Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Kick contest winner!!

Ging · 13 · 3133

Offline Ging

• Skint Brit!!
The Kick contest winner!!
on: November 03, 2006, 05:01:26 PM
Today I received the Leatherman Kick courtesy of Felinevet that I won in the competition on Multitool.org.  First I would like to say thanks to Tim and Def for the competition and thanks to everyone on Multitool.org.  The second thing is that I am sorry I don’t have any pictures as my digital camera has just broken.  >:D

My Kick arrived in a USPS envelope that confused my porter at University as he couldn’t find it to start with as he was reading Tim’s return address!  It came with a nylon sheath which fits the tool in nicely (this is my first Leatherman with a sheath so I can compare it to any others).  I personally don’t think I will use the sheath as I prefer pocket carry as the tool is less obvious to NKP’s but still accessible. 

The tool itself is a nice size for me, it is large enough to give a good grip (I have quite small hands) but small enough to easily fit in your pocket.   The Kick can take a pocket clip so I am tempted to try that and see how well it carries clipped in my pocket.   The rubber edges give a nice secure grip and allow you to squeeze the tool quite hard with very little pain. 

The pliers head this huge compared to my Juice and looks bomb proof.  The wire cutting area is very large along with the hard wire cutting area.  I have cut fairly substantial wire with my Juice so I guess the Kick will cut very thick wire.  I will probably get plenty of opportunities to test this out as I am starting a 4 year Electrical Engineering degree at University so I can see the wire cutters being very useful. 

The other tools are well chosen as well, they all ‘lock’ with a good ‘click’.  They seam very solid when open and don’t feel like they are going to close on me.  This could be to do with how the screwdrivers are angled so they are forced outwards when you are using them.

The three screwdrivers are a good size, #2 Phillips, a small flat head (great for electrical terminals and glasses) and a larger flat head.  They are all long so should have no problems reaching down in to deep screws.  The can/bottle open looks very mean and looks as if it could just rip open a can!  I also have a huge wire stripper which again I can see myself using a lot.  The knife is a nice length and as the cutting edge is in side the handle there is little change of it cutting you as the opposite handle acts as a stop.

I will post another ‘field report’ when I have used the tool for about a couple of weeks and report how the Kick has held up in real live situations.  I should also have got my camera fixed my then so I can take some pictures

Again thanks to Tim, Def and multitool.org and I apologise about the lack of pictures.
E

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: The Kick contest winner!!
Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 09:48:09 PM
I dunno about everyone else, but I for one am interested to see how well it holds up in the long run.  I always thought of the Kick as a nice "lightweight" type tool not suited to heavy use.  I'd like to see how well it stands up to the daily use of a tradesman.

Bob has had some interesting stories with multitools and his plumber-in-laws but they are apparently quite large gentlemen with fingers like "Polish sausages" so it should be interesting to see how someone else with smaller hands like myself sees the tool.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 02:25:55 AM
Congrats again on winning the Kick ging, and thanks for the initial review. I look forward to your next field report!
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline eodtech

• No Life Club
  • Rule #9 - Never go anywhere without a knife.
Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 04:38:42 PM
DEF said " fingers like "Polish sausages"

PLEASE use the politically correct phrase    " Fingers like Kielbasa"

thanx

Andrew J. Gnoza, III

aka - PolishSumgai

Why do I carry a 45 ?
Because they don't make a 46 !

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 05:20:07 PM
Actually I was quoting from another forum....

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 12:10:15 AM
DEF said " fingers like "Polish sausages"

PLEASE use the politically correct phrase    " Fingers like Kielbasa"

thanx

I'll have to remember that next time.  :D
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline Ging

• Skint Brit!!
Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 12:55:25 AM
First field up date, the Kick has survived the NKP test.  Some girls at Uni actually wanted to play with the Kick  O0
E

us Offline LatinoHeat

• The man with the plan and the really nice tan.
Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 01:09:06 AM
I love it when girls play with my tool!!!    ;) :o ::) :angel:

Offline Ging

• Skint Brit!!
Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 02:45:55 PM
Next update....I that used the Kick to fix a metal thing that was being used to hold up a bandage on someones leg.  A little metal crimp had come off some elastic so I used the screwdriver/prybar to prize it back open and then crip it back in place with the pliers.  I them got called a murder for carrying a knife (aka mutli tool).

I was also asked by a girl 'Why do you have a mutli tool all the time, you dont need it'.  I was about to answer and then she said, 'Can you screw up a screw on that chair its coming out'.   ::) ::)

E

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #9 on: November 22, 2006, 03:08:07 PM
... I was also asked by a girl 'Why do you have a mutli tool all the time, you dont need it'.  I was about to answer and then she said, 'Can you screw up a screw on that chair its coming out'.   ::) ::)

Excellent!
Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

Offline damota

Reply #10 on: November 22, 2006, 04:12:04 PM
I was also asked by a girl 'Why do you have a mutli tool all the time, you dont need it'.  I was about to answer and then she said, 'Can you screw up a screw on that chair its coming out'.   ::) ::)

My father used to warn, 'Don't trust anyone who does not carry a knife, he will most likely end up pinching yours.'

Dave

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #11 on: November 23, 2006, 02:39:35 AM
My father used to warn, 'Don't trust anyone who does not carry a knife, he will most likely end up pinching yours.'

Dave

Wow, that is so deep.

Def, you should think about adding that one to the other Newsflash quotes: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,358.0.html

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: November 23, 2006, 02:41:14 AM
I will definately do that.  Unfortunately, this template doesn't manage the quotes properly so I will have to wait until the next time we change it up.

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%