Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Video: Victorinox Pouches

Smaug · 12 · 2887

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Video: Victorinox Pouches
on: May 09, 2012, 04:41:49 AM
-Jeremy
"Well begun is half done."
-Aristotle

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Re: Video: Victorinox Pouches
Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 04:57:54 AM
The video description has a link to a sweet knot tutorial website, by the way.

Geez, it took me about 10 minutes to shoot that video, and about 2 hours to upload and process it.
-Jeremy
-Aristotle

us Offline JAfromMn

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Stranger in a Strange Land
Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 05:24:50 AM
Thanks Again for doing the Video Smaug

You made me rethink using the swivel sheath on my Spirit I think it would stick out to far.

and want a nice black leather swivel sheath for my swiss champ that much more. I want it to stick out and look classy :)
Defend the Hive!!!

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 09:09:42 AM
Thanks Again for doing the Video Smaug

You made me rethink using the swivel sheath on my Spirit I think it would stick out to far.

You're welcome. It doesn't stick out like crazy, just enough that you notice if if you're used to something that rides close to the body. On the other hand, it doesn't rub on love handles at all.
-Jeremy
-Aristotle

de Offline kreisler

• they called me a poser
Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 01:53:16 PM
Thanks so much for your youtube contributions. All of your videos there are a delight. How many takes did you take for this clip? In front of a cam i cant talk more than 3 sentences without sounding silly afterwards. i am much better at writing and composing.

i admire videographers like you and nutnfancy who talk flawlessly without interruption in a single line of thought.

hmm.. i tend to order the swivel pouch.. i will see later if the pouch options which i already have (LIDL pouch, Ganzo pouch, flashlight swivel holster, original Vic Spirit Plus leather pouch) are sufficient or not. i wouldnt mind spending money on the leather swivel pouch, it's only 11.90€ shipped (EUR-list price is 14.40€ for the swivel leather, and about the same for the swivel nylon, however the latter is a phased-out model afaik and only available from old stock of ebay dealers).

This video was really helpful, and inspiring as well. Will need to buy some paracord too! Thanks again!!

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 02:24:29 PM
Thanks so much for your youtube contributions. All of your videos there are a delight. How many takes did you take for this clip?

Thanks for the kind words. It was done in one take, but I had been running through what I was going to say for a couple hours ahead of time, from the time I decided I would make it to the time I actually made it.

Quote from: kreisler
i admire videographers like you and nutnfancy who talk flawlessly without interruption in a single line of thought.
I think that was a compliment, but please don't compare me to nutnfancy. I'd like to hope I'm a little more down to earth*, have a bit better vocabulary, that I babble less, and that I do a lot less wild gesturing with my hands like a used car dealer in a TV commercial. I also make an effort to keep the videos somewhat brief; ones that go over 10 minutes are an exception, rather than the norm.

* For example, I don't refer to myself as "we at the nutnfancy project", like I/we have some grand mission.
-Jeremy
-Aristotle

de Offline kreisler

• they called me a poser
Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 02:37:59 PM
hehe. with almost 200,000 subscribers Mr TNP is ready to fly up sky, i wouldnt mind :D .. i am saying that i really dont mind when people are not down to earth. people around me would notice or perceive such things like other people's attitude, arrogance or blown ego, i seldom to. and when i do, it doesnt bother/they dont bother me.  ;)

I am wondering how many forum members have their own youtube channel with reviews. Ashley has such a nice series of video clips too (a lady? into tools? how awesome!!).

ooohh.. cant wait. it's a matter of 1-2 hours only. DHL tracking of my Spirit shipment. (It's actually the Plus model). Got it off amazon so cheap (webpage listing error hehe)..

ch Offline victor7000

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 06:44:06 PM
Great video. Thanks for sharing it  :tu:

gb Offline nsa-x-file

• No Life Club
  • In a world of compromise, some don't.
Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 07:06:34 PM
Very good video.  :salute:
Thanks for sharing.

us Offline sergemaster

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 07:41:43 PM
Amici,
Great video Smaug! Keep up the good work!

Cheers,
Serge

« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 07:44:28 PM by sergemaster »
'I will NOT be threatened by a walking Meatloaf!!' - D. Kessler

us Offline Currahee

• Merely a figbar of your immigration.
Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012, 08:51:10 PM

Good show, mate!

Thanks for taking the time to produce this excellent video. Like you, I also prefer a softer nylon pouch. I am also more inclined to mount my pouch horizontally when carrying a 91 or 93mm knife. Unfortunately Victorinox does not give me that option with their soft nylon pouch. I wonder why? As shown in your video, both options are provided with most of their other, harder, pouches. Not so with the soft one. Por que no?
Shoot low, they might be crawlin'

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #11 on: May 09, 2012, 11:43:08 PM
Excellent review. :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79