Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

THE MATRIX 4 AND 5

us Offline tattoosteve99

• Absolutely No Life Club
THE MATRIX 4 AND 5
on: April 08, 2012, 03:12:55 AM
Omg I'm such a fan I would sell my most prized sak to see theses. Here's a link. I'm too excited.

http://m.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/jan/24/matrix-4-keanu-reeves-wachowski?cat=film&type=article
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: THE MATRIX 4 AND 5
Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 03:47:44 AM
The idea seems kind of lame to me... the idea of reviving a story like this after it's already been completed strikes me as a "We're out of money and going to try and milk the thing that made us rich before" sort of thing. 

Plus, isn't Neo dead?

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline tattoosteve99

THE MATRIX 4 AND 5
Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 04:38:07 AM
No Neo isn't ded. That was a part that was never known. I am looking forward to the rest of the story. There is some loose ends that needs to be tied up. If anyone read the comics then they know what else is in store.

au Offline mvyrmnd

• Tupperware Hunter
Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 07:56:29 AM
They've got a lot to prove after 2 and 3...
Just don't say fecal coagulation.  :twak: - Mr. Whippy

ca Offline jekostas

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 08:45:04 AM
"Monday 24 January 2011"

You would think we'd had heard something at this point.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 09:11:40 AM
Yes the 3rd  one was depressing at the end.
Maybe a better ending is needed, like they did with the last Rocky film.
I see some resurrections, curing of blindness etc to make it more interesting.

and Keanu needs the work too!
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 04:29:51 PM
4 and 5? I deny any existence of either Matrix 2 or 3! The Matrix was a cool movie, too bad they never made any sequels.  :D

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 04:59:34 PM
lol same for me, I loved the first one and wish I didnt watch any others.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

us Offline Pacu

Reply #8 on: April 08, 2012, 05:27:00 PM
4 and 5? I deny any existence of either Matrix 2 or 3! The Matrix was a cool movie, too bad they never made any sequels.  :D

this

and i want Peter Jackson or Ridley Scott to make a Gremlins reboot...or Guillermo del Toro  :gimme:
:like:    :MTO:

us Offline tattoosteve99

THE MATRIX 4 AND 5
Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 07:16:40 PM
It is fate that they should make more. The brothers wrote this novel had much more to put in it. I have done countless hours of research searching for more info. I find some that says it will happen and some say it was fake. None the less I'd sell my most prized SAKs to see it, if I was broke that is.

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #10 on: April 08, 2012, 07:49:45 PM
The first Matrix was absolutely great, but the second and third was just... Meh.. :P :P
We actually walked out of the cinema after watching 30 or 40 minutes of the second movie.. ::) ::)

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: April 08, 2012, 11:53:25 PM
Interesting idea.  I'd go see them if they actually do come out.

However, I was of the opinion that Neo dies at the end of Revolutions.  The way it ended seemed pretty conclusive that he does.  So, I'd think the premise of any follow-ups would be pretty contrived. 

Idea-wise and script-wise, Matrix was the best; action-wise and cool FX-wise, Reloaded was the best (best music too!)
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

us Offline turnsouth

• No Life Club
  • There is no spoon
Reply #12 on: April 09, 2012, 03:54:51 AM
However, I was of the opinion that Neo dies at the end of Revolutions.  The way it ended seemed pretty conclusive that he does.

Years ago I had heard that if the movies had ever gone on, that the brothers had intended to have Neo's physical body die but that his mind would be written into a program (like the Oracle, Seraph, etc), and then he would become an Android that would strive to bridge the divide between the humans and machines as they worked together to clear the sky.
Never underestimate the power of the fleece

au Offline mvyrmnd

• Tupperware Hunter
Re: Re: THE MATRIX 4 AND 5
Reply #13 on: April 09, 2012, 04:18:20 AM
However, I was of the opinion that Neo dies at the end of Revolutions.  The way it ended seemed pretty conclusive that he does.

Years ago I had heard that if the movies had ever gone on, that the brothers had intended to have Neo's physical body die but that his mind would be written into a program (like the Oracle, Seraph, etc), and then he would become an Android that would strive to bridge the divide between the humans and machines as they worked together to clear the sky.

That feels a bit too much 'lived happily ever after' for me.
Just don't say fecal coagulation.  :twak: - Mr. Whippy

us Offline turnsouth

• No Life Club
  • There is no spoon
Re: Re: THE MATRIX 4 AND 5
Reply #14 on: April 09, 2012, 04:43:44 AM
That feels a bit too much 'lived happily ever after' for me.

Not necessarily, I mean Neo would have to face the prospect of living forever with the pain of losing Trinity, as well as having to fight his prejudice against the machines of which he would now be a part. Not to mention the entire race of humans who once worshiped him would now likely hold him in contempt.

I think it would make an excellent contrasting juxtaposition. If written well, it could be quite compelling.

us Offline tattoosteve99

THE MATRIX 4 AND 5
Reply #15 on: April 09, 2012, 05:45:16 AM
Well written huh? I believe the brothers can handle that ;). I really don't think he or his body is dead. I look into the whole movies for answers though. At the end when he and Mr Smith join together the machines use him to end smith so to speak. When the machines carry him off he is still glowing in light. Also the oracle says she believes he will be back "someday". Also in the animatrix and the comics. Yeah I know it's weird but this movie inspired me to do deep thinking on other possibilities of life and existence. 

us Offline turnsouth

• No Life Club
  • There is no spoon
Reply #16 on: April 09, 2012, 02:51:00 PM
When the machines carry him off he is still glowing in light. Also the oracle says she believes he will be back "someday".

That would fit perfectly with what I heard

Yeah I know it's weird but this movie inspired me to do deep thinking on other possibilities of life and existence.

