Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Today's Mail

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Today's Mail
on: November 16, 2006, 03:02:27 AM
Imagine how happy I was to come home and find a good sized box from Tim!  I greedily opened it up to find my new Vistorinox Farmers (one red, one blue and one silver), a LM Juice XE6 and a SOG Pocket Power Pliers!

First impressions of both tools are pretty well good, but not what I was expecting.  For example, the PPP(fullsized multi) is 143g, while the XE6 (small multi) is 188g!  In fact, the XE6 is heavier than many full sized multis including the SideClip, Kick, PST and PST II, Switch Plier and the Buck Tool!  Shape wise it kind of reminds me of a half sized AutoTool. 

The PPP is a really nice tool.  I am impressed with it so far, but much of that is the nice sheath it comes with.  SOG makes nice sheaths and this one is no exception.  There are a few things that I noticed right away that I am not a big fan of, but I'll leave that for the detailed review that should be along shortly.

I think I am going to start by carrying the XE6 tomorrow.  Lately I have been carrying the Kf4 alot and so I will see if the extra size is as significant in use as it is in appearance.  One quick change I iwll make to it though is the addition of the Victorinox mini screwdriver added to the corkscrew.  Handy little thing that no corkscrew should be without.

I have noticed one problem with the XE6 so far that I am really not happy with.  The flatheads are so tight in the handle that I have snapped my thumbnail trying to get it out.  None of my other Juice models had this problem, and I am hoping it will go away with use.  In order to open them I need to use another tool.  Not a big deal since I also carry a SAK, but if I am pulling out the SAK anyways, I probably won't use the multi.

All in all, I am happy with them so far.  Time will tell the rest!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Re: Today's Mail
Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 08:23:57 AM
I got 2 Farmers in the mail today also. Blue and Silver 8)
"

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD