Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

How long does it take for LM to turn around a repair : Got it back

us Offline eodtech

• No Life Club
  • Rule #9 - Never go anywhere without a knife.
Just wonder when I can expect to get my WAVE back by LM Warranty Service.

11/29/06 -  Got a brand new LM Wave 1st generation tool today from LM warranty service - the first one they sent got ripped off by UPS and it never made it here. With a recent purchase on another forum I now have 2 brand new - WAVE 1st generation tools sitting here along with the Universal Tool Adapter accessory. This makes a nice setup and the two full size blades with working scissors are the icing on the cake.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 02:02:38 AM by eodtech »
Why do I carry a 45 ?
Because they don't make a 46 !

Offline colubrid

Re: How long does it take for LM to turn around a repair ??
Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 05:17:28 AM
Just hope it does not get returned rusted.

us Offline eodtech

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 09:24:36 PM
Just got off the phone with LM Repair Center. From the time they receive the tool it's 3 to 4 weeks before you get it back in your paws.
LM is pretty backed up with repairs now.
Why do I carry a 45 ?

Offline colubrid

Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 02:18:59 AM
when I received my rusted core back I called them and they said just clean it up (gave me the LM rust speach) or send it back and go through the wait. I told them I would go to walmart and buy another Core and then return it with the rusted on in the package. They did not seem to mind this idea.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 03:01:25 AM
It took about 2-3 weeks before I got my Super Tool back, but then that was the contractor that handles Leatherman warranty issues in Canada so I guess that's not much help.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline eodtech

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 01:25:41 AM
I have been waiting a week for UPS to deliver my 1st generation WAVE that was sent in for repairs. The WAVE was due to be delivered today and when it did not show up by 5PM I ran the tracking number and got this message ......MERCHANDISE IS MISSING. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH ADDITIONAL DETAILS.;ALL MERCHANDISE MISSING, EMPTY CARTON WAS DISCARDED. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH DETAILS OF THE DAMAGE !!!! Boy was i pi$$ed, I called LM and the person I talked to advised they had received the info from UPS this AM and a NEW 1st Generation LM was on it's way to me ( LM advised they still stock NEW 1st Generation WAVEs for warranty replacement )- it shipped from LM this afternoon. The bad news is they are sending it via land AND UPS is not working this Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday.  Looks like I won't get the WAVE until November 30th, unless someone else decides they need a new WAVE. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  On the good news front the post office delivered my first $44.99 SwissTool RS from Amazon today.

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 01:27:15 AM by eodtech »
Why do I carry a 45 ?

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Wow... I hate it when that happens!  At the very least they sent it insured so you will get one.

I wouldn't want to be the UPS guy that shows up to your house next week!  It's ok to shoot the messenger when he's the one responsable, right?

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%