Not surprising at all considering that the movies were written to include pretty much all the available philosophies on life and existence.

I believe the brothers can handle that

Technically they really aren't "Brothers" anymore...

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: April 09, 2012, 04:02:39 PM
The machines carrying away Neo definitely gave off an “carrying Arthur away to Avalon vibe”. In versions of the ballad including Avalon, I seem to remember Arthur is supposed to return when the need for him is the greatest. (Just as Francis Drake and I guess quite a lot of other guys.)

“Whoo-hoo-hoo, look who knows so much. It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.”

us Offline turnsouth

• No Life Club
  • There is no spoon
Reply #18 on: April 09, 2012, 04:12:39 PM
"...go through his pockets and look for loose change."
 :rofl:

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: April 09, 2012, 04:16:30 PM
Exactly.  :D

ca Offline Beerplumber

• No Life Club
THE MATRIX 4 AND 5
Reply #20 on: April 09, 2012, 04:23:30 PM
Isn't Neo a reincarnation anyways? The next movies could be a new "avatar" so to speak? Set like 100 years later maybe? I love the way the matrix created this whole world of endless story possibilities. I would even watch a movie set pre-matrix. Prequels would make great cinema. This is why I like starwars, tonnes of great stories that have nothing to do with Anakin skywalker. 

Stay multi my friends

us Offline turnsouth

• No Life Club
  • There is no spoon
Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 04:34:07 PM
I believe that Neo was a clone, who was genetically preprogrammed with an innate love for all mankind, and a "second sight" that allowed him to naturally see and reach beyond the confines (rules) of the Matrix.

But that is the point isn't it? No matter how much the machines or the humans tried to declare their superiority and uniqueness, as well as their lack of need for each other, in reality they were totally dependent on each other and it required a blending of both life forms in order to survive.

il Offline Threeme2189

• No Life Club
  • When in doubt, use a bigger hammer.
Reply #22 on: April 09, 2012, 07:22:33 PM
The machines carrying away Neo definitely gave off an “carrying Arthur away to Avalon vibe”. In versions of the ballad including Avalon, I seem to remember Arthur is supposed to return when the need for him is the greatest. (Just as Francis Drake and I guess quite a lot of other guys.)

“Whoo-hoo-hoo, look who knows so much. It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.”
"...go through his pockets and look for loose change."
 :rofl:

Now that's a good movie!

My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die!
 :duel:
Chuck Norris' preferred iron supplement is rebar.

us Offline turnsouth

• No Life Club
  • There is no spoon
Reply #23 on: April 09, 2012, 07:31:16 PM
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die!
 :duel:

Stop saying that!

:D

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
Reply #24 on: April 09, 2012, 08:26:04 PM
I don't think that Neo was a clone, but like all the previous anomalies, all the events in his life were the dumping ground for the remainders of other computations that took place in the matrix.  Sort of like the rounding thing in the computer book keeping from Superman, and Office Space.  All the left overs from the various calculations that had to be done to allow for individual choice, those had to go somewhere, so the effects of those were all funnelled into Neo's experience of the matrix. 

That's why he became The One; there was so much inconsistency and irregularity in his life experience in the matrix, that he never developed enough mental / perceptual stability to see the virtual reality of the matrix as truly real.  Thus he was able to eventually realize that he could bend it to his will because the existence of choice in the system gave him the power to manipulate the system.  His power / ability is sort of an emergent property of his understanding of the system, much like consciousness emerges in the complex recursive processing that occurs in the brain, but being linked in, he was able to figure out how to take the input from the matrix, and feed it back to the system as he wanted.
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #25 on: April 09, 2012, 08:32:31 PM
That doesn't explain why he looked exactly the same in each instance of the Matrix.  It could at best account for why his residual self image inside the Matrix would look similar from one revolution to the next, but his physical body would have to have the exact same set of genes, in exactly the right order to make him look the same each time around.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline turnsouth

• No Life Club
  • There is no spoon
Reply #26 on: April 09, 2012, 08:41:51 PM
Exactly.  :tu:

But the clone idea also begs the question "Did the Oracle implant this Neo's love for Trinity into his genetic makeup, or was it just outside influences (the Oracle telling both of them that they loved each other) that enabled him to choose her over all of mankind?"

The conversation between the Architect and the Oracle at the end seemed to indicate that she had something more to do with Neo's choices than just the advice she gave him.

us Offline tattoosteve99

THE MATRIX 4 AND 5
Reply #27 on: April 10, 2012, 01:41:03 AM
That doesn't explain why he looked exactly the same in each instance of the Matrix.  It could at best account for why his residual self image inside the Matrix would look similar from one revolution to the next, but his physical body would have to have the exact same set of genes, in exactly the right order to make him look the same each time around.

Def

He didn't look the same :twak:   If that was the case the Morpheus would have known him by sight. Remember Morpheus said "the one" woke up the first of us. It's very complicated but there's a program that controls that too.

us Offline turnsouth

• No Life Club
  • There is no spoon
Reply #28 on: April 10, 2012, 01:51:54 AM

Def

He didn't look the same :twak:   If that was the case the Morpheus would have known him by sight. Remember Morpheus said "the one" woke up the first of us. It's very complicated but there's a program that controls that too.

How would he have? He wasn't alive when The One woke them up for this particular version of Zion (no one in this Zion was), and we have no indication that there are any photos of him. It makes sense that the Machines reuse a particular engineered person for Neo, and that they would make sure that no one in Zion would know what he looked like, but just perhaps a vague idea so that the next "One" could be found. After all in all the previous versions of Neo he choose the door that assimilated himself into the Matrix.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #29 on: April 10, 2012, 02:06:54 AM
When the Architect showed Neo the previous incarnations of The One it showed multiple Keanus reacting differently.

Def

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%