Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Speaking of Tool Logic...

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Speaking of Tool Logic...
on: February 26, 2008, 04:22:47 PM
It's about time I posted this considering how long I've been threatening to!

The Trac Lite from Tool Logic is an amazingly handy little light.  It is about the size of a Mag Solitaire as you can see, but features a nice bright LED instead.

A quick tug on the sleeve and the light comes out, revealing a ball joint and magnet.

This makes it extra handy for a keyring as it means it will hold in securely and yet still be quickly removable so you aren't dragging your keys with you.  The magnet holds the light pretty solidly- in these pictures there is a coin under the heavy cardboard I used as a background, so that gives you an idea of how solid.  Thanks to the ball joint the light can be positioned in almost any direction.  This could be very handy for putting a light where you need it when your hands aren't free and another, more task oriented light isn't available.

The head assembly comes out quickly and easily as well, so it might also be a great toy for the light mod guys.  I don't get involved in that kind of thing as I'd probably manage to make it explode if I did.  You can also see that the Trac Lite is powered by three small watch cell batteries contained in a latex sleeve.  Someone mentioned that they probably wouldn't last long, and I really can't say anything except that I have been using this light for just over two weeks now and I haven't noticed any drop in the output.

Fortunately the Trac Lite also comes with a spare set, so it's not a huge deal either way.  Just make sure to keep the sleeve when you dispose of the batteries!

My opinion?  This is a great little light.  I'd be willing to put up with a little extra length to have a AAA model, but for now, I think this is one of the coolest little lights I have ever seen.  For folks who like their Solitaires, this may just be the replacement for you, especially considering the very low cost of the Trac Lite.  Felinevet currently has a few of these available at $17(I think), so contact him for details.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Roadie

• No Life Club
  • Hello...is this thing on?
Re: Speaking of Tool Logic...
Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 04:29:43 PM
eeee that brings back memories I had something very similar a couple of years ago that i got free with my Wave but i gave it to one of the guys i was working with at the time as he thought it was brilliant. It was a cool little gadget, can't remember what make it was though. I was impressed with its output for its size though.
Life is like a sandwich...the older it gets the crustier it becomes!

us Offline felinevet

• Banner Member
  • No Life Club
Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 06:08:19 PM
$15. shipped (U.S.) in for sale section below.
T

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 07:59:48 PM
Even better! :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 03:11:39 AM
I almost bought one from Tim the other day...I really like "gadget" lights like that.  Maybe I will pick one up after a few of you guys bite the bullet and get some beamshots posted :D

And I agree Def, an AAA or even and AA version would be great...any light using those two extremely common batteries get's a + from me.
[

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 10:59:32 AM
I'm tempted to get one, they look pretty handy. I'll probably get the Gerber Artifact first though.
I'm back!!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD