Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What did you use your Leatherman for today? 237167

Hero Member Posts: 633
Re: What did you use your Leatherman for today?
« Reply #4380 on: September 16, 2020, 08:48:53 PM »
Stopped by my parents house to discover that they were going to try and extract a broken bulb from the fixture with a potato... 2 minutes later the Rebar had it out with no weird potato residue involved:

Become the night and join us for the Batman Challenge in January!
Global Moderator Just Bananas Posts: 62,577
« Reply #4381 on: September 16, 2020, 09:07:05 PM »
Great use :like: and 1 that I have also had to use as well :cheers:
Global Moderator He Who Has The Most Nuts, Wins! Posts: 50,489
« Reply #4382 on: September 17, 2020, 01:49:26 PM »
 :iagree: :like:
No Life Club Posts: 1,903
« Reply #4383 on: September 18, 2020, 07:49:18 PM »
Stopped by my parents house to discover that they were going to try and extract a broken bulb from the fixture with a potato... 2 minutes later the Rebar had it out with no weird potato residue involved:

(Image removed from quote.)
Good to know that you "chipped" in  :facepalm:

They don't like it up 'em!
« Reply #4384 on: September 18, 2020, 07:53:18 PM »
It's been a slow few days in the house of Surge; mostly delivery nightmares (new fridge-freezer & dishwasher)  :ahhh

However, I finally managed to pick up a book I'd ordered and the Rebar helped free it from its packaging  :tu:

Sr. Member Posts: 383
« Reply #4385 on: September 25, 2020, 01:55:14 PM »
Again used the Squirt to trim electrical wires. Have no clue why i havent went for the ES version. Used old light bulbs and the heat fried the tiny lamp cables. I have mounted new ones, cables are thicker and slot is ceramic, plus LED bulbs, i should be fine now

Sanger's laws:

-any problem has more than one resolve!

-by the way you look at the problem, the resolve may change!

-where's a will there's a way !
« Reply #4386 on: September 26, 2020, 07:42:46 PM »
Yesterday (25th) I used my new Rebar (cheers Aloha  :cheers: ) and my FX to help a mate put up a couple of new trellis, attached to their existing fence.

The Rebar helped to remove the old Sky-Hooks, which were holding up something else, and the FX and it's Awlsome attachment made new holes.

It all went swimmingly well  :tu:

No Life Club Posts: 1,020
« Reply #4387 on: September 30, 2020, 09:03:33 AM »
Been a busy one yesterday.

Some time ago I posted a few pics of fixing a kitchen heating water tap. It still misbehaved once in a while so we finally decided to replace it. Down under the sink I went with a Signal in my hand attempting to undo a nut holding the water pipe in place

But the handle splay is so wide on Signal that I had to switch to the Wave

Next I used Work Champ long Phillips to install a wall plug to a new heater - they do provide it but since there are options to either plug it above or below the sink you have to install it yourself

Being done with a water heater I went further to replacing water filter cartridges. Work Champ main blade was used to unpack all the parts and cut thing plastic water pipes, though I didn’t take any pictures of that.

However in order to install a new membrane I needed to first remove the old one, so Work Champ pliers were used

After quite some time fiddling with the reverse osmosis system and putting it all back to work providing us with fresh water I decided to have a look what might possibly be wrong with the old heating water tap, so Phillips on a Work Champ was used again. Can’t stress enough how much I love that long one and the reach it provides - impossible to do with anything else like LMs, CyberTools etc.

As you can see it’s all wrong and I could possibly clean it and make it work for some more time, but at the price of 30-50$ replacement I just don’t see the point....

Anyways, I had my fun doing it all, hope you did too reading through all of the above

Dream. Wish. Leave nothing undone. Repeat.
Global Moderator He Who Has The Most Nuts, Wins! Posts: 50,489
« Reply #4388 on: September 30, 2020, 01:36:47 PM »
Nice uses !   :like:
« Reply #4389 on: October 06, 2020, 08:26:29 AM »
I've used the old giftcard trick for ductape for years but always liked the idea of making a more compact roll, so I took my Rebar to a nail: sawing off the point, filing the tip flat and any burrs off, then came the frustrating part. Trying to roll duct tape neatly is an exercise in self torture  :twak:

Came it pretty well in the end though! and I do say I love having ready access to a metal saw  :cheers:

Global Moderator Just Bananas Posts: 62,577
« Reply #4390 on: October 07, 2020, 03:32:58 AM »
Great use, GF :like: I have done this before with the duct tape and the nail as well :tu: anytime you can carry duct tape easily and in a very small space is always a win :like:
Thread Killer 2017 Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 7,576 Born to multitask.
Full Member Posts: 211
« Reply #4392 on: October 19, 2020, 02:09:51 AM »
Built a small shelf today. Used the Surge's file to clean up edges, the large flat screw driver opened a can of wood stain, and the pliers were used to hold a piece of pvc while heating it over a torch (then formed into a 90° bracket, used to secure the shelf to the wall).

« Reply #4393 on: October 19, 2020, 12:19:26 PM »
PST helped me with some hot stuff. I swapped some joysticks on a controller. Things get damn hot

Sanger's laws:

« Reply #4394 on: October 20, 2020, 10:16:40 AM »
Use my Rebar and a couple of paper clips to make a hook for my no touch tool (trying to up my EDC sleeping area). Just need to wide the hook a little and retie the lanyard since the one it shipped on untied.

