Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Left-handed OHO for Trekker?

us Offline sergemaster

• No Life Club
Re: Left-handed OHO for Trekker?
Reply #30 on: May 10, 2012, 01:20:50 AM
Amici,
Althought the OHT is very cool, I have to give the nod to the Wenger 156 when it comes to over comfort as well as high marks in the saw cutting dept.

Cheers,
Serge
'I will NOT be threatened by a walking Meatloaf!!' - D. Kessler

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #31 on: May 10, 2012, 01:28:14 AM
As a lefty, the Wengers are not easy to open one-handed.  I prefer the OHT/Soldier for that reason.  As to the saw, I occasionally use one at the store to cut wood for stain samples.  I haven't used the 111mm one yet at work, but I have used the one on my Farmer.  The 93mm worked great, no reason to think that the 111mm won't be just as good if not a bit better.  I took it outside and sawed a couple of branches just a little while ago, and didn't fint the OHO hump to be uncomfortable.
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline sergemaster

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: May 10, 2012, 01:39:46 AM
Amici,
True the Wenger is a tad awkward as a OHO for us softpaws, but it can be done in a pinch. I still feel that the Ranger series are by far superior to the Victorinox 111 mm series.

Cheers,
Serge
'I will NOT be threatened by a walking Meatloaf!!' - D. Kessler

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #33 on: May 10, 2012, 02:36:39 AM
Have you tried using the saw for any period of time?

I found the Trekka pretty uncomfortable when using the saw due to the OHO hole sitting proud of the knife. For this reason I bought a Forrester for play time in the woods and retired the Trekka to the "box of many shiny things that aren't used much".

I came to the conclusion that comfort during use and a plain edge blade were more important to me than speedy blade deployment. Both great knives of course, they would be because they are SAK's!

Atb, Jon.

Depending on finger size, you can always slip your index finger into the OHO hole for a better grip. :)

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #34 on: May 10, 2012, 04:14:07 AM
Amici,
True the Wenger is a tad awkward as a OHO for us softpaws, but it can be done in a pinch. I still feel that the Ranger series are by far superior to the Victorinox 111 mm series.

Cheers,
Serge

I'll have to give them a look then.  I've only really handled one, briefly.  I know that they have them at Ramsey Outdoor up here, next time I'm over there I'll have to give them a try. 
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%