Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Get a Zune........NOW!

Pacu · 18 · 2599

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Get a Zune........NOW!
on: February 05, 2008, 03:33:49 AM
I bought a Zune a few months ago and it has been the best MP3 player i have owned. Whenever i travel i slap some movies on there, an audiobook or two and still have plenty of room for the butthole surfers greatest hits. With a couple of *cough* hacks **cough** you can use it as an exteral hard drive for your files and such and it has video out so if you are in a hotel room you can watch your movies off of it.

Plus your helping Bill Gates pay for his Lamborgini.
:like:    :MTO:

Offline Leatherman123

Re: Get a Zune........NOW!
Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 03:45:09 AM
I thought about getting the Zune! But I settled for the 16 GB iPod Touch! It is so much cooler ever since I hacked it!!
B

Offline Thargor

Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 04:30:05 PM
Ill be using the Creative Zen Vision: M and all its descendants in future, there is nothing better out there especially for watching videos, the screen is perfect and its even better if you use the tv out, then its dvd quality.

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 10:08:19 AM
Ill be using the Creative Zen Vision: M and all its descendants in future, there is nothing better out there especially for watching videos, the screen is perfect and its even better if you use the tv out, then its dvd quality.

I bought a Zen once, $500. Top of the range at the time, 60gb, video, etc etc.

Crapped out within a year.

I take a fairly dim view of MP3 players (or personal electronics in general).
Just not the sort of person I wish to be.

Offline Thargor

Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 06:19:24 PM
Thats the problem with all of them, no matter how well made the components are the laws of physics still limit the battery life and most of the new ones can only be opened with an Xacto knife so if it dies you just have to buy a new one, it sucks.

us Offline Pacu

Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 02:41:53 AM
By the time the battery gives out it should be time to update your technology anyway. I went from a 64 megabyte creative mp3 player to my 30 Zune. Life is so much better now especially with the amount of tv shows that are out there for content.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 12:02:52 PM
That's what eventually put me off off electronics.  You never really had that sense of possession with them, as you always knew that a year or so down the line there will be a better product that would make it obsolete.

That's why I like tools. Sure there will be changes and upgrades to future models, but the tool that you buy is a lifetimes investment (if looked after  ;)).
I'm back!!

gb Offline Roadie

• No Life Club
  • Hello...is this thing on?
Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 12:20:33 PM
Electronics will last a long time if looked after too. Although it's quite true that they don't make them like they used to (for most things anyway). My dad bought a amp for his stereo when he was 20 and it was playing music all night long last weekend for his 50th. Don't forget your torches are electronic too and i'd hate to try and prize one of them out of your hands!! :D
Life is like a sandwich...the older it gets the crustier it becomes!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 12:26:15 PM
Electronics will last a long time if looked after too. Although it's quite true that they don't make them like they used to (for most things anyway). My dad bought a amp for his stereo when he was 20 and it was playing music all night long last weekend for his 50th. Don't forget your torches are electronic too and i'd hate to try and prize one of them out of your hands!! :D

I was meaning things more like MP3's and phones etc.  Sure they last a long time, but they become "old hat" very quickly.  No one really looks at buying a mobile phone to keep 'forever'.
I'm back!!

gb Offline Roadie

• No Life Club
  • Hello...is this thing on?
Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 12:31:53 PM
I'd be quite happy to keep my phone for the rest of my life. If i need the extra functions like a decent camera/mp3 player/pda/toothbrush i would bring it with me. But yeah a lot of people do like to have the latest greatest phone that will make them tea and crumpets in the morning. Computers....now thats more my cup of tea! And that is one area where if you don't keep up to date you lose all track of whats happening. And its still following Moores law which is quite impressive!
Life is like a sandwich...the older it gets the crustier it becomes!

us Offline Pacu

Reply #10 on: February 10, 2008, 05:49:27 AM
I use the hell out of my camera on my phone. When i have a technical question and my words fail at making the boss on the other end understand what i am asking about its easy to say hold on a sec **click**. Then they are like DUH..here is how to fix it. Very useful feature.

us Offline Crouton

• No Life Club
  • "Live long and ..useful."
Reply #11 on: February 10, 2008, 03:18:21 PM
I thought about getting the Zune! But I settled for the 16 GB iPod Touch! It is so much cooler ever since I hacked it!!

I'm with LM123 on this one.  I actually got my 8 GB iPod touch as an award from work.  I also "Jailbroke" it to run third party apps and it makes a great all around gadget.
Wifi internet access, games, music, audiobooks.  What's not to like?

Zune is a great device but it lacks one thing ......iTunes.  While I actually despise the application itself it does allow one infinite ability to put free content on an iPod in the form of audio and video podcasts.  iTunes also has something called iTunes U which allows one to download actual college lectures to an iPod.  I find this to be immensely valuable as you can essentially take an entire college class (minus the credit) for free and all in your spare time.
:)

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #12 on: February 10, 2008, 06:33:06 PM
Gosh, I feel like such a loser with only a 4GB Sansa e260!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #13 on: February 10, 2008, 09:26:25 PM
I love the game iPhysics! That has to be my favorite! I also have Guitar Hero on it!
B

Offline Levi

• What just happened?
Reply #14 on: February 11, 2008, 05:02:34 AM
I'll stick with my 160GB & 60GB iPods thanks :)
I

us Offline Tsquare

Reply #15 on: February 11, 2008, 05:08:52 AM
     I suppose the 8-track just would not be as portable.  Ooops there I go giving my age away.  I still do not see how the cassette tape made the 8-track obsolete.  It wasn't all that much smaller.  But cds have almost become dinosaurs with the mp3 players out there.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #16 on: February 11, 2008, 05:33:43 AM
CD's were better for some things, but were always inconvenient.  They scratched easily, were awkward to carry, necessitating special carrying cases, and they skipped with even slight bumps.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Tsquare

Reply #17 on: February 11, 2008, 06:44:26 PM
     Maybe leatherman will come out with a tool that has a built-in mp3 player like the swiss army did. 

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%