Hero Member Posts: 783
« Reply #4395 on: October 20, 2020, 04:44:21 PM »
Used my sidekick to loosen and tighten tiny nuts. Between the Sidekick and 4" adjustable, got it all tightened.

Swapped out a sensor on the flat sorter  :tu:
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 5,300
« Reply #4396 on: October 20, 2020, 06:10:25 PM »
Same reason I carry a SC and Knipex, gives me two tiny bionic grippers 👍

Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.
No Life Club Posts: 1,245
« Reply #4397 on: October 23, 2020, 06:31:52 PM »
The Knifeless helped open the packaging for new storage equipment. :tu:
« Reply #4398 on: October 27, 2020, 04:16:48 PM »
Used the PST to breake some Aluminium pads from a pc cooler and make them into heatsinks

Sanger's laws:

No Life Club Posts: 1,020
« Reply #4399 on: November 01, 2020, 03:08:26 PM »
The good

Show content

We spent some amazing time in the woods gathering mushrooms yesterday. I used Work Champ and handed a LM Signal with a brand new never used before factory sharped blade to my lady

Also used scissors to open a new pack of zesty Carpathian  herbal tea

The bad
Show content
After cutting a few shrooms the blade on a Work Champ stopped being shaving sharp - fixed really quick today, but to me shrooms are a pretty soft substance that shouldn’t affect sharpness that fast

The ugly
Show content

It was a rainy day, so i just wiped both blades with my sweatshirt and put back in their sheaths.

Today I’ve also discovered some rust stains on a Signal blade

Cleaned easily with Ballistol and a piece of cloth, still I find it pretty disappointing

Dream. Wish. Leave nothing undone. Repeat.
Full Member Posts: 118
« Reply #4400 on: November 02, 2020, 01:47:44 AM »
Mowed the lawn for the last time this year, so decommissioned the lawn mower. Drained the gas and pulled the carb. Scraped out built up grass from the underside too.  :multi:
New User Posts: 2
« Reply #4401 on: November 03, 2020, 04:30:38 PM »
Used my freshly out of warranty (they sent me a new one because they don't do repairs in my country) wave plus to temporarily fix its sheat.
Had it for a year and a half and the velcro from the lid was damaging the part under the tape, which I think would've lead to a hole.

So I burnt the fiber that was going wild, cut up the burnt bundles and then applied some electrical tape to prevent it from happening again.
I know this isn't going to last but I've been playing with it a lot since I got it back so I didn't want to tear a hole in it until I find a more permanent solution, or until I can justify the money for a new sheat. 
 :D
« Reply #4402 on: November 06, 2020, 04:57:00 PM »
Used the Squirt to cut a cable, to change the polarity in order to be able to play the GB from a powerbank.
42.63 kB | 360x368

Sanger's laws:

« Reply #4403 on: November 06, 2020, 07:22:51 PM »
Used Surge scissors to cut a chip bag in half. Makes a nice bowl.  :tu:
No Life Club Posts: 1,574 4x4 since '74
« Reply #4404 on: November 08, 2020, 07:14:08 PM »
I used the tweezers on the Free T4 to pluck out a leaf fragment which was stuck in my flashlight's pocket clip.

Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass
Hero Member Posts: 638
« Reply #4405 on: November 08, 2020, 08:55:29 PM »
A most boring and menial act, but it saved me an hour of frustration. Clearing a paper jam with my Rebar pliers. I could barely grasp the paper with my finger tips so the pliers was able to grip it by a few millimeters and I slowly pulled it out.

I always said I can make do with a Cadet. I change my mind. Long live the Rebar!!!!
Sr. Member Posts: 294
« Reply #4406 on: November 09, 2020, 09:02:03 PM »
Today i used the free p4 for a bit finger Training;
Dit someone notice this thing even got a one hand plier??
Its fun to open and close the pliers whit one hand, although it may get a bit dangourous because the sharp tool oposide of the Main Blade handle half sometimes swing out a bit.. ^^
Nice tool, and fun to use

Your SAK is only fully yours, when it bites you, or you opend a Trink of your joice whit it
SAKs i have: Huntsman Light (Red Transparent), Workchamp (Black), Wenger EvoGrip S557 (Red), Swisschamp XLT (Red Transparent)..
Sr. Member Posts: 316
« Reply #4407 on: November 10, 2020, 07:58:17 AM »
The Juice KF4 and the UTA helped straighten out the basket on the bike. Those two make a very capable package together.

« Reply #4408 on: November 24, 2020, 05:16:17 AM »
Used my Surge's large flathead to scrap a label stuck on a conveyor roller. Worked great. Sprayed simple green on it to remove the stickiness. 2 thumbs up  :ahhh
No Life Club Posts: 4,671 Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
« Reply #4409 on: November 25, 2020, 06:40:49 AM »
The Juice KF4 and the UTA helped straighten out the basket on the bike. Those two make a very capable package together.

Those UTAs are a great accessory for a multitool.  I'm surprised LM didn't sell more of them (based on how few I see for sale - or maybe current owners like them so much they refuse to part with them).

babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
January Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jan 31
Total Receipts: $121.83
PayPal Fees: $7.17
Net Balance: $114.66
Below Goal: $185.34
Site Currency: USD
38%