Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Question about Wenger 85mm Combo Tool

Offline evanPGH

Question about Wenger 85mm Combo Tool
on: March 28, 2012, 02:35:45 PM
I've never owned a knife with this tool and I'm wondering if the screwdriver will work as a phillips. It's hard to get an idea of the width of the tip from just looking at pictures. Thanks all!

sg Offline demonoflust

Re: Question about Wenger 85mm Combo Tool
Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 04:04:25 PM
I think not, like the combo tool on the Victorinox it can only fit Large Flat head screw. I try those hex commonly use on computer, it is a bit too large. The screw driver on the regular can opener of the Victorinox will fit. Then, Wenger doesn't have screw driver on the can opener. What I do on my Wenger Traveler was to file down the finger nail file.

Many of the 2-3 layers Victorinox/Wenger doesn't have sissors or combo tool but scarify the phillips head. So my solution? Carry a Rambler, it has sissors, nail file that can fit common phillips and even better a small phillips on the bottle opener combo tools. When I'm out I need to bring my key so the small SAKs is forever with me.

spam Offline J Mackrel Jones

Re: Question about Wenger 85mm Combo Tool
Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 10:36:22 PM
Yes the Wenger combi-tool does work on phillips screws.  The pointy part is the right shape for phillips, the square end is for regular slotted.
The work takes on a life unplanned
and the painter finds the painting directs the hand

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21