv watching "the perfect storm" and "Poseidon" don't get me wrong it was life like in blu ray and surround sound, but they still don't have smell avision or feel avision :rofl: ! JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 08:34:20 AM
Should of got someone to chuck a bucket of water over you jr, you at least would of had splashavision  :rofl: glad you got back safely def  :salute:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 12:45:41 PM
A Perfect Storm?  Bah, that was nothing compared to my Day At The Beach!

